My online slots videos (plus UK AWPs)

Just bringing this thread up to date with my latest videos, a couple of these have been linked elsewhere on the forums.

Chop any interest in the new consoles, thoughts on which one you prefer the look of? not to divert this thread but would be interested to hear your opinion, I think obviously the world situation has dampened the public enthusiasm and media coverage that two new machines would normally generate, I don't even know what the sales of them are looking like, just my sense it's been a bit of a damp squib.

Isnt it still hard to get ahold of them?
Unless you are willing to spend extra monies buying it from a scalper.

Looking at Swedish retailers, you will have to wait months in some places if making an order now.
Not really planning on getting either at the moment, can anyone of them really beat my 2007 xbxo360?

Used to be all for xbox, but have drifted more towards PS these last couple of years.
Was never a fan of playstations controllers, but now they are basically the same as xbox controllers, which is nice. =)

Isnt it still hard to get ahold of them?
Unless you are willing to spend extra monies buying it from a scalper.

Looking at Swedish retailers, you will have to wait months in some places if making an order now.
Not really planning on getting either at the moment, can anyone of them really beat my 2007 xbxo360?

Used to be all for xbox, but have drifted more towards PS these last couple of years.
Was never a fan of playstations controllers, but now they are basically the same as xbox controllers, which is nice. =)

I did see something about stock problems this week, I wonder how they compare spec wise to each other, and what the pc equivalent hardware would cost.

Chop any interest in the new consoles, thoughts on which one you prefer the look of? not to divert this thread but would be interested to hear your opinion, I think obviously the world situation has dampened the public enthusiasm and media coverage that two new machines would normally generate, I don't even know what the sales of them are looking like, just my sense it's been a bit of a damp squib.

TBH mack I haven't paid a huge amount of attention to either as it's essentially impossible to buy them!

Doubtless I'll end up with both eventually, as both have sufficient compelling first-party exclusives to make them worthwhile. My first choice would be the PS5 though, as that's where the majority of the games I want will be exclusives.

Neither have much if anything of 'must-own' titles at the moment, so I don't think there's any massive hurry, although the upgraded versions of last-gen games are quite appealing to me, especially being able to play something like Ghost of Tsushima at 4K/60FPS on PS5. (Ghost of Tsushima being one of my favourite games of the previous generation and indeed one of my all time favourites.)

Specs wise there's really not much in it (same as last gen TBH), they're both essentially PCs in small enclosures running an MS/Sony operating system. (Gone are the days of exotic architectures such as the PS3's Cell Architecture or the Sega Saturn's dual-CPU architecture that was notoriously hard to program for but offered superb power for those coders who could tap into it.)

As soon as stock becomes more readily available I'll buy them both, and they can replace my existing XB1X and PS4 Pro underneath the big telly!

I did see something about stock problems this week, I wonder how they compare spec wise to each other, and what the pc equivalent hardware would cost.
Pc will be more expensive if you want to be able to run the same titles at the same level of graphics.
$499 ( think thats what ps5 is selling for) wont give you much of a gaming pc.
If building a gaming pc, you will probably spend $499 on the graphics card alone.

That said, other than graphics card, things are not all that expensive.
Been a while since i had a look around, but if you are willing to put it together yourself you can probably get a decent set up for $1000-1200ish.
Wont be able to play all the new titles on "ultra" settings, and still wont measure up to the graphics coming from consoles, but you would be able to play most games on decent settings, and you can use it for other things besides gaming.
Like paint3d.
:p

No idea when stock for these consoles will be available in UK.

My boy wanted one at xmas but anytime some came in stock they were gone almost instantly. Some more were in stock at end of January but you had no chance of getting them.

He said he wanted one for his Birthday and said no chance you will get one.

Anyway he may be a bit Autistic and not the brighest at some things. But yeah he got his Xbox. He phoned me at work couple weeks before his Birthday wanting me to transfer him the money as he could get one.

Told him no way he can get one as nowhere has them. He was like i can get one long as i pay the money. Do not know what he had said to them but he had been in chat with someone from the Microsoft UK site. And they told him long as he paid the money they would get him one shipped from elsewhere in Europe as no idea when any would be in UK again. But he would need an adaptor to plug it in in UK so they ordered it for him.

Was like Jack you sure you are not getting ripped off. Anyway just over a week later it came. Pretty sure if he managed to get one from them anyone else that desperately wanted one could manage it . Never found out what he had said to get it but certainly worked. Or maybe he just got a nice helpful chat agent.

I heard good things about that ghost game, [I've got a bit behind on following all the gaming developments] that they made the fighting system challenging and enjoyable

Sony seem to have the edge on the exclusives, quietly gone about it but setting the benchmark. I'll probably wait another 5 years and buy one when the price is halved! I still haven't unboxed my xbox one s, must do that soon, got over half a dozen decent games to get me started.

On the PC hardware question it's almost impossible to buy graphics cards at the moment as well, as crypto miners are buying them up en masse with bots or direct from the manufacturers. When the Bitcoin bubble bursts again (which it will), expect to see the second hard market flooded with graphics cards!

What few are making it through to the normal supply chain are generally being used as part of full new system builds and sales as that's where the higher margins are.

(Honestly, go to somewhere like Overclockers or Scan and try to find an RTX graphics card that's actually 'FOR SALE' as opposed to on pre-order or 'available soon'.)

There is a bit of availability with older graphics cards, and that's where a sensible PC purchase might be at the moment, this month's issue of Custom PC for example has a gaming PC for sale at £899, completely pre-built, using a last-gen Ryzen 5 3600 processor and a GeForce 1660Ti graphics card, that'd actually be a really solid buy for a 1080p gaming PC.

My current PC is 3 1/2 years old now but I specced it up very well at the time, it was a 100% custom build by Scan - (this is where you specify every single component in the PC and they build it for you, a younger version of me used to love doing PC builds and manually overclocking using jumper settings on the motherboards etc but I just can't be arsed these days) - and is still holding up well now, I haven't had to upgrade a single component in it.

1615447074633.png

Yes it's quite good fun researching a new pc, then using the customise option and they build it for you, the pre built gaming PCs on sites like currys seemed to have improved too as when I was looking to buy a PC in 2012 they had very little.

[ The
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
site is good for comparisons. ]

I never knew the crypto mining folk were now buying up most of the GPU stock, looking at the integrated graphics on cpus and the best one I can see ( rx vega 11) is only just a bit short of my radeon 7770, which is some achievement.

That google stadia doesn't seem to have taken off afaik, as it was kind of predicted to be the future of gaming in that you wouldn't need an expensive PC or have to keep upgrading to play the latest titles.

Can you do a video about the rivalry of players , was there beef between people from different areas that thought certain services or sites were “their area” ?

I have heard about people sabotaging buttons to stop other people playing after them, Was this sort of stuff common ?

Can you do a video about the rivalry of players , was there beef between people from different areas that thought certain services or sites were “their area” ?

I have heard about people sabotaging buttons to stop other people playing after them, Was this sort of stuff common ?
As an avid 'clued up' player back in the day (although in hindsight I missed a lot also) yes there was a lot went on.

If I sat and thought about it and also had a catch up with my ex-slots buddy, I could quite probably write a book lol.

Quick couple which spring to mind was the chewed up Galaxy chocolate in the coin mech and one pub in particular where we quickly had to order bottles of Budweiser, not because we fancied another drink but as the quickest thing that sprang to mind to be able to protect ourselves!

LOL... superglue the start button in, so anyone put money in it would spin continuously and any holds offered couldn't be taken. If a feature came in it would collect first flash. I remember once swapping the spade connectors over when an engineer had a machine open and went to the toilet, so the pulse slides for the 10p's and £1 coin tubes were reversed. Collecting 80p wins continuously meant £8 lol. Trouble is, if it forced £2 on you, you only got 20p.

Another one you could do was have a couple of flat lithium button cells on you. If you got the chance, swap the one on the circuit board for a dead one. This meant every time the machine was turned off, it couldn't remember its state of play and would reset. So imagine the last video @ChopleyIOM put up where after 'reset' it would be happy to let you get 2x Crazy Reels features for guaranteed profit....

Almost EVERY club fruit and AWP had that same property - after 'reset' it would be happy to allow a brief spike by whichever method you applied, even the old Bar-X Electrocoins would 'go above' before settling and reverting to the usual vomit-mode.

Last edited:
How do you get the chance to swap batteries on the circuit board without anyone noticing ???
It simply clipped in a little blue lithium cell, or a silver one. In arcades quite often you would have engineers in who would go off to take phone calls etc. I never did this, but saw it done once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back