Maybe it's just me - pub machine questions

Was that before Wet and Wild? The weird card reels were great fun, and WnW had a great sound package, generally fun games.
Mazooma's best machine for me, by far, was Golden Game on £25, with the empty in the first program, even after that, they was
great games, they had multiple pots like repeat pot, Let Em Spin pot, Let Em Spin Bars Pot etc, they were amazing games, when
they got released on £35 jackpot I couldn't believe they had made them even better and more profitable!

Mazooma also made a great game called Monopoly Wheel of Wealth, the streak on the original chip was monstrous,
could go for over £175, which on £35 was insane, these came in both single player and multiplayer formats. They was literally everywhere!

Mazooma also made some great £25 Super Skill Stop method machines also, my favourite being Grand Blaster Cash.

It's such a shame manufacturers cant make excellent games like these anymore.
Recently Novomatic released a £100 Golden Game, which in fairness they have not diverted too far away from the original,
but its hardly in any locations, so just goes to show that analogue machines are a dying breed, with only Bullion Bars and clones
really doing well in the lo tech sector still.

I hope you're going to the Meister meeting Trance or this coming ICE, would be great to chat about machines gone by
and another moan about how the industry has declined due to jackpot and stake increases :D

Rob :)

Disco inferno was first then Wet & Wild. I also worked on Pacman Plus, a failed game called the Dynamic Duo (I put a feature in where for the jackpot repeat you could get yes, no or question... And you had to answer a multiple choice question to win the JP again... Crazy days lol)

Impulse made some fantastic games, didn't they get swallowed up by Barcrest in the end and IGT?
They seem to make a few shitty £25 games in the Harrison Cabinet, which finished them off?
Actually that could have been Maygay? King Kerching.

Funny Money was a nice game, which also played well on the £5 setting, It was really fun and totally different to all the others, obviously Grid Runner and Wipe Out had the best sounds :D

My favourite Impulse was a rare machine called Dam Busters, it was like a clone of London Underground and Homers Meltdown,
was very rare, such an enjoyable machine to play.

Rob :)

Dam Busters and Homers Meltdown were Maygay. Duffs Beer Guide was Impulse. I did a clone of that based on Buffy thr Vampire Slayer called Stakeout. We changed nothing other than the sounds and art and it failed miserably.

King Kerhing happened after Barcrest had bought all the brand's... they were Barcrest games badged as Impulse / Maygay in the ripple-top cabinet.

And yes I'll be at ICE and the Meister Meet :)

High Point

Silver bells were "2.40 repeater" which could go on forever!

Gold Bells were £4.80 JP and played James Bond - Gold Finger, could be triggered from a reel match from the BFM bell on centre reel as you describe, if out side reels matched.

Triple bars - £2.20, Double £2.00, single £1.60

Two matching bars on reels with overlayed symbol and one bell with over lay underneath, press it for skill cash, similar thing for graphic cash.

Nudge gamble from 1-4, unlimited nudges and a streak made this one of my top 5 also! :thumbsup:

The name came to me last night and there is not one image I can find - it was called 'HeyPresto!' and unlike the images shown above the 'hidden' features couldn't be viewed on the glass IIRC it was a matter of learning them and simply pressing the relevant button under the reel if you missed the quick hint or noise it made - sometimes there would be no hint and you'd simply try your luck on the relevant symbol to see if it would activate. The HighPoint game indeed is the same game but looks like an earlier or less polished version.

We only have a 'classic' style layout for Hey Presto (no artwork has been found for the machine), is this the one you're thinking of dunover? (Note that the underlying emulation is the same.)

Note that there is a hidden fourth reel above where the 'NUDGE' button is in the bottom left hand corner of the layout. (This reel has all the feature names on it.)

upload_2018-11-26_9-24-9.png

We only have a 'classic' style layout for Hey Presto (no artwork has been found for the machine), is this the one you're thinking of dunover? (Note that the underlying emulation is the same.)

Note that there is a hidden fourth reel above where the 'NUDGE' button is in the bottom left hand corner of the layout. (This reel has all the feature names on it.)

View attachment 98963
Seems to be though it was 4.80 and the symbols were different. That's right, each bar counted as its own respective number and sometimes you'd be at 7 on the trail and the 'hint' would shake a reel which had the 2-bar above it which would come down and initiate the full trail. This was my favourite-ever AWP but it got binned off when one day some guy was playing it, we'd never seen him before, ripped the thing off as he obviously had a system for it and was barred after emptying the cash and tokens out. When the 'regulars' came in it took in excess of £200 ( a LOT for a 4.80 JP AWP) for it to 'normalize' again. This bloke absolutely raped it and that was that a few days later.....never saw it again.

My second favourite was the old BWB? Red Hot Poker game.

These ROMs are running on 10p play/£4 jackpot dunover, so it's likely the original 20p/£4.80 ROMs weren't available. (Fruit machines would often be retired on smaller stakes and prizes once their frontline duties had finished.) Also, it's not unusual for 'classic' layouts to use inaccurate reel symbols, in the case of Hey Presto no one could find any images of it whatsoever, so the layout was put together as best as possible by the recollections of members of the FME scene. We literally just had the ROMs to load into the emulator. (The emulator has no idea what the machine 'looks' like, so creating the format and appearance of the layout is an entirely manual process.)

Red Hot Poker is emulated, the MPU4VIDEO tech that BWB used was added to to the emulator a couple of years ago.

upload_2018-11-26_9-58-54.png

That brings back some memories...
The symbols on HeyPresto! were red single bar, green double bar, yellow triple bar, cherries, silver bells, golden bells so there were only 6. In fact that's what you have, the mixed bells were in place of the mixed 7's and obviously silver and gold ones were the top 2 pays respectively. You've obviously used the Barcrest icons in their place. Some of the bars were overlaid with silver crescent moons, the ones that initiated the mystery goings-on.

Great stuff guys! - Red Hot Poker was the bomb at the time.

Knowing all the marked cards sure was an advantage in more ways than one, charging amateur players a few tokens for a successful gamble was almost as profitable as winning on the machine itself :p

The repeat was great too, many a time, I went high on a '6' thinking no chance, only to be greeted with a 'King' thus knowing the next repeat, regardless of what it says on the glass was pretty much guaranteed.

The streak which I caught in my favour more than my fair share was amazing for a £6 machine, seeing the 4th Joker appear in the pack, pressing start and watching them roll out was almost like........

Great stuff guys! - Red Hot Poker was the bomb at the time.

Knowing all the marked cards sure was an advantage in more ways than one, charging amateur players a few tokens for a successful gamble was almost as profitable as winning on the machine itself :p

The repeat was great too, many a time, I went high on a '6' thinking no chance, only to be greeted with a 'King' thus knowing the next repeat, regardless of what it says on the glass was pretty much guaranteed.

The streak which I caught in my favour more than my fair share was amazing for a £6 machine, seeing the 4th Joker appear in the pack, pressing start and watching them roll out was almost like........
LOL...the 4-jokers starting the Royal Flush streak of 5 jackpots then all those crappy tokens...

And remember guys, all this emulation stuff is 100% free, done by a lot of good folks purely for the love of it.

Yeah you can't win any real money of course, but just like real online slots these days, eh? :D

Do you have an emulation of JPM £10 Challenge ?

It was an SWP and was a find the lady card game , just select which of 4 cards was the queen , and go up the trail . from around 1989 and was my nice little earner....

Could get £20 to £30 a night from £1 or £2 in ...

Made me more than my day job then

The only game I can find that matches the title in any way is one called 'Zillionaire's Challenge', which is a Find The Lady SWP game with a £25 jackpot.

However, it runs on the MPU4 technology which JPM never used - so probably not the one you're talking about I'm afraid.
upload_2018-11-26_12-24-22.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back