Life comes at you hard

Dinahnana

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
PABaccred
CAG
mm1
mm4
Wasn't gonna post but life has been real difficult for me lately. I recently got into a local university and because of that I had to give up my beloved dog since where I live dogs aren't allowed on public transport and the daycares aren't in the city. I tried all other avenues before I made my decision. I worked with a local dog welfare group and they placed him in a lovely home in Sweeden where he is adored and spoiled and after 3 weeks has finally settled in.

The day I gave my beloved Ollie up my Mother was hospitalized with stroke symptoms. Her current diagnosis is Cerebbelar Degeneration with Ataxia so I guess that is proof I made the right decision because right now I have to be there for my parents as much as I can. It's been tough, my parents have been married over 50+ years so it's hitting my Dad hard although I am not sure he fully understands the situation.

My family collectively have come together to organize as much as we can to aid in my Mum's need and try to offer moral support to my Dad. I am still starting University in September because my field it's hard to get places. I will still be available to be there for my parents as much as I can (believe me each moment with loved ones is precious)

I am in regular contacted with my dogs new Mum and she adores him and finds him great comfort. He was the first two memes of the
Doghouse Meme competition. It broke my heart to part with him and makes me mad that my country isn't more dog friendly but at the end of the day I need to be there for my parents. It's hard for everyone but as expected especially hard for my Dad

Wasn't going to post anything but I have been a tad bitchy in the last few weeks and wanted peeps to know the real reason behind it. Fellow Cm'ers cherish your family as you never know when shit goes sideways.

That is a hell of a lot to take on board in such a short space of time. When it rains, it pours...:(

I share your feelings about loved ones and I hope you climb back up from this bad run of events soon. :thumbsup:

That is a hell of a lot to take on board in such a short space of time. When it rains, it pours...:(

I share your feelings about loved ones and I hope you climb back up from this bad run of events soon. :thumbsup:
Thanks. It's hard but I cannot even begin to imagine how hard it is for my Dad or Mum for that matter.

My Mum doesn't know her full diagnosis and I think for her spirits it's best she doesn't know as it will upset her and she doesn't need that. That might sound strange but she knows something is wrong but if she knew the truth I think it would cause her to go downhill much faster and we just want her to enjoy what time she has left.

Last edited:
I never noticed you being bitchy but then I don't keep up with a lot of threads. But I do get how tough things are right now for you and I can only give you my sympathies about it.

When I was a young lad I had a girlfriend live with me and out of the blue I came home to a puppy. In return I was allowed to name him and because of his fur I called him Digby. Within a few months we parted and I was left with him. He grew and had only got more cute. So much that the kids around would knock asking if Digby would come out to play.Before he was fully grown I had finished my studies and was offered a great job in the south. With nobody I knew able or willing to take a dog on I had to advertise for a home for him and luckily I found a lovely family for a forever home.
I kept in contact with those people for a while but I stupidly forgot about calling eventually.They told me that their local kids would knock asking if Digby would come out.
Your post has made me reflect on my dog and I never wanted to replace him.
I wish you and your parents well and I would not worry about your unintentional written word too much. We are all guilty of that sometimes.
Quite drunk Col

Last edited:
Great bravery to post and shows character, also congratulations on your university place! That’s a lot in itself to be very proud of.

im a dog owner as you may have seen, adore my girl. But yours is now homed safely and happy and you made the right choice as hard as it is, believe me I get that.

and your going forward in life, starting something new. I’m not in doubt for a second your parents wouldn’t be proud as punch!..

To even post about it here to a bunch of strangers shows real grit and character, thats a lot to be proud of.

yes it’ll be hard but after the rain comes the sun.

I wish you all the best, things will brighten up.

Sorry about your Mom. Parents and family are always the most important but its hard to give up a pet as they're family members to.

I had a German Shepard from the week I was born until I was 16. I still remember the day the town came and took him. I skipped school and took a bunch of pictures of him throughout the neighborhood. I still have them all these years later.

I never noticed you being bitchy but then I don't keep up with a lot of threads. But I do get how tough things are right now for you and I can only give you my sympathies about it.

When I was a young lad I had a girlfriend live with me and out of the blue I came home to a puppy. In return I was allowed to name him and because of his fur I called him Digby. Within a few months we parted and I was left with him. He grew and had only got more cute. So much that the kids around would knock asking if Digby would come out to play.Before he was fully grown I had finished my studies and was offered a great job in the south. With nobody I knew able or willing to take a dog on I had to advertise for a home for him and luckily I found a lovely family for a forever home.
I kept in contact with those people for a while but I stupidly forgot about calling eventually.They told me that their local kids would knock asking if Digby would come out.
Your post has made me reflect on my dog and I never wanted to replace him.
I wish you and your parents well and I would not worry about your unintentional written word too much. We are all guilty of that sometimes.
Quite drunk Col
Thank you. It's always hard to part with a beloved pet but in my case it was clearly the best thing for both of us. He is now with someone who loves him as much as I do and I am able to be there for my parents as well as go to Uni. My Ollie had very bad separation anxiety so he could not be left alone so that is why I had to rehome him because it broke my heart to leave him even for 10 minutes. Right now each visit to my parents is at least 6 hours including transportation and it would be cruel to leave him for so long. At least with his new Mum, he is never alone. So in the end as much as it hurts it was the best decision I made for both of us.

I truly feel your sadness and anger, only person in my life besides my wife that talks to me is my brother, my daughters have chosen to ,ignore me and the wife over money, when my dad died 2 years ago he left me and my brother set, but with restrictions can only take what income the investment makes bought us are first ever home and iam 58, somehow don't think I deserve it ,any way my mom has alzheimers and was in a home in Ontario which lost 25% of the residents to covid19. Omg this is hard have not seen her since January, family keep them tight because you never know. My last dog Duffy had since pup lived till 13years lab, we had her put down at home, fucking hardest thing I ever did, rode my bike like fuck to the beer store 12tall cans gone 2hrs numb the pain. Sorry for your hardship I really feel for you, I know what its like, take care ✌

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back