Legal Online Poker In D.C.

D.C. is very small... how do they get around the 'collusion' factor and multiple accounts from 'neighbors' bugaboo?

D.C. is very small... how do they get around the 'collusion' factor and multiple accounts from 'neighbors' bugaboo?

I would assume because it is now legal, the poker room would call the police and the police would show up at the home of any questionable IP address to 'check things out'...

Like Bryan already pointed out.... Be Careful what you ask for... You may get it.

Well it goes to show you what there doing in DC with there hands !!!! Ones on a deck of cards and the other is to busy calling the prostitutes!!!

Sorry couldn't resist!!! If offended anyone my apologies..

Apparently, there is some fallout happening from the seizure. Players are now stating they can't deposit anymore into their ewallet and are having accounts blocked from depositing altogether. Personally, I think they should send ALL politicians to some isolated commune in Siberia...

OK, so if it is legal to 'game' in DC, just how do they plan for the players to be able to fund their gambling?

Unless the UIGEA is repealed, it's still illegal to fund any gaming activites in the US. And FYI, horse racing doesn't fall under the UIGEA but you still can't use some bank cards, WF for one, to fund and you can't fund online with a card, you have to call. I play at Twinspires which is a US based online horseplaying site, owned by Churchill Downs Inc. and some other US companies, and you can't use a Visa card.

Each state has their own financial laws, card companies must follow in order to operate within the state.

If DC wants online gambling with credit and debit cards they'll get it.
Gambling is already legal in DC, this is just an addition, it's for DC residents and visitors to DC.

There shouldn't be a problem with the Feds if the state agrees to this.

Washington D.C. is not a State.
There is no Governor, no state legislature...

It is a 'District' and it is governed by the US Congress.

The state vs federal laws do not apply to D.C..

Hmm forgot about that. Then maybe this would make things even easier, not sure.

doesent that make it even more screwed up cause there the one's saying to others dont do it :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back