Oops (Rick Perry`s meltdown on camera)

chayton

aka LooHoo
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
oh man....I have days like that - you know, when I can't remember my own...uhhhh...that thing...my uHmmmmm... :oops:

harrys99

Dormant account
Watched Live

I watched this live and you just had to cringe. What an awful moment! However, IMO the conversation caught on a live mic of Obama and Sarkozy talking about Bibi N was far worse.

anniemac

Ueber Meister
PABnoaccred
MM
Imagine if you were a Texan. I wanted to stick my head in a hole. Now I know why he never makes speeches here. I was beyond embarassed. :oops:

secret2

irishbrit62
MM
Imagine if you were a Texan. I wanted to stick my head in a hole. Now I know why he never makes speeches here. I was beyond embarassed. :oops:
Much like another Texan we all know know who had a brain freeze:

" Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again"

"Who" said that?

anniemac

Ueber Meister
PABnoaccred
MM
At least old George W. could think on his feet better than Rick Perry can. And that doesn't say much.

jetset

RIP Brian
CAG
I guess if you throw your hat in the presidential ring you have to take what's thrown at you and make sure you're focused and rehearsed....but I felt sorry for the guy. As Chayton said, we've all had those moments when we blank out on something we know really well - especially as we get older and there's more info to sift through in the brain :D

Being a good orator is certainly an invaluable asset for a politician, but I think in some cases in our society today that can mask a level of indeciveness and incompetence. In our leaders in a dangerous world we need the whole package, or the nearest damn thing we can get to it, and that is too often lacking imo.

Even a thick-skinned politician must cringe when he makes that sort of a mess of a very public appearance, and the media is merciless when a politician screws up. That keeps them on their toes, but I believe we have to remember that politicians are people too (I think :p)!

rainmaker

I'm not a penguin
webmeister
CAG
And of course, he is now trying to laugh it away :rolleyes:

(Btw, Good reply jetset :thumbsup:)

Letterman preview

Last edited by a moderator:

Silencio

Dormant account
Saw it on the Daily Show yesterday :D
Poor republicans, what a joke those candidates. For the first time ever, I feel a little sorry for the republicans.