Old Countdown clip. How do you do this in 30 seconds?

skiny

Banned User - violation of <a href="http://www.cas
This was pretty amazing.

+6
/25

=952.

In 30 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was pretty amazing.

+6
/25

=952.

In 30 seconds.

It`s fixed, as is dictionary corner, ever noticed how dictionary corner will always get the maximum letters word every single game, no matter how nerdy the resident lexicographer is, they would have to be right up there with the most prominent Savants to memorise every single word in the Oxford concise dictionary :eek2:.

I've seen the players get better than the dictionary corner and they have a dictionary. :rolleyes:

But what's the point? It doesn't matter how long the dictionary corner's words are. They're not competing with the contestants. They're just showing longer words that could have been made. I would be surprised if they didn't get ideas from an ear piece.

Russell Howard said once that hanging out with Stephen Fry was "like hanging out with google" but everyone knows he wears an earpiece when he hosts QI. It's pretty common practice.

But what's the point? It doesn't matter how long the dictionary corner's words are. They're not competing with the contestants. They're just showing longer words that could have been made. I would be surprised if they didn't get ideas from an ear piece.

Russell Howard said once that hanging out with Stephen Fry was "like hanging out with google" but everyone knows he wears an earpiece when he hosts QI. It's pretty common practice.

I hear what you`re saying, how many times have you heard dictionary corner say `Thanks to the producers for that one`?, not once :rolleyes:, Carol Vorderman is/was not competing with the contestants either, and come on, she couldn`t have been that great with figures, she was constantly trying to squeeze a size 10 figure into size 6-8 clothes :eek2:.

I have been to the filming of Countdown in the Carol/Richard days and Carol did have a helper who she negotiated with during the numbers he also cleared the board, whether this was because she was heavily pregnant at the time and he just was helped her clear the board at this time I don't know.

I did go to a controversial episode, it was a champion of champions and they were obviously highly strung being intelligent, one contestant buzzed in a crucial conundrum and gave an alternative 9 letter word to the one they wanted, after checking the dictionary the producers decided the word existed so they had to refilm and the contestants had to pretend they were seeing an unknown conundrum and only that contestant would buzz, but they both seemed a bit confused as to what was happening and they had to refilm twice as neither contestant buzzed, the contestant who lost, I believe he was called Clive was not happy with what happened.

Funniest countdown ever. It's the entire episode with the 8 out of 10 cats cast.

Part 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back