North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the funniest temper tantrums from Mr T. :D

20th May: Despite a still active pandemic, Mr T tweeting: Now that our Country is “Transitioning back to Greatness”, I am considering rescheduling the G-7, on the same or similar date, in Washington, D.C., at the legendary Camp David. The other members are also beginning their COMEBACK. It would be a great sign to all - normalization!
20th May: G7 leaders are invited for the end of June 2020
29th May: Merkel declines the invitation as any normal-thinking head of state would do: "As of today, given the overall pandemic situation, she cannot confirm her personal participation, that is, a trip to Washington."
30th May: "I'm postponing it because I don't feel that as a G7 it properly represents what's going on in the world. It's a very outdated group of countries."

Oh boy, time for a temper tantrum, AKA is known as the 5th-grader defence after being dumped by his first girlfriend: "My girlfriend did not dump me, I let her go because she wasn't my type." :rolleyes: :D

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I can't believe DA is 94. He has been part of my life for so long with his outstanding documentaries, that I don't want to think about him being gone from it forever.

However at 94, the sad reality is that he doesn't have a lot of time left.
samuel l jackson will sign on to anything
expect a 'motherf*cking gazelle being chased by a motherf*cking lion
shit....shit you see that? motherf*cking gazelles, man'

I can't believe DA is 94. He has been part of my life for so long with his outstanding documentaries, that I don't want to think about him being gone from it forever.

However at 94, the sad reality is that he doesn't have a lot of time left.
Yes, sad but true.
I dont want to jinx it, but i doubt he has any more than 60-70 years left in him.

jkjk.gif

Some pathetic butt hurt coming from some people in some of the last few posts just because they got blocked lol.. cheers for ther laughs.
just...dropping this here, whistles, walks away

View attachment 132925
I really, really wish there was a "WHAT THE FUCK" reaction button.

Both of these posts - in one case the poster and the content, in the other just the content - are prime candidates.

Regarding the violence currently being perpetrated against at least 25 cities in the USA, I have a feeling I am going against popular opinion on this thread.

As far as I am concerned, what is happening is indefensible violent rioting, bordering on anarchy, and has nothing to do with George Floyd's terrible death, and I agree whole-heartedly with all the following quotes.

LA Mayor Eric Garnett: “This is no longer a protest. This is vandalism ... this is destruction.”

Minneapolis Mayor Tim Walz: "Our great cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul are under assault by people who do not share our values, who do not value life and the work that went into this and are certainly not here to honor George Floyd."

Joe Biden: "Protesting such brutality is right and necessary. It's an utterly American response, but burning down communities and needless destruction is not. The act of protesting should never be allowed to overshadow the reason we protest."

An unnamed black protestor, responding to the looting: "Something is wrong with them. It's not being done in George Floyd's name'.

Bill de Blasio: "We hear your desire to see these issues: relationship between police and community, the need for justice, the need for real change in our society. We appreciate and respect all peaceful protests, but it is now time for people to go home."

Regarding the violence currently being perpetrated against at least 25 cities in the USA, I have a feeling I am going against popular opinion on this thread.

As far as I am concerned, what is happening is indefensible violent rioting, bordering on anarchy, and has nothing to do with George Floyd's terrible death, and I agree whole-heartedly with all the following quotes.

LA Mayor Eric Garnett: “This is no longer a protest. This is vandalism ... this is destruction.”

Minneapolis Mayor Tim Walz: "Our great cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul are under assault by people who do not share our values, who do not value life and the work that went into this and are certainly not here to honor George Floyd."

Joe Biden: "Protesting such brutality is right and necessary. It's an utterly American response, but burning down communities and needless destruction is not. The act of protesting should never be allowed to overshadow the reason we protest."

An unnamed black protestor, responding to the looting: "Something is wrong with them. It's not being done in George Floyd's name'.

Bill de Blasio: "We hear your desire to see these issues: relationship between police and community, the need for justice, the need for real change in our society. We appreciate and respect all peaceful protests, but it is now time for people to go home."

I so agree. Surely they are actually dishonouring his memory. He would not have wanted this in anyway shape or form .

This is another iconic personality I grew up with just like with David's nature videos.

He just turned 90!

View attachment 132955
I loved Clint Eastwood in the spaghetti westerns and the Harry Callahan series. Saw The Mule a few months ago and thought that was great as well.

Trouble with him being 90 is that I am growing old alongside him, although not that age yet. Can't believe where the time has gone since the 70's/80's.

With all my favourite people hitting 90, I had better start investing in a good Care Home as it will be my turn soon.

Whilst I fully agree with your statement and said in a few posts here on CM that "violence only leads to more violence", I would like to hear what else you would suggest that they do. It is not like the countless peaceful protests over the last decades have brought any change whatsoever.

How much longer can or should people suppress their anger? What would be in your opinion an acceptable tilt-point? 10 people of colour killed by the police in one day, 100, 1,000?

Being told time and again to stay peaceful and being promised that change will come without anything materializing ever has been the mantra across the entire US (and some other countries) for a very long time. So who are we to tell these people that they should behave as we would like it to be or see fit? :confused:

Last edited:
I loved Clint Eastwood in the spaghetti westerns and the Harry Callahan series. Saw The Mule a few months ago and thought that was great as well.

Trouble with him being 90 is that I am growing old alongside him, although not that age yet. Can't believe where the time has gone since the 70's/80's.

With all my favourite people hitting 90, I had better start investing in a good Care Home as it will be my turn soon.

Not counting the Western movies which I watched probably more than a dozen times, I like Gran Torino most.

Whilst I fully agree with your statement and said in a few posts here on CM that "violence only leads to more violence", I would like to hear what else you would suggest that they do. It is not like the countless peaceful protests over the last decades have brought any change whatsoever.

How much longer can or should people suppress their anger? What would be in your opinion an acceptable tilt-point? 10 people of colour killed by the police in one day, 100, 1,000?

Being told time and again to stay peaceful and promised that change will come without anything materializing ever has been the mantra across the entire US (and some other countries) for a very long time. So who are we to tell these people that they should behave as we would like it to be or see fit? :confused:
I disagree with the sentiment expressed in the bolded sentence as it could be read as advocating that People of Colour should be exempt from certain laws of the land. What we should expect is for them to respect the boundaries of law and order during their protest, otherwise we could be heading towards a situation where we only obey the laws that we like, and discount all others.

However, I agree wholeheartedly that violence against People of Colour never seems to cease, whether by law enforcement, or by ordinary citizens who appear to dislike and distrust them purely because of the colour of their skin, and has been an ongoing, unresolveable issue for decades.

Trump's America is possibly one of the worst places in the world to be at the moment, due to his tacit support of overt racism. However, an article in The Spectator USA states:

"Political scientist Daniel Hopkins had been led to expect (that racism has increased), through an extensive reading of recent literature in social sciences which supports the notion that racist attitudes lie dormant inside many people, waiting to be triggered by certain events – of which the election of Donald Trump might be one.

Yet the study found exactly the opposite. Americans...have actually become less inclined to express racist opinions since Donald Trump was elected."

In other words, Hopkins believes the study provides evidence that the racially incendiary rhetoric and policies issuing from Trump’s White House have pushed the majority of Americans in the opposite direction.

I must admit, his conclusions surprised the hell out of me as I was expecting the opposite, so what would be interesting to know is how Hopkins can explain what has been happening throughout the USA since Trump's election with all the BBQ Beckies, Permit Patties, Cornerstone Carolines and their peers, along with state-sanctioned murder?

What I personally believe is that "racist attitudes lie dormant inside many people, waiting to be triggered by certain events – of which the election of Donald Trump might be one", and since his election, people have become more emboldened and dangerous in both their thoughts and actions regarding People of Colour.

How to address the injustices that People of Colour have been going through for decades in the USA would be to start with the eradication of "institutionalised racism' from Law Enforcement agencies so there are no more cases such as George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery and yes, also Justine Ruszczyk Damond.

However, how to change the inherent racism of ordinary citizens is something I have no answer to. All I can do is to post Nike's response to George Floyd's murder and hope that for once, people of all colour and creeds start to really listen. And believe.

“For once, just don’t do it. Don’t pretend there’s not a problem in America. Don’t turn your back on racism. Don’t accept innocent lives being taken from us. Don’t make any more excuses. Don’t think this doesn’t affect you. Don’t sit back and be silent. Don’t think you can’t be part of the change. Let’s all be part of the change.”

Being told time and again to stay peaceful and being promised that change will come without anything materializing ever has been the mantra across the entire US (and some other countries) for a very long time. So who are we to tell these people that they should behave as we would like it to be or see fit? :confused:
I disagree with the sentiment expressed in the bolded sentence as it could be read as advocating that People of Colour should be exempt from certain laws of the land. What we should expect is for them to respect the boundaries of law and order during their protest, otherwise we could be heading towards a situation where we only obey the laws that we like, and discount all others.

However, I agree wholeheartedly that violence against People of Colour never seems to cease, whether by law enforcement, or by ordinary citizens who appear to dislike and distrust them purely because of the colour of their skin, and has been an ongoing, unresolveable issue for decades.

Trump's America is possibly one of the worst places in the world to be at the moment, due to his tacit support of overt racism. However, an article in The Spectator USA states:

"Political scientist Daniel Hopkins had been led to expect (that racism has increased), through an extensive reading of recent literature in social sciences which supports the notion that racist attitudes lie dormant inside many people, waiting to be triggered by certain events – of which the election of Donald Trump might be one.

Yet the study found exactly the opposite. Americans...have actually become less inclined to express racist opinions since Donald Trump was elected."

In other words, Hopkins believes the study provides evidence that the racially incendiary rhetoric and policies issuing from Trump’s White House have pushed the majority of Americans in the opposite direction.

I must admit, his conclusions surprised the hell out of me as I was expecting the opposite, so what would be interesting to know is how Hopkins can explain what has been happening throughout the USA since Trump's election with all the BBQ Beckies, Permit Patties, Cornerstone Carolines and their peers, along with state-sanctioned murder?

What I personally believe is that "racist attitudes lie dormant inside many people, waiting to be triggered by certain events – of which the election of Donald Trump might be one", and since his election, people have become more emboldened and dangerous in both their thoughts and actions regarding People of Colour.

How to address the injustices that People of Colour have been going through for decades in the USA would be to start with the eradication of "institutionalised racism' from Law Enforcement agencies so there are no more cases such as George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery and yes, also Justine Ruszczyk Damond.

However, how to change the inherent racism of ordinary citizens is something I have no answer to. All I can do is to post Nike's response to George Floyd's murder and hope that for once, people of all colour and creeds start to really listen. And believe.

“For once, just don’t do it. Don’t pretend there’s not a problem in America. Don’t turn your back on racism. Don’t accept innocent lives being taken from us. Don’t make any more excuses. Don’t think this doesn’t affect you. Don’t sit back and be silent. Don’t think you can’t be part of the change. Let’s all be part of the change.”

"A riot is the language of the unheard."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back