North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
"
Statistical factors
Unlike the majority of countries in Europe, crime data in Sweden are collected when the offence in question is first reported, at which point the classification may be unclear. In Sweden, once an act has been registered as rape, it retains this classification in the published crime statistics, even if later investigations indicate that no crime can be proven or if the offence must be given an alternative judicial classification.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Sweden also applies a system of expansive offence counts. Other countries may employ more restrictive methods of counting. The Swedish police registers one offence for each person raped, and if one and the same person has been raped on a number of occasions, one offence is counted for each occasion that can be specified. For example, if a woman says she has been raped by her husband every day during a month, the Swedish police may record more than 30 cases of rape. In many other countries only a single offence would be counted in such a situation.

In Sweden, crime statistics refer to the year when the offence was reported; the actual offence may have been committed long before. Swedish rape statistics can thus contain significant time-lag, which makes interpretations of annual changes difficult.

"

Migrants and Crime in Sweden in the Twenty-First Century

In 2005, the Swedish Crime Prevention Agency published a report about the link between immigration and crime. Since then, no comprehensive study has been conducted even though Sweden has experienced a large influx of migrants in combination with a rising crime rate.

This study conducted by Göran Adamson and Tino Sanandaji is the first purely descriptive scientific investigation on the matter in fifteen years. The investigation (from 2002 to 2017) covers seven distinct categories of crime, and distinguishes between seven regions of origin.

Based on 33 per cent of the population [< :confused:] (2017), 58 per cent of those suspect for total crime on reasonable grounds are migrants. Regarding murder, manslaughter and attempted murder, the figures are 73 per cent, while the proportion of robbery is 70 per cent. Non-registered migrants are linked to about 13 per cent of total crime. Given the fact that this group is small, crime propensity among non-registered migrants is significant.

This poor man, David Dorn, was murdered by some scumbag rioters/looters, but not much outrage from BLM or the liberal media, can't even see it mentioned on BLM's twitter feed.

View attachment 133332

You know there are other people who have died during the protests too? Why pick this one? 'cause he's black and a police and suits your propaganda purposes?

@mack341 Want to guess which one kills more people...Far-left (Antifa+others) or Far-right? Since your favorite news site really wants to show how terrible these Antifa people are. Such terrorists! Am I right?

These are the same people who were protesting Covid lockdowns in Michigan I believe. Hawaiian shirts+assault rifles. And Trump told to negotiate with these people...to make a deal with them. While you and Fox are concentrating on Antifa that has killed 0 people, there are these lunatics that you keep ignoring. And they want a civil war. Don't you think your priorities are misguided?

Last edited by a moderator:
changes that are needed and why protests will continue, until it changes...

View attachment 133336
View attachment 133337

I wouldn't object to most of them, ban shooting at moving vehicles seems odd if a criminal is fleeing a scene in a car and the police want to shoot out the tyres, the warning before shooting is not always possible in police raids where they suspect the person(s) are armed and dangerous and it's a split second reaction but in general situations where there is clearly time I agree with that. I think Joe Biden said something about aiming at the leg not the heart area. If the criminal is armed, and can shoot back though, how would that work.

Now where are the proposals to stop the crime happening on the scale that it is?

Also protesters are now shouting defund the police, how would they carry out their duties with no income from the Govt. Typical of the far left, they refuse to accept the reality of life, and the dangerous criminals out there. I think the ex new york police chief mentioned on tucker's show, that 85 police offices died in the line of duty last year, again no outrage or campaign about this from the liberal media :rolleyes:

You know there are other people who have died during the protests too? Why pick this one? 'cause he's black and a police and suits your propaganda purposes?

well you've not mentioned any have you? It just goes to show the blm tagline and media coverage and focus on topics is selective and politically driven. It's interesting when you watch the old clips of the 92 riots, how the media covered those riots, they didn't seem to fawn and emote like they are doing now.

I see you resorted to rage-posting mack! View attachment 133357

Let Tucker tuck into bed tonight and Ingraham sing a song while Hannity plays the tiny fiddle. You'll be back in cuckoo fantasy land in no time! :D

Don't be daft;

Tucker's too busy counting the 20 million he has with one hand and fist bumping the middle classes with the other

I wouldn't object to most of them, ban shooting at moving vehicles seems odd if a criminal is fleeing a scene in a car and the police want to shoot out the tyres, the warning before shooting is not always possible in police raids where they suspect the person(s) are armed and dangerous and it's a split second reaction but in general situations where there is clearly time I agree with that. I think Joe Biden said something about aiming at the leg not the heart area. If the criminal is armed, and can shoot back though, how would that work.

Now where are the proposals to stop the crime happening on the scale that it is?

you mean like when They killed that innocent lady breonna Taylor. She was sleeping peacefully and they shot her up ....don’t know how many times....and she was innocent , the real suspect was already in custody when they carried out the raid....her boyfriend is now in custody cuz he went for his gun to defend themselves. He’s still in custody. This is why they are still protesting.

as for aiming at the leg, the armed suspect will drop the gun cuz he’s been shot in the leg....

Also protesters are now shouting defund the police, how would they carry out their duties with no income from the Govt. Typical of the far left, they refuse to accept the reality of life, and the dangerous criminals out there. I think the ex new york police chief mentioned on tucker's show, that 85 police offices died in the line of duty last year, again no outrage or campaign about this from the liberal media :rolleyes:

they don’t mean no income. put some of the money into other resources.

The concept is simple: When cities start investing in community services, they reduce the need to call police in instances when police officers’ specific skill set isn’t required. “If someone is dealing with a mental health crisis, or someone has a substance abuse disorder, we are calling other entities that are better equipped to help these folks,” Garcia says.

When people get the specific help they need earlier, they’re less likely to end up in the kind of dangerous situation police might be called to diffuse — situations that often turn deadly for those individuals. According to
, a person with an untreated mental health issue is 16 times more likely to be killed by police than other members of the community — a statistic borne out in the deaths of Antonio Zambrano-Montes, reported “
” before he was shot in Pasco, California, and Jason Harris, said to have been “
” before he was shot in Riverside County, California.

Police themselves will admit this — that they are being called to respond to situations beyond the scope of their job. “We’re asking cops to do too much in this country,”
, after five of his officers were targeted by a mass shooter. “Every societal failure, we put it off on the cops to solve. Not enough mental health funding, let the cops handle it… Here in Dallas we got a loose dog problem; let’s have the cops chase loose dogs. Schools fail, let’s give it to the cops… That’s too much to ask. Policing was never meant to solve all those problems.”

The same logic, Garcia says, can and should be applied to nonviolent crimes as well — as it was before the “Broken Windows” era of policing, when the philosophy that small visible crimes must be punished or they’ll beget larger crimes became popular in police departments around the country.

———-

in the contemporary United States, “the punitive impulse [the police] embody saturates nearly every facet of American life,” where officers “take the place of social workers and emergency medical personnel and welfare caseworkers, and when they kill, we let them replace judges and juries, too.”

Last edited:
well you've not mentioned any have you? It just goes to show the blm tagline and media coverage and focus on topics is selective and politically driven. It's interesting when you watch the old clips of the 92 riots, how the media covered those riots, they didn't seem to fawn and emote like they are doing now.

I’ll give you this one...the media is choosing the narrative to tell....they like their coverage and investigation of then candidate Trump are failing this movement....they are only showing the violence.....if you look at twitter for every violent march there is at least 8 that have been peaceful in all cities across the country....

the media have not done their job...

How many police died in the UK last year in the line of duty? I guess not many.
In the US they give weapons to everyone, but republicans don't want to do anything about it, making it much more dangerous for the police too. Trump even made it easier for mentally ill people to get guns. Where's your outrage for making streets unsafe? What are you solutions to make things better?
Republicans and white people in general don't want to do anything about police brutality...making people (especially black people) to distrust the police. They constantly let the violent police off the hook.

"Family members of other police shooting victims gave speeches, including Kimberly Handy-Jones, a mother
to St. Paul police in 2017, and Don Amorosi
to Carver County deputies last summer. Activists held up signs for other local victims of police shootings, like Tycel Nelson
in Minneapolis in 1990, and Philip Quinn,
by a St. Paul police officer in 2015.

Noor’s conviction marks the first guilty verdict for a fatal shooting by an on-duty cop in Minnesota in decades — something that brings both relief to advocates who seek greater accountability for police shootings but also anguish, as residents wrestle with the racial realities of the conviction. Meanwhile, in recent police killings of unarmed black men in the Twin Cities, white cops involved were either
or
. According
, Noor’s case marks the first conviction out of 179 police-involved deaths in Minnesota since 2000."

The only conviction came against the black police when he killed a white women. All the white cops were not convicted.
No outrage from you of course. You're no different from Tucker. You hate liberals so much that you're willing to ignore facts or you just distort them.

@mack341 Want to guess which one kills more people...Far-left (Antifa+others) or Far-right? Since your favorite news site really wants to show how terrible these Antifa people are. Such terrorists! Am I right?

These are the same people who were protesting Covid lockdowns in Michigan I believe. Hawaiian shirts+assault rifles. And Trump told to negotiate with these people...to make a deal with them. While you and Fox are concentrating on Antifa that has killed 0 people, there are these lunatics that you keep ignoring. And they want a civil war. Don't you think your priorities are misguided?

I haven't heard about this 'boogaloo' movement, but I don't think that story relates to these current protests/riots. Libertarians and conservative people on the right generally want small government, low taxes and political freedoms etc..

From the text below, taken from your link, it sounds like boogaloo share some of antifa's long term goals:

Federal prosecutors say the men planned to sow discord at protests in Nevada in early April. They first assembled at a rally to reopen the US economy in Las Vegas, where, according to the filing, one of the men said the group "was not for joking around and that it was for people who wanted to violently overthrow the United States government."

-------------

antifa's ideology from wiki:

Individuals involved in the movement tend to hold anti-capitalist and anti-government views, and subscribe to a range of left-wing ideologies.

Antifa activists reject anti-fascist conservatives as well as liberals. The movement eschews mainstream liberal democracy and electoral politics in favor of direct action. ^

--------------

And Just a simple question into google "antifa how many" brings up no relevant pages. The internet is becoming crap for any research, if the msm haven't covered it then it's not there. [maybe I'll use duck duck more, try to get away from google]
Must run into the thousands of 'members' but no one seems to know or have even asked the question.

Last edited:
I haven't heard about this 'boogaloo' movement, but I don't think that story relates to these current protests/riots. Libertarians and conservative people on the right generally want small government, low taxes and political freedoms etc..

From the text below, taken from your link, it sounds like boogaloo share some of antifa's long term goals:

Federal prosecutors say the men planned to sow discord at protests in Nevada in early April. They first assembled at a rally to reopen the US economy in Las Vegas, where, according to the filing, one of the men said the group "was not for joking around and that it was for people who wanted to violently overthrow the United States government."

antifa's ideology from wiki:

Individuals involved in the movement tend to hold anti-capitalist and anti-government views, and subscribe to a range of left-wing ideologies.

Antifa activists reject anti-fascist conservatives as well as liberals The movement eschews mainstream liberal democracy and electoral politics in favor of direct action. ^

--------------

And Just a simple question into google "antifa how many" brings up no relevant pages. The internet is becoming crap for any research, if the msm haven't covered it then it's not there. [maybe I'll use duck duck more, try to get away from google]
Must run into the thousands of 'members' but no one seems to know or have even asked the question.

I'd like to get your answer for possible solutions for police brutality or making streets safer or making police's job safer. All I hear from right-wing is Antifa this, Antifa that, no suggestions for any solutions. It's right-wing's scapegoat.

How many police died in the UK last year in the line of duty? I guess not many.
In the US they give weapons to everyone, but republicans don't want to do anything about it, making it much more dangerous for the police too. Trump even made it easier for mentally ill people to get guns. Where's your outrage for making streets unsafe? What are you solutions to make things better?
Republicans and white people in general don't want to do anything about police brutality...making people (especially black people) to distrust the police. They constantly let the violent police off the hook.

"Family members of other police shooting victims gave speeches, including Kimberly Handy-Jones, a mother
to St. Paul police in 2017, and Don Amorosi
to Carver County deputies last summer. Activists held up signs for other local victims of police shootings, like Tycel Nelson
in Minneapolis in 1990, and Philip Quinn,
by a St. Paul police officer in 2015.

Noor’s conviction marks the first guilty verdict for a fatal shooting by an on-duty cop in Minnesota in decades — something that brings both relief to advocates who seek greater accountability for police shootings but also anguish, as residents wrestle with the racial realities of the conviction. Meanwhile, in recent police killings of unarmed black men in the Twin Cities, white cops involved were either
or
. According
, Noor’s case marks the first conviction out of 179 police-involved deaths in Minnesota since 2000."

The only conviction came against the black police when he killed a white women. All the white cops were not convicted.
No outrage from you of course. You're no different from Tucker. You hate liberals so much that you're willing to ignore facts or you just distort them.

I don't know those cases, I'm not sat here with a bank of tv and computer screens following every piece of news involving the police in america. I'm sure there are elements of authorities/courts protecting police officers, there are more white officers too so you have to factor that into any stats.

It all relates back to the high crime, that's what is at the root of everything, add on top of that some bad apples in the police force and bad training/covering up, and you have the situation. Sure address those 'police issue' things strongly, but you are still going to have the crime. Most normal people want both to be gone, so the focus needs to be on both.

I don't know those cases, I'm not sat here with a bank of tv and computer screens following every piece of news involving the police in america. I'm sure there are elements of authorities/courts protecting police officers, there are more white officers too so you have to factor that into any stats.

It all relates back to the high crime, that's what is at the root of everything, add on top of that some bad apples in the police force and bad training/covering up, and you have the situation. Sure address those 'police issue' things strongly, but you are still going to have the crime. Most normal people want both to be gone, so the focus needs to be on both.

You tend to have higher crime rate in those poor neighbourhoods and republicans/Trump don't care about the poor people. Trump and republicans are just making the difference bigger and bigger all the time. That's the major flaw of the right-wing. You don't care about the people. You care about the money.
Once you start taking care of the people, you make them happier ---> less crime.
But your focus is bigger military, tougher policing and not a single thing to make people's lives better.

So simple question for you...which party is better for the 99% of the population? Democrats or republicans?

they don’t mean no income. put some of the money into other resources.

The concept is simple: When cities start investing in community services, they reduce the need to call police in instances when police officers’ specific skill set isn’t required. “If someone is dealing with a mental health crisis, or someone has a substance abuse disorder, we are calling other entities that are better equipped to help these folks,” Garcia says.

When people get the specific help they need earlier, they’re less likely to end up in the kind of dangerous situation police might be called to diffuse — situations that often turn deadly for those individuals. According to
, a person with an untreated mental health issue is 16 times more likely to be killed by police than other members of the community — a statistic borne out in the deaths of Antonio Zambrano-Montes, reported “
” before he was shot in Pasco, California, and Jason Harris, said to have been “
” before he was shot in Riverside County, California.

Police themselves will admit this — that they are being called to respond to situations beyond the scope of their job. “We’re asking cops to do too much in this country,”
, after five of his officers were targeted by a mass shooter. “Every societal failure, we put it off on the cops to solve. Not enough mental health funding, let the cops handle it… Here in Dallas we got a loose dog problem; let’s have the cops chase loose dogs. Schools fail, let’s give it to the cops… That’s too much to ask. Policing was never meant to solve all those problems.”

The same logic, Garcia says, can and should be applied to nonviolent crimes as well — as it was before the “Broken Windows” era of policing, when the philosophy that small visible crimes must be punished or they’ll beget larger crimes became popular in police departments around the country.

———-

in the contemporary United States, “the punitive impulse [the police] embody saturates nearly every facet of American life,” where officers “take the place of social workers and emergency medical personnel and welfare caseworkers, and when they kill, we let them replace judges and juries, too.”

I tend to agree the cops do seem to be called in every instance, but maybe that is because of the inherent risk of escalation and violence in most situations.

Why are all these social problems occuring in the first place, far more now than the olden days. Drugs seems to be a big driver, often somewhere involved.

Our Pm blair had a good phrase 'tough on crime; tough on the causes of crime'; unfortunately only a soundbite to get votes.

You tend to have higher crime rate in those poor neighbourhoods and republicans/Trump don't care about the poor people. Trump and republicans are just making the difference bigger and bigger all the time. That's the major flaw of the right-wing. You don't care about the people. You care about the money.
Once you start taking care of the people, you make them happier ---> less crime.
But your focus is bigger military, tougher policing and not a single thing to make people's lives better.

So simple question for you...which party is better for the 99% of the population? Democrats or republicans?

I know what you are saying, and that's how the scandinavian countries have been successful. But you have to acknowledge democrats are in power in many states, most of those with the worse riots actually, so something is going wrong. Liberals [democrats] keep wanting to blame republicans but maybe their ideas and standards aren't serving their communities very well.

I've watched travel programmes, youtube videos and bits showing the USA, and it looks very orderly and prosperous, but there is a dysfunctional element causing a lot of crime and misery. But with 330 million people maybe this will the best it will ever be, and all talk will just result in sticking plaster reforms within the political cycle.

I know what you are saying, and that's how the scandinavian countries have been successful. But you have to acknowledge democrats are in power in many states, most of those with the worse riots actually, so something is going wrong. Liberals [democrats] keep wanting to blame republicans but maybe their ideas and standards aren't serving their communities very well.

I've watched travel programmes, youtube videos and bits showing the USA, and it looks very orderly and prosperous, but there is a dysfunctional element causing a lot of crime and misery. But with 330 million people maybe this will the best it will ever be, and all talk will just result in sticking plaster reforms within the political cycle.

Since you or republicans have no solutions then the only hope are the democrats.

I'd like to get your answer for possible solutions for police brutality or making streets safer or making police's job safer. All I hear from right-wing is Antifa this, Antifa that, no suggestions for any solutions. It's right-wing's scapegoat.

Well you've got to start with education, training programmes. I know I mention him a fair bit, but TC was saying a lot of this relates to economic issues. Which in a funny way is what antifa are also about, but it's the degree and practicality of change.

It's a poison chalice being the president, with the growing govt debt, just bailing out a slowly sinking ship in many regards. I think the issues and anger are big, the fed's printing press will have to be working overtime just to maintain the status quo let alone fund solutions.

Some memes are already querying how Joe and pelosi et al have the answers when they've been in positions of power/influence for decades and haven't solved anything much to date, why didn't joe solve things when he was VP for 8 years, it does make you wonder what he will attempt to do differently if he wins the Presidency.

I think it will just be more virtue signalling and sticking plasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back