Latest posts - annoying

SlotMonster

Twitch Streamer - Affiliate
webmeister
When I open the main page - I usually review "Latest posts" section at first. But when I click on any thread - it redirects me on the first page (post?) in this thread, not to the latest post. Really annoying, because you have to look through the whole thread and find the latest on yourself.

Could it be fixed? :notworthy

Cheers!

I recall back in 2004 when I first joined I was directed to my first unread post but now it automatically takes you to the first post whether or not its been read. Not satisfactory so I have a habit of going to the last page and on many occasions have missed some excellent posts in between.

After you've clicked on the thread you want to see and it's on your screen, try this:

view-first-unread.jpg

Attach Removed (Old not found)

Last edited:
In this case you have to make 2 clicks instead of only 1 (click on a thread, and then on "view first unread") :p

Thanks anyway :cheers:

In this case you have to make 2 clicks instead of only 1 ....

True, but a lot better than nothing, no?

Also, FWIW, it's my understanding that you may eventually be able to do it straight from the "Latest Posts" block on the front page. There is/was/will be (?) a little "go to" arrow on each line of the Latest Posts listing that should take you to your last read post in the thread. As I recall something in the latest (?) update broke the thing so Bryan pulled it, for the time being. I may have some of the details wrong but that's what I recall the situation being.

True, but a lot better than nothing, no?

Also, FWIW, it's my understanding that you may eventually be able to do it straight from the "Latest Posts" block on the front page. There is/was/will be (?) a little "go to" arrow on each line of the Latest Posts listing that should take you to your last read post in the thread. As I recall something in the latest (?) update broke the thing so Bryan pulled it, for the time being. I may have some of the details wrong but that's what I recall the situation being.

Yes, earlier it was right as you said. I miss it! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back