People are sick!

Anyone ever lays a hand on my kids and I would go after them. When our girls were 7 and 8 we took them to the state fair. They were in the line for a ride and my husband and I were behind the rails watching them. They opened the gate for people to start loading into the ride and my daughter went forward and knocked over a drink the ride operator had set on the ground. The guy shoved my daughter back and called her an impatient little shit.

My hubby is a big man and he leapt over the rail and was beating the hell out of the guy. Another worker jumped on my husbands back trying to get him off of the operator. The operator tried to go under the ride to get away from my husband.

The sheriffs came and arrested my husband for assaulting the operator. They talked to everyone in line and they all agreed that the guy shoved her and cussed at her. The sheriffs officers shook my husbands hand and told us if it was one of their kids they would have done the same.

We went to court and it was thrown out since the worker didn't show. You don't ever lay your hands one someone elses child. I'm not a fighter at all but like most mothers, when it comes to my children my claws will come out.

Michelle

Well, I have no children. ( My Mum says I am the smart one and I never know if that is a compliment or a jab at me for being such a brat as a youngster :oops:) I have gotten frustrated when people do not have the parenting skills to teach their children to behave properly in public but what this man did is so over the top. It is clearly a case of Assault and Battery and/or Child Abuse.

If I am stuck in a line at the store and a child is screaming for the rafters it usually pulls on my heart strings and I try to ascertain what the problem is. A little smile or something to distract them often calms the little tyke. On the other hand I was recently in Jury Duty where a Mother brought in her child to sit in the gallery. This was a murder trial and this kid would not shut the hell up. After a while I became so distracted that I proceeded to give the Mom the ole Skunk Eye. When I looked back over to the Judge I noticed he was giving her one too. And can you believe it, this woman did not take the hint. It got to the point where we all wanted to slap her. :rolleyes:

Oh I can defintely see wanting to slap the parent. I have felt that way many times. There is nothing worse than looking forward to a nice quiet dinner out and then having to sit there while some kid screams the place down, or runs around banging into you. That is something to take up with the parents.

Michelle

When I first read the headline I thought he spanked her butt, but he slapped her in the face 3 or 4 times!!!

I couldn't believe it, they didn't say what the mother did (at least I don't remember seeing that part) but I don't think I would just scoop up my child and walk away, if that's what she did. I'm no skinny minny, but even if I was I don't think he would be walking out of that store.

I have to agree when I am out and want to shop/eat/whatever I don't want a screaming child around (I do not allow my daughter now who is 7 or my other daughter who is 19 when she was younger to act that way, I give them the "Skunk Eye" and they know they better behave :D well not my 19 year old, she gives ME the Skunk Eye now :rolleyes: )

I was listening to my radio this morning and they have a husband and wife team for the DJ's, they are funny as hell, they have a 2 year old daughter and they were asking people to call in and tell the meanest/strangest things that people have said to their children while out, I couldn't believe what people would say to total strangers...and they were mostly the elderly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back