NBA Boycott

Time the NBA made a stand and example out of these types of displays of political posturing.

Getting to the point of idiocy whereby overpaid athletes start believing they're humanitarian ambassadors?

Pretty sure people tune into sports to get away from the everyday mundane.

If a couple of of top players were to speak about socio-political messages in the off-season that's another thing entirely. I'm also sure the 'outrage' and vilification of these events is selective, with others simply being ignored altogether. Because then you either down tools over every injustice, or you do none

The only way to bring about change is to shine a light on the racial injustices that are happening in front of us. Our players have done that and we will continue to stand alongside them and demand accountability and change.

Thanks, but you're a contracted professional sportman. Get on with your job and put the ball through the hoop in the pursuit of outscoring the opposing team, and leave the other stuff to the politicians already

Never been a fan of Basketball.
I have only watched one whole game of basket in my life, but in my defense, that game had Michael Jordan in his prime... and also Bugs Bunny.

Go watch The Last Dance on Netflix, you'll be shooting hoops by 5pm

I never used to like it, then started to really get into it - same time as my love of football began to diminish.

t's basically giving more attention to the situation so that people in power can enact change. It may not be a concrete thing but they are still putting some awareness out there. It's a non-violent way to open people's eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back