Oops (Rick Perry`s meltdown on camera)

Watched Live

I watched this live and you just had to cringe. What an awful moment! However, IMO the conversation caught on a live mic of Obama and Sarkozy talking about Bibi N was far worse.

Imagine if you were a Texan. I wanted to stick my head in a hole. Now I know why he never makes speeches here. I was beyond embarassed. :oops:

I guess if you throw your hat in the presidential ring you have to take what's thrown at you and make sure you're focused and rehearsed....but I felt sorry for the guy. As Chayton said, we've all had those moments when we blank out on something we know really well - especially as we get older and there's more info to sift through in the brain :D

Being a good orator is certainly an invaluable asset for a politician, but I think in some cases in our society today that can mask a level of indeciveness and incompetence. In our leaders in a dangerous world we need the whole package, or the nearest damn thing we can get to it, and that is too often lacking imo.

Even a thick-skinned politician must cringe when he makes that sort of a mess of a very public appearance, and the media is merciless when a politician screws up. That keeps them on their toes, but I believe we have to remember that politicians are people too (I think :p)!

And of course, he is now trying to laugh it away :rolleyes:

(Btw, Good reply jetset :thumbsup:)

Letterman preview

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it on the Daily Show yesterday :D
Poor republicans, what a joke those candidates. For the first time ever, I feel a little sorry for the republicans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back