Mr Green v Betfred (£1.7m Jackpot)

Nicola

Closed Account
Bookmaker Betfred refuses to pay out £1.7m blackjack jackpot to gambler, 52, who blew thousands celebrating his big win as court hears firm blames 'software glitch' for prize award

Andrew Green, 52, thought he had become a millionaire playing Frankie Dettori's Magic Seven - a blackjack game on the bookmaker's website - in January.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Going to be a interesting court case. Once again, it's a Playtech slot and they are refusing to hand over evidence because it is confidential :oops:

Interesting case.... reading some of the comments made on the article I kind of agree with what some say. If there is a glitch then surely all losing bets made by the hundreds/thousands/millions of other players should be refunded.

Yes, very interesting. "Malfunction voids all winnings" doesn't seem right, I was under the impression everybody has changed this to "malfunction voids all pays and plays".
Doesn't the second mean that all bets are refunded?

Although in this case they refuse to provide proof that there was even a malfunction.:rolleyes:

Well I can tell you now if they made him an offer they don't want it in court! They will be forced to disclose evidence in court that's why otherwise their case would likely be toast. This 'evidence' could likely contain information that the game was defective in which instance as people have said it could open up a whole can of worms resulting in mass player refunds and possibly Playtake footing the bill. Surely this can be the only reason no evidence is being offered?

The Spielo/finsoft by the way was rigged 50-50 non-random card hi-lo gambles IIRC. We had a rep from the Gibraltar Commission trying to excuse it, Brear?

Player should and will wn, fact that bald coont offered a payment to keep him hush says everything. Fred has history of not paying and is a cancer to the gambling industry. Cough up you bald midget!

Playtech software has always had dodgy glitches in so many games, rarely in the players favour, but has been a few :)

I'd like to know how many bets were placed on this whilst it was supposedly suffering from a glitch, the man should be paid out in full i think.

Read this earlier on. It stinks really.

They offered him £60k to keep it out of court. If Betfred win this it opens up any and all gambling establishments to do the same thing if they so wish to.

The game showed no error to the end user, he had screenshots of his balance etc.

Player should and will wn, fact that bald coont offered a payment to keep him hush says everything. Fred has history of not paying and is a cancer to the gambling industry. Cough up you bald midget!

Nutnut has been warned numerous times and has been suspended before for flaming/troll-like behavior. This is the third strike before he takes a permanent hike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back