CM Announcement Major Forum Upgrade

Just an update to this, it looks like we might be upgrading sometime later this afternoon. The forum will experince some downtime, hopefully not longer than an hour. In the meantime, we have turned off the ticketing system (PABs) in anticipation of the upgrade. Thanks for your understanding.

And for the oldtimers who hate change, you won't see much of a difference at all, just some extra bells and whistles. That's it.

Back in my day there were no bells and whistles, but people got by just fine anyway.
I remember walking 45 miles (a 45 minute walk back in my day) every day to school, uphill both ways, and no bells and whistles to help me.

Don't get me started on the this,lol. It is a joke how many snow days kids get these days. Had to walk a kilometer in knee high snow in 1St year of school .

Pfft...'I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing 'Hallelujah.'

Thanks to the Pythons. :thumbsup:

But for some real criticism, im not a fan of the new "writing posts in" box
Also uploading pictures has been changed for the worse.
More clicks to accomplish the same thing as before. Insert + full picture/thumbnail instead of just clicking thumbnail/full picture makes no sense.

And the "make a post" box is now hiding features, both for normal posts and in private messages.
Dont see the point of that, since it just means more clicks to accomplish the same as before.

vgf.png

My alerts seem to be updating but then going back to yesterday. Anyone else?

I did spill sugar on my keyboard this morning and have sticky keys but surely that woudnt affect the web :p

Just to show:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 08.06.41.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 08.06.41.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 11
Hey guys,

For the uploading of images aspect, I see no issues mobile or desktop - just clicking either the little picture icon in the tool bar or the "Attach File" button bottom right works for me in desktop and mobile. Could you provide some more detail or screenshots of any of the issues you see?

Attachments

• IMG_9574.JPG
    IMG_9574.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 2
Hey guys,

For the uploading of images aspect, I see no issues mobile or desktop - just clicking either the little picture icon in the tool bar or the "Attach File" button bottom right works for me in desktop and mobile. Could you provide some more detail or screenshots of any of the issues you see?
Whats the max filesize to attach a picture now?

Just tried 1.5Mb, it was accepted. Another at 2+Mb was not.
Yes, I tried 2.51mb and it wouldn't work.
We had this discussion previously about file sizes and thought it had been changed to 5mb or something, a 2mb limit is really low and pretty much most photo's/screenshots will have to be edited to be uploaded.

Edit, just re-read the other thread and it seems it was said it was changed to 1mb.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back