Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
5 new games reviewed here in lackadaisical style:

Betsoft - Chilipop featuring the worst feature buy in history.
Merkur - Hexen Kessel (or witch's cauldron in Anglo)
Novomatic - Wild Country, the 12,897th clone of Buffalo
Play'n Go - Banana Rock with primates playing guitars annoyingly.
WMS - Spartacus Legendary Warrior, by then I had lost interest.

I need some drugs now, but here's the video:

I will watch this when home.
Thanks Dunover for the heads up.

Expect nothing from Novo as their latest releases are absolutely diabolical. Same as WMS, they have completely lost the plot.
But will have a look anyway, even if it is just to make sure I do not need to play these games. :D

I see we agree on the garbage that has been coming out these days :D

Had a tough time finding four good slots for my weekly newsletter. Had to take Reel Talent, that should say enough how good the other 20odd new slots from this week are. :rolleyes:

Bandida from Leander was for me one of the more interesting ones.

Most of the stuff was though complete garbage. :(

LOL that last slot was already released years ago, WMS just revamped it a bit (sounds and skin)..It used to be a decent slot actually.
From all the slots I actually do like Chili Pop the best, seems to have some potential.

The Novomatic one, OMG!!!! That paytable is horrible given the multipliers you got in the free spins.

Dragon Inferno is an old game Rob was playing this on JG Slots last year .

As you alluded to in your video at the end lol sorry typed it before you mentioned it.

Played Hexen Kessel the other day, went from 2k balance down to $400 on $5 spins in flash time, the witch flew by and finally gave me 9 spins, ended up clearing most of the symbols with a 1200x payout....not too bad but volatile as shit.......my kind of game

Played Hexen Kessel the other day, went from 2k balance down to $400 on $5 spins in flash time, the witch flew by and finally gave me 9 spins, ended up clearing most of the symbols with a 1200x payout....not too bad but volatile as shit.......my kind of game

I like Merkur, most of their games are very volatile but had some great hits on them..:)

I like Merkur, most of their games are very volatile but had some great hits on them..:)

I am down to very few providers, I have no love for the 90% of garbage micro win games these days, I would rather lose the lot in one fell swoop than slow death but have the chance for a decent win.....decent win to me is 300x, large win is 700x plus and mega is 1500x, not the 10x nonsense mega win spin animations

I Look at Games like this and then find myself wondering why BTG have some of the best games. And then I realise it's because so many companies make such garbage.

I Look at Games like this and then find myself wondering why BTG have some of the best games. And then I realize it's because so many companies make such garbage.
BTG which I played almost exclusively are off my radar these days........ BTG.....the worlds greatest mind fuck slots ever designed, exciting to play though for the most part with all that unlimited potential that alludes most of us.

I Look at Games like this and then find myself wondering why BTG have some of the best games. And then I realise it's because so many companies make such garbage.

It's true enough. SG are a big operation and yet all their brands WMS, Bally, Bastardcrest, etc. are churning out the same multi-lines (40+) micro-pays types of slots. There is no variety and seemingly no attempt at being creative at all. All generic shit. The other providers such as Novo and MG are using in-house developers and they all seem to be producing the same low-variance 'egg-timer' shite too. And we won't mention IGT's trail of dross for the last 2 or 3 years....

It's no surprise BTG are bending them over the table.

I shall explode if I see yet another copy of St*rb*rst, BoRe Deluxe or bloody Buffalo.

I mean, whoever made that WMS slot had clearly no clue what makes all the other megaways slot good.

I mean you can get 4 scatters and not get a feature. That mechanic is just awful. Especially when 90% of the time you are getting meaningless cascades that take time and can never give you the feature or a win.

I mean, whoever made that WMS slot had clearly no clue what makes all the other megaways slot good.

I mean you can get 4 scatters and not get a feature. That mechanic is just awful. Especially when 90% of the time you are getting meaningless cascades that take time and can never give you the feature or a win.

Yes, somebody clearly didn't get the Megaways idea at all. It's like a cheap Chinese copy of your smartphone. I've also bemoaned the loss of IGT classics like Super Hoot Loot which H5G at least have recently made an attempt to reintroduce with Cool Loot and Art Of The Steal.

Yes, somebody clearly didn't get the Megaways idea at all. It's like a cheap Chinese copy of your smartphone. I've also bemoaned the loss of IGT classics like Super Hoot Loot which H5G at least have recently made an attempt to reintroduce with Cool Loot and Art Of The Steal.

Would you guys care to elaborate here? I definitely agree its missing the mark, but I dont see how the feature trigger mechanic is awful, for me it's the only thing that makes me consider playing the game. To me it fits quite well with the cascading megaways structure.

In my view the problem is just with how the game plays, both in terms of math and production, that just kill it. On paper it looks like the game couldve been good. Change my view!

Would you guys care to elaborate here? I definitely agree its missing the mark, but I dont see how the feature trigger mechanic is awful, for me it's the only thing that makes me consider playing the game. To me it fits quite well with the cascading megaways structure.

In my view the problem is just with how the game plays, both in terms of math and production, that just kill it. On paper it looks like the game couldve been good. Change my view!
The sinking of the ships above is completely useless bollocks because as TM said it's possible to get 4 scatters and not trigger anything - it could have been straightforward like 2-scatters for 5 spins, 3 for 10, 4 for 15 etc. I can understand the ships feature specifically in the free spins for a jackpot chance, but base game, no!
Then the pays are diabolical too, 0.1x over and over doesn't float my boat (pun intended lol) and you have no enhancement in the free games. they should be on all ways reels 117649 ways like Dragon Born or have some kind of multiplier, extra symbol or wild expansion.
So you have a dreadful base game to endure just to try and trigger an uninspiring execrable feature. It fails in every way.

Uk can't play Betsoft which is a shame as that Chili pop looks like it has potential like most grid games do...

I'm sure I've played BetSoft in the UK...

It's quite simple... If you're going to change something people are used to (i.e X number of scatters = free games) you need to make it feel better and more exciting. This just feels tedious. Endless one or two scatter hits that cascade to nothing with no hope of a feature because two on one reel is pointless. It's just bad. Really bad.

You can't take a well known format, make it terrible and expect it to succeed. Blueprint did it right... Take something people know and basically skin it. Then when you have that right, then do variations but stick somewhat to the formula.

The sinking of the ships above is completely useless bollocks because as TM said it's possible to get 4 scatters and not trigger anything - it could have been straightforward like 2-scatters for 5 spins, 3 for 10, 4 for 15 etc. I can understand the ships feature specifically in the free spins for a jackpot chance, but base game, no!
Then the pays are diabolical too, 0.1x over and over doesn't float my boat (pun intended lol) and you have no enhancement in the free games. they should be on all ways reels 117649 ways like Dragon Born or have some kind of multiplier, extra symbol or wild expansion.
So you have a dreadful base game to endure just to try and trigger an uninspiring execrable feature. It fails in every way.

It's quite simple... If you're going to change something people are used to (i.e X number of scatters = free games) you need to make it feel better and more exciting. This just feels tedious. Endless one or two scatter hits that cascade to nothing with no hope of a feature because two on one reel is pointless. It's just bad. Really bad.

You can't take a well known format, make it terrible and expect it to succeed. Blueprint did it right... Take something people know and basically skin it. Then when you have that right, then do variations but stick somewhat to the formula.

EDIT: Just realized im going on about a game that is actually in another thread (New Slot Announcement - A terrible Megaways type slot and odd Playtech)! Apologies to all lurkers!

Thanks for reply guys.

I do agree its pretty whacky, and a lot less refreshing of an experience than I thought at first (its still just collecting scatters, only you need varying amounts). That said, I don't really have a problem with moon princess' Freespins trigger (full-screen) being a 'worse' or more difficult version than Troll Hunter's, simply cus I know it's gonna be better (and there's more features in the basegame). You pointing out you could have 4 scatters and not trigger in this game is a bit similar to how you could clear 4 columns in Moon Princess and still not trigger FS (as opposed to Troll Hunters).

But yeah, I agree with you guys. I just hope developers are not discouraged from trying something new by this and personally would rather have 5 slots trying something new where 4 are completely awful but one is good (and new), than 20 slots that are all a slightly modified version of the same game we've all played to death.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back