Nope! I was wrong

jod5413

Is That Better?
Bryan, I think I have run into something different but I could just be doing it wrong?

I have always read the forum by clicking on new posts and as I read one it would disappear, so I would only see the ones I haven't read. I really loved that feature because it gave me a better feel for new posts all over the forum, rather than one forum at a time.

Is it me, or is it gone for life?

Nevermind, found it right where I should have looked!! :oops:

Last edited:
There's the "todays posts feature" which shows new posts - the shield is coloured in for threads you haven't read yet and the b&w is threads you have read (although they don't dissappear).

<---- tangent

Also this seems like a good time to bring up... if you view the forum on a narrow screen (or iphone etc...) the tabs (newsletters, cm news etc..) drop down and obscure the forum links (todays posts, private messages etc...) - shrink your browser window to see what I mean.

------> tangent

Nope, I was wrong again

Nope, I spoke too soon. It still isn't right even on the "What's New" thread. Also, now I changed it to I tried to make it "mark thread" and now it won't let me change it! And, even a thread I posted in at all, shows read with a grey shield.

I am too "not" computer type, need help with small words. Please?? :confused:

Last edited:
My CM toolbar is all screwed up...

oops!.jpg

It was okay for a day and now this...So, I don't have to shrink my window for this to happen :confused:
Also, I have many "shields" which have been marked "read" (black and white), but I've never accessed them (SEO, Poker-something-or -other, etc.). And the sections I have read the shields are in color:confused::confused::confused: I think my computer is PMsing...

View attachment 26677

It was okay for a day and now this...So, I don't have to shrink my window for this to happen :confused:
Also, I have many "shields" which have been marked "read" (black and white), but I've never accessed them (SEO, Poker-something-or -other, etc.). And the sections I have read the shields are in color:confused::confused::confused: I think my computer is PMsing...

Wow! Me too! It's good to know I am not alone in the "re-learning" of an old favorite!!

LMAO maybe if we turn our puters on their sides, everything will look okay! :D I'm beginning to think my computer has become dyslectic and it's beginning to make me paranoid :eek: And I used to THINK I knew a bit about computers...:p

Whoa... LMAO... stop changing the thread title!!! Hey, is your type size smaller when you edit a post? Freakin' bifocals are making me dizzy:eek2:

View attachment 26677

Thanks for posting that - it's exactly what I was trying to get accross but was too lazy to post a screen :D

LMAO maybe if we turn our puters on their sides, everything will look okay! :D I'm beginning to think my computer has become dyslectic and it's beginning to make me paranoid :eek: And I used to THINK I knew a bit about computers...:p

Whoa... LMAO... stop changing the thread title!!! Hey, is your type size smaller when you edit a post? Freakin' bifocals are making me dizzy:eek2:

Hell, what are ya asking me for? I just try to type on a straight line and really pay attention so I don't shout at people! :p Now, as my back is hurting from turning my computer sideways, I notice that everyone looks fat in this view, oh wait, that's my reflection. Damn it, Woman, see what you did? :D

LMAO jod, try turning it upside down, maybe the reflection will make everything seem normal!:p
We' r e s u p p e d t o t y p e h o w ?

FYI, Bryan is on the road today, might be tomorrow before he can reply here.

Hey guys, if you are having problems with your CM homepage overlapping I'd first suggest increasing your screen resolution. If that doesn't work... Then may God have mercy on us all. :D

LMAO if I increase my screen resolution I'm sure everything would fit right, but then I wouldn't be able to read anything as the print with be too small. :D I'm already having issues trying to read the forum toolbar using my bifocals (it's makin' me freakin' dizzy!) and now you want me to change my resolution LMAO...Maybe I should try turning MY monitor upside down...

Hey jod, I could have/would have suggested trying standing on your head and looking at the screen instead, but if you're anything like me you'd only have a matter of seconds before you A) passed out from too much blood rushing to the brain or, B) fall flat on your face :p

You guys need to buy bigger screens :p

The reason why the buttons go across the screen is because I added five of them. Once I figure out how to make the navigation more intuitive, I'll remove them and you shouldn't have this problem anymore.

As for the forum being dicked up in an iPhone etc., I'll be adding a template that is iPhone friendly (images reduced etc.). Should be pretty cool.

That should all be happening next week when I go into "Phase II" of the forum upgrade. :D

You guys need to buy bigger screens :p

The reason why the buttons go across the screen is because I added five of them. Once I figure out how to make the navigation more intuitive, I'll remove them and you shouldn't have this problem anymore.

As for the forum being dicked up in an iPhone etc., I'll be adding a template that is iPhone friendly (images reduced etc.). Should be pretty cool.

That should all be happening next week when I go into "Phase II" of the forum upgrade. :D

Yikes! A bigger screen? Then I'd have to buy a bigger desk, and a better computer to keep up with the psi of the bigger monitor :D Actually, I'm starting to get used to the overlay. If I cross my eyes just right I have double rows of tools navigation:lolup:

Would Phase II happen to include the background colors (hint, hint)? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back