nvidia drivers & 3Dice

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
Hey all,

Does anyone know which version of nvidia drivers work good for 3Dice?

The ones I have installed now make it seem like 3Dice's games are on crack. The slots spin very choppy. For instance, the reels stop out of order (2 stops before 1, etc), all at once, or simply show a black box where some of the symbols should be.

Cards have the jitters when they're being dealt out.

It's insane, believe me ;) I'm sure that I'm not the only one that's experienced this, because it's definitely a driver issue. When the right version of drivers (I'll probably have to downgrade) are installed, the games run as they should, and I'll max out the FPS with my setup. It's just that I've reinstalled XP since the last time I had the 3Dice-Friendly drivers installed, and don't remember which version they were.

Video card = GeForce 8600GT

Go to
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
and update your DirectX.

Then go to
and download the latest drivers.

You should also check to see if your monitor has a driver instead of using the generic one.

what about me? Im a 29 years old man who knows nothing about comp.and have had the same problem. any simpler available solution? thanks

what about me? Im a 29 years old man who knows nothing about comp.and have had the same problem. any simpler available solution? thanks

The first two steps are fairly straightforward.

On the DirectX page, you simply select the top option to update the DirectX.

You shouldn't have any problem finding your Nvidia drivers on their support page as long as you know what video card you have.

If you don't, under the 'start menu' select 'run' and enter dxdiag

The diagnosis will show you everything you need to know about your computer, including the make and model number of your video card (found under the 'display' tab)

The problem is that sometimes the latest drivers make 3Dice work worse, not better. I'm not saying that is always the case, but it can be. I have found 3Dice support and Enzo very dedicated to seeing we have the best 3Dice experience possible, they are very proud of their software (rightly so). However they are a relatively small operation, so making sure every card and every system works for all the updates is sometimes difficult, but I'm sure you can ask for their help winbig.

Hi Winbig,

I'm gonna see if I can find a similar card so that I can get you the exact details. One thing you can try without downgrading drivers is to fiddle around with the anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering settings of your video card.
(right click desktop, properties, driver, advanced, 3D opengl settings).

Those are supposed to be set to 'let the application decide', but you can overrule that in the driver settings and give it a try with them forced to off - or on.

Video card driver updates can often get you extra speed in 3D accelerated software (like 3Dice), but the latest drivers often still have bugs and its a good idea to watch hardware forums before upgrading a display driver. (they need an accredited list over at nVidia ;))

Enjoy the holidays,

Enzo

I had an NVIDIA GeForce 8600 and played with every setting there is. I also tried a half dozen different drivers. The problem never went away. If I didn't reboot before I started playing at 3Dice the games acted like they were on crack. When it came time to upgrade my video card I went to ATI. Now I have an ATI Radeon HD 4650. It takes a few days longer to start but eventually if I don't reboot, the games still act like they're on crack. :rolleyes:

NVidia display drivers

Hello,

before you start fiddling with drivers reinstallation, you may want to check the following (see below) especially if you use multiple displays:

If you use windows: Right-click on the Windows desktop, select NVIDIA Control panel (or navigate there via Windows Control panel in case you lack right mouse button for some reason :))

In the 3D settings section open "Manage 3D Settings" item and look for

"Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration"

In the right part select from the rolldown menu:

"Single display performance mode"

and confirm this setting by clicking "Apply" button.

This should help especially if you use multiple displays, but you can give it a shot anyway (i.e. even if you do not).

Also, as mentioned above, installing DirectX drivers is really advised.

And regarding drivers in general - the newest are currently ok for playing games (as far as I tried - Win XP and Win 7 mostly), so there should not be any problem using them if you play in Windows XP with at least Service Pack 2 or newer Windows OS.

Hi Winbig,

I'm gonna see if I can find a similar card so that I can get you the exact details. One thing you can try without downgrading drivers is to fiddle around with the anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering settings of your video card.
(right click desktop, properties, driver, advanced, 3D opengl settings).

Those are supposed to be set to 'let the application decide', but you can overrule that in the driver settings and give it a try with them forced to off - or on.

Video card driver updates can often get you extra speed in 3D accelerated software (like 3Dice), but the latest drivers often still have bugs and its a good idea to watch hardware forums before upgrading a display driver. (they need an accredited list over at nVidia ;))

Enjoy the holidays,

Enzo

See! What? Me worry? Ha! (Enzo's the BOMB!)

If the previous drivers worked better, you can rollback.
Go to control panel, then systems, there find display adapters.
Open its properties, there you will find rollback driver option.
Its the easiest solution if the previous one worked better.

Thanks for the tips, I'll be playing around with the AA settings and so forth and see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to try out various older drivers (mine are the newest) and see if that fixes the problem.

If the previous drivers worked better, you can rollback.
Go to control panel, then systems, there find display adapters.
Open its properties, there you will find rollback driver option.
Its the easiest solution if the previous one worked better.

I know how to rollback drivers, but as I mentioned before, I have reinstalled XP (sp3) since then and don't have that luxury. :) Thanks anyways!

ok, I found drivers that worked. I don't know where my brain is lately, but there were new drivers released last month, which I just now downloaded. :rolleyes:

Version: 195.62
Release date: 11.26.09

I tested these drivers briefly, and from what I could see, it solved all of the issues that I outlined in my OP. If it reverts back, I'll be sure to post here to let everyone know.

For other people having the same problems, here's the download link (XP, English): Link Removed (invalid URL). AFAIK, this set of drivers will work for all nvidia cards.

If you're running a different OS, here's the main download page that will let you choose your OS and whatnot:

ok, I just logged in to play the $15 new year's freebie, and it seems that these new drivers didn't solve the problem, after all.

Even though I had everything set to normal speed, the slots were crazy again. All of the reels would stop at once and the win count up was instantaneous. I tried both speed and visual optimization settings from the client, and neither made any changes to how the slots would spin.

Since this is not an error that reproduces itself every single time you play, it leads me to believe that this problem is in the 3Dice code itself and not an actual driver/hardware issue...

FWIW, my FPS during this session was 45+ at all times.

When I had an nVidia card I tried everything I could come up with for months and finally gave up. The only thing that ever helped was to reboot my computer before playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back