Montreal/GIGSE

Pinababy69

RIP Lisa
Hey Bryan, I'm assuming you made it to Montreal okay. How's the weather there? Only asking because it has been storming here since yesterday. I mean "really" storming. It's black outside, and chilly. You picked (or GIGSE did) a terrible time...up until yesterday the weather had been 25-29 everyday and sunny. :rolleyes:

I was wondering how the turnout for GIGSE seems so far? Less than years past? Just curious if some of the major providers/players have been scared off due to our proximity to the US? I know it only starts today, so if you wanna answer this in a couple days, that's cool, lol. :thumbsup:

Anyway, have fun...I love Montreal. :D

Last edited:
I read a report earlier that said attendence is less than half what it was this time last year.

Wow, that's horrible Simmo. GIGSE has always been one of the better attended events. I wonder if they might consider moving it out of Canada at some point...which would really suck. It's about the only one I ever have a hope in hell of attending.

Wow, that's horrible Simmo. GIGSE has always been one of the better attended events. I wonder if they might consider moving it out of Canada at some point...which would really suck. It's about the only one I ever have a hope in hell of attending.

Actually, the attendance was pretty high - the exhibition hall was lacking - and about half of the attendees were newbies. It was a very interesting conference, and I'll be filling everyone in on this shortly. :D

Meister report coming up :D

Sue Schneider's comment about being unsure of Montreal next year may herald a new venue for GIGSE - perhaps the Bahamas? Yeah!

Sue Schneider's comment about being unsure of Montreal next year may herald a new venue for GIGSE - perhaps the Bahamas? Yeah!

Nooooooooo...... I guess I need to start saving my pennies, or win the Lotto. :oops:

Nope, that won't happen. You have to stop over in the States to get there. It's a matter of people getting over their paranoia. That's what happened here.

I'm not so sure that "paranoia" is the right description - quite apart from the antics of the DoJ, the way Canadian authorities have been "cooperating" gives legitimate pause for thought on the part of industry execs i.m.o. - these businessmen can't all be wrong.

Are there no Caribbean flights routing through Canada?

And there's always Rio - that would be a cool place to network, too LOL.

I think we'll see a bumper EiG this year.

Definitely won't be Bahamas, it is an absolute nightmare to get there even if flying through the US wasn't an issue.

Rio would be an interesting place to visit, though. Or maybe they can move to Asia :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back