Moneybookers - Scam beware

asidea

®Laugh a little each day!.
PABnonaccred
hiya..I have recieved this email via my inbox recently, +various spam(which I am pxxxx!! about. I have referred and forwarded the following email to moneybookers, and they have confirmed that the below mentioned email is not send by them, and they will be investigating the matter.

If anyone else have recieved a similar email pls. forward it to moneybookers for further investigation..Tysm.

Payment details

Amount: USD 296.56
ID: 985445872
Subject: You must use the link below to accept the payment.
Note:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Dear Sir/Madam,
We are writing you this email in regards to your account with
moneybookers.

In accordance with our terms and conditions, article 3.2., we would like
to kindly ask you to confirm your identity by doing the following:

1. Click the link below and update your account informations by filling the forms.

2. Send us copies of following documents:

- personal identification document (identity card or driving license or
international passport)
- a proof of the address submitted with our system (bank account
statement or utility bill)

You can send those scanned to our email address
service@moneybookers.com or faxed to +44 709 204 2001.

With best regards,

your moneybookers team

Moneybookers Security Reminders

Protect Your Password
Moneybookers and its representatives will NEVER ask you to reveal your password. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy. If anyone asks for your password by phone refuse and immediately report this to security@moneybookers.com.

I get these all the time but for my paypal
account an they are either to
Dear maam (sp) or my email address
when you get a real email from paypal it
is addressed to
Dear Cindy S------

so I know right away its fake

Cindy

hiya..I have recieved this email via my inbox recently, +various spam(which I am pxxxx!! about. I have referred and forwarded the following email to moneybookers, and they have confirmed that the below mentioned email is not send by them, and they will be investigating the matter.

If anyone else have recieved a similar email pls. forward it to moneybookers for further investigation..Tysm.

Payment details

Amount: USD 296.56
ID: 985445872
Subject: You must use the link below to accept the payment.
Note:

Dear Sir/Madam,
We are writing you this email in regards to your account with
moneybookers.

In accordance with our terms and conditions, article 3.2., we would like
to kindly ask you to confirm your identity by doing the following:

1. Click the link below and update your account informations by filling the forms.

2. Send us copies of following documents:

- personal identification document (identity card or driving license or
international passport)
- a proof of the address submitted with our system (bank account
statement or utility bill)

You can send those scanned to our email address
service@moneybookers.com or faxed to +44 709 204 2001.

With best regards,

your moneybookers team

Moneybookers Security Reminders

Protect Your Password
Moneybookers and its representatives will NEVER ask you to reveal your password. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy. If anyone asks for your password by phone refuse and immediately report this to security@moneybookers.com.

Hello, I have received same message too. These stupid swindlers think that they can deceive somebody. My advice, ignore these messages.

How can these phishers actually use the GENUINE Moneybookers website to pull off this scam, this is a new level!!! Normally, they use a different website, but one that is VERY similar to the genuine one, perhaps transposed characters, slight misspeling, etc.

The only thing I can imagine that the underlying link was pointing somewhere else, just like in the typical "important e-mail for customers of XYZ bank" phishing scam.

I strongly suggest that anyone using IE turn the Status Bar on in the browser. (Go up to 'View' then make sure there's a check mark beside Status Bar.) If you hold your cursor over a clickable link, the actual link it's directing you to will show up in the status bar. I'm sure there are spammers and scammers who have found a way around this, but for now, it does help in most cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back