North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can anyone come to his defence when just less then two weeks ago he said we would have zero infections.

We are now leading the world. Yeah us. Making America great again.
Maybe he knows something that you don't? Like how Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the UK colluded with the Obama Administration and the DNC- using backdoor access to FVYE to spy on Trump & co, in an attempt to alter the outcome of a US election. MY election.

Maybe he knows something that you don't? Like how Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the UK colluded with the Obama Administration and the DNC- using backdoor access to FVYE to spy on Trump & co, in an attempt to alter the outcome of a US election. MY election.

Is this some QAnon stuff again or what?

Is this some QAnon stuff again or what?
Trying to get lined up for the kill shot, are ya? I still follow Q, but my participation slowed down after an incident when Q directed Anons to a video of Hillary Clinton. She had made a joke about black people looking all the same. It was meant to frame her in a racist light, but it was clearly a case of Hillary injecting humor into an awkward situation. I don't approve of mob tactics.

Edited to add:
Donald John Trump's initials in Gematria = 4-10-20. April 10th 2020 I don't know about any of you but I plan to gather my family close to me and brace myself for a huge storm . Or maybe the parade that @POTUS PROMISED us a couple years ago.

Last edited:
Trump on Hannity on Fox News today:

"I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go to major hospitals, sometimes they have 2 ventilators." -- Trump suggests Cuomo is exaggerating about the medical gear he needs to keep people alive.

&

President Trump just claimed on Hannity that governors are asking for medical equipment (ie masks and ventilators) and other resources to fight the coronavirus that they don’t need.

“A lot of equipment is being asked for that I don’t think they will need,” Trump said.

Guess he is a medical supply expert now. Yet he's not calling it a hoax... :what:

Edited to add:
Donald John Trump's initials in Gematria = 4-10-20. April 10th 2020 I don't know about any of you but I plan to gather my family close to me and brace myself for a huge storm . Or maybe the parade that @POTUS PROMISED us a couple years ago.

Say what? :what:

For us mere mortals in Europe 4-10-20 is October the 4th. I'll wait until then ;)

While 'slotplayer' deserves the CM award for the Joke of the Year 2020 (as stated earlier in this thread), you deserve the award for the Faceplant of the Decade, the biggliest ever. :rolleyes: :D

The length you go to defend your Dear Leader is just mindboggling.

Last edited:
Trump on Hannity on Fox News today:

"I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go to major hospitals, sometimes they have 2 ventilators." -- Trump suggests Cuomo is exaggerating about the medical gear he needs to keep people alive.

&

President Trump just claimed on Hannity that governors are asking for medical equipment (ie masks and ventilators) and other resources to fight the coronavirus that they don’t need.

“A lot of equipment is being asked for that I don’t think they will need,” Trump said.

Guess he is a medical supply expert now. Yet he's not calling it a hoax... :what:

A simple look at the trajectories of other countries and regions tells you that Mr T lives in fantasy cuckooland, together with all his sycophants and cult followers. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I guess the Messiah is almighty for some. :D

1585290101740.png

Your quote is literally the definition of cognitive dissonance. :thumbsup:

Cognitive dissonance occurs when new information that conflicts with someone’s deeply held beliefs causes that person to feel mental discomfort. People will go to great lengths to alleviate this discomfort by downplaying or distorting the facts or simply filling the void with false information like conspiracy theories.

It is prevalent in people who believe sweeping false narratives based upon incomplete information. @Kelly Jo here seems to prefer conspiracy theories to resolve this inconsistency.

Examples of reality clashing with doctrine: Ron Paul
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
and then a week later his son Rand Paul, a US senator, was diagnosed with Exactly that, Covid-19. Or a conservative couple declaring the Coronavirus crisis is fake news perpetrated by Liberal media while, at the same time, cancelling their Alaskan cruise out of “an abundance of caution.”

In these times of political polarization where people completely believe their political party’s propaganda that is consistent with their world view — but inconsistent with the facts — cognitive dissonance is a widespread affliction.

Last edited:
A simple look at the trajectories of other countries and regions tells you that Mr T lives in fantasy cuckooland, together with all his sycophants and cult followers. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I guess the Messiah is almighty for some. :D

View attachment 126278

It does seem Europe starts to flatten a bit. But while Italy is getting slightly better Spain is now getting the worst of it. Let's hope all these measures and lockdowns start to pay off soon.

While 'slotplayer' deserves the CM award for the Joke of the Year 2020 (as stated earlier in this thread), you deserve the award for the Faceplant of the Decade, the biggliest ever. :rolleyes: :D

Harry are you sure none of my posts in this thread don't deserve that, perhaps at least the runner up prize :p

Your quote is literally the definition of cognitive dissonance. :thumbsup:

Cognitive dissonance occurs when new information that conflicts with someone’s deeply held beliefs causes that person to feel mental discomfort. People will go to great lengths to alleviate this discomfort by downplaying or distorting the facts or simply filling the void with false information like conspiracy theories.

It is prevalent in people who believe sweeping false narratives based upon incomplete information. @Kelly Jo here seems to prefer conspiracy theories to resolve this inconsistency.

Examples of reality clashing with doctrine: Ron Paul
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
and then a week later his son Rand Paul, a US senator, was diagnosed with Exactly that, Covid-19. Or a conservative couple declaring the Coronavirus crisis is fake news perpetrated by Liberal media while, at the same time, cancelling their Alaskan cruise out of “an abundance of caution.”

In these times of political polarization where people completely believe their political party’s propaganda that is consistent with their world view — but inconsistent with the facts — cognitive dissonance is a widespread affliction.

The best current example are the conspiracy theories emerging now in right-wing fringe and mainstream media around Dr Fauci.

He is suddenly a deep-state operative, a Clinton lover and god knows what else, out to get Mr T, simply because the experienced scientist contradicted their idol a few times (rightly so, I might add) and pushed back on some of the lies Mr T was spouting.

Lou Dobbs the other day: "Potus was right, and frankly Dr Fauci was wrong." when talking about the wonderdrug chloroquine Mr T peddled as the game-changer without proof.

You simply can't make this stuff up. You are either a cult member or the enemy. Madness. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That is an interesting article by Ron you have linked to Shadyfei, so I'm going to copy and paste it here as it's a bit more nuanced than simply the virus is a hoax.

I am worried about catching this virus, agree with many of the lockdown measures, but am still able to take onboard a different viewpoint, other commentators/articles have mentioned in passing that life won't return exactly as we knew it before, there will be some long term ramifications, I don't know about that but it's something to keep an eye out for if you have libertarian views:

'Governments love crises because when the people are fearful they are more willing to give up freedoms for promises that the government will take care of them. After 9/11, for example, Americans accepted the near-total destruction of their civil liberties in the PATRIOT Act’s hollow promises of security.

It is ironic to see the same Democrats who tried to impeach President Trump last month for abuse of power demanding that the Administration grab more power and authority in the name of fighting a virus that thus far has killed less than 100 Americans.

Declaring a pandemic emergency on Friday, President Trump now claims the power to quarantine individuals suspected of being infected by the virus and, as Politico writes, “stop and seize any plane, train or automobile to stymie the spread of contagious disease.” He can even call out the military to cordon off a US city or state.

State and local authoritarians love panic as well. The mayor of Champaign, Illinois, signed an executive order declaring the power to ban the sale of guns and alcohol and cut off gas, water, or electricity to any citizen. The governor of Ohio just essentially closed his entire state.

The chief fearmonger of the Trump Administration is without a doubt Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health. Fauci is all over the media, serving up outright falsehoods to stir up even more panic. He testified to Congress that the death rate for the coronavirus is ten times that of the seasonal flu, a claim without any scientific basis.

On Face the Nation, Fauci did his best to further damage an already tanking economy by stating, “Right now, personally, myself, I wouldn’t go to a restaurant.” He has pushed for closing the entire country down for 14 days.

Over what? A virus that has thus far killed just over 5,000 worldwide and less than 100 in the United States? By contrast, tuberculosis, an old disease not much discussed these days, killed nearly 1.6 million people in 2017. Where’s the panic over this?

If anything, what people like Fauci and the other fearmongers are demanding will likely make the disease worse. The martial law they dream about will leave people hunkered down inside their homes instead of going outdoors or to the beach where the sunshine and fresh air would help boost immunity. The panic produced by these fearmongers is likely helping spread the disease, as massive crowds rush into Walmart and Costco for that last roll of toilet paper.

The madness over the coronavirus is not limited to politicians and the medical community. The head of the neoconservative Atlantic Council wrote an editorial this week urging NATO to pass an Article 5 declaration of war against the COVID-19 virus! Are they going to send in tanks and drones to wipe out these microscopic enemies?

People should ask themselves whether this coronavirus “pandemic” could be a big hoax, with the actual danger of the disease massively exaggerated by those who seek to profit – financially or politically – from the ensuing panic.

That is not to say the disease is harmless. Without question people will die from coronavirus. Those in vulnerable categories should take precautions to limit their risk of exposure. But we have seen this movie before. Government over-hypes a threat as an excuse to grab more of our freedoms. When the “threat” is over, however, they never give us our freedoms back.'

-------------

If our future has a dystopian destiny, for want of a better phrase, pandemics and lockdowns would be a part of that. If the major govts worldwide introduce new draconian laws on the back of this virus just as they did after 9-11, then this could be another step in the direction of a more totalitarian kind of society. I hope not but it's something to look out for in the virus aftermath.

I disagree here with Trump, even if too many masks or ventilators are ordered/purchased, they won't go to waste, masks are always needed in healthcare and old ventilators need replacing at some point I'd have thought.

He also spends enough money trying to keep a stock market bubble going and in the 2017 tax cuts for firms/billionaires. So spending money has never been a problem before.

Edited to add:

I gotta hand it to you, those are some Outdated URL (timeout) connections you’ve made there. Let’s see if I can add to it.

April 10th, 2020 is a Friday - Good Friday in fact. And what is Good Friday or “God’s Friday?” Why it’s the day to honour Jesus’s suffering for our sins. The son of God was beaten, flogged, forced to carry the cross through crowds and then crucified. Everyone knows the story. You see where I’m going here.

What could that mean in relation to Individual1 himself? I’ll let you work that out. But the phrases 25th amendment and non compos mentis come to mind.

But hey, I’m no expert at this stuff. You’re smart to have a plan and hunker down that day. Good thinking. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
First of all I don't know squat about politics. I can speak from personal experience though and being afraid of what's going on. I am not anti Trump or for Trump just want to relay my experience. I think the response from Government is slow and very much in need of an overhaul. I have been under unimaginable stress lately. I went to see my mom and even though I have an immune disease I was told they couldn't spare a mask or gloves. On that subject I called my cardiologist and rhumetologist to try to get a Coronavirus test but couldn't. I have had horrible chest pain and shortness of breath. No other symptoms thank goodness. It might be stress but who knows. I was told not to come into the doctors office because I have the shortness of breath. I can't get my plaquniel from any pharmacy and I need it to fight my autoimmune illness .I can't even get toilet paper right now or washing powder. Do I blame Trump ? No but I do want things to pick up on response's because this is frightening. On the Democrat and Republican part they need to come together and stop playing politics. Right now I could care less about any of it. Help is what's needed.... bottom line.

Steviedoo didn't misunderstand you. Steviedoo is on your side. He responded to slotplayer. He is as anti Trump as they come. How did this happen?

*looks around
Seriously? No one else saw this?

It is plain to see, that the topics folks rant about in here literally mean nothing. This thread & President Trump simply serve as an outlet for frustrations.

Nah, he responded to me.
You need to *look around a bit better
1585305227767.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back