Record $1,853,875.84 Online Progressive Jackpot won at Casino Swiss

spearmaster

RIP Ted
Unfortunately, it wasn't me :(

Record $1,853,875.84 Online Progressive Jackpot won at Casino Swiss


St. Johns, Antigua, May 1, 2005 - A new online record progressive jackpot milestone was reached on April 30th when a player won $1,853,875.84 playing the 8-line progressive Gold Rally slots at Casino Swiss.

Hilly Ehrlich, spokesman for IOG Casinos Ltd of Antigua, the parent company of the Playtech-powered Casino Swiss, said today that the record jackpot was won by a 30-year old woman who has been playing online at Casino Swiss since January 2005.

"We are understandably excited and proud to be paying out this record Gold Rally jackpot at Casino Swiss," said Ehrlich. "It's not every day that a once-in-a-lifetime event like this occurs and we are absolutely delighted for the winner, " he added.

Casino Swiss (
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
) was the first of the casinos established by IOG Casinos Ltd of Antigua, which has been operating online since 2002. IOG Casinos Ltd also operate other respected online properties including Casino Las Vegas (
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
, Casino King (
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
) and Magic Box Casino (
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
) and Fair Poker (
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
.

All of the member casinos are powered by Playtech NV of Antigua (
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
, one of the world's leading developers of online casino and poker software.
 
Last edited:

Mugwump

Dormant account
Just send it over to Netteller, please! I want all of those 'wonderful' netpoints!
 
Last edited:

largeeyes

Dormant account
Interesting. We see these giant jackpots(really anothing into the mid 5 figs is pretty darn big) and I've been getting curious how they pay out these kinds of sums of money.
 

elscrabinda

Active Member
PABnoaccred
PABnorogue
With Swiss, chances are it will involve a series of livechats spreading over several weeks getting differing information from each people, deliberate attempts to avoid paying out and complete denial that any jackpot ever existed.
 

jetset

RIP Brian
CAG
I'm not sure how other major companies handle their record progressive payouts, but having met with two of the Major Millions winning players who hit over the million jackpots I know that Microgaming / Jackpot Madness pays out in cash and in one payment. Free financial advice facilities are offered with it.
 

Vesuvio

Dormant account
elscrabinda said:
With Swiss, chances are it will involve a series of livechats spreading over several weeks getting differing information from each people, deliberate attempts to avoid paying out and complete denial that any jackpot ever existed.
Though if the player's lucky she'll be banned and saved from receiving spam e-mails from them each day for the rest of her natural life :rolleyes:
 

largeeyes

Dormant account
jetset said:
I'm not sure how other major companies handle their record progressive payouts, but having met with two of the Major Millions winning players who hit over the million jackpots I know that Microgaming / Jackpot Madness pays out in cash and in one payment. Free financial advice facilities are offered with it.
By cash you mean a check, right? Not one of those suitcases.....??? :)
 

spearmaster

RIP Ted
largeeyes said:
Interesting. We see these giant jackpots(really anothing into the mid 5 figs is pretty darn big) and I've been getting curious how they pay out these kinds of sums of money.
Normally, jackpot funds are pooled by the manufacturer from all participating casinos - so they should realistically have the funds available to make the payment in one lump sum.

I believe this is what is going to happen, though I am not fully aware of the actual process involved as it is still being set up.

What Jetset says is definitely true about the Microgaming jackpot system - it is well-organized, made in one payment, and even comes with financial advice.
 

jetset

RIP Brian
CAG
Swiss Casino has given us more information in a response to a press query.

The winner is a 30-something American, CariM. The full amount of the win will be paid in one transfer, and advice is being provided to her by expert financial planners.

She first signed up at the casino in Jan this year. When she made the big hit she had deposited $110 on Sat 30th April and played around 1 hour and 20 minutes before she hit the jackpot! The winning bet cost $16.
 

maxlevine

Webmaster
webmeister
chuchu59 said:
Did this beat the Major Millions jackpot? I would have thought it was darn close.
I believe Major Millions biggest jackpot was over $1.6 million in 2003.

Max
 

Sodax77

Dormant account
chuchu59 said:
Did this beat the Major Millions jackpot?
Yes. €1,453,610.18 ~ $1,779,827.44

From Jackpotmadness:
-----

Joaquim Wins €1,453,610.18 - Largest Online Jackpot EVER!
"It will be my 50th birthday in July as well as my 25th wedding anniversary in August. So I’m planning on celebrating these two events with my winnings."

Joaquim M., won €1,453,610.18 ($1,779,827.44) on Major Millions on June 1, 2004 at Jackpot City.

-----

Joaquim M $ 1,779,827.44 Jackpot City 01 Jun 2004
Jim L $ 1,683,526.64 Lucky Nugget Casino 18 Jul 2003
Ronald H $ 1,626,184.56 Golden Tiger Casino 20 Feb 2003
 
Last edited:

eek

Dormant account
Well I hope her advisers mention that she will save around 35% x $1.8 mill if she goes abroad 'cos of US taxes on gambling.

$630,000 extra dollar bills in your pocket could be handy for a few shopping trips
 

largeeyes

Dormant account
eek said:
Well I hope her advisers mention that she will save around 35% x $1.8 mill if she goes abroad 'cos of US taxes on gambling.

$630,000 extra dollar bills in your pocket could be handy for a few shopping trips
Well, she'd have to relinquish citizenship to do that.....
 
Top