I'm currently listening to...

@goatwack You're probably too young for these guys? Another 90's, but they weren't around long. He od'd. They were effed upped when they did this video.

We were merely getting into Grunge, as it was hot off the press :p So many great bands simultaneously. My mate was into Nirvana heavily, I was into the Chilis, another into Metallica etc

Wasn't really until the latter days of grunge that I truly got into Soundgarden for example

Here's another good band of the time we hastily dismissed. It's incredible to think Daniel Johns was around 16 when doing his Silverchair thing

We were merely getting into Grunge, as it was hot off the press :p So many great bands simultaneously. My mate was into Nirvana heavily, I was into the Chilis, another into Metallica etc

Wasn't really until the latter days of grunge that I truly got into Soundgarden for example

Here's another good band of the time we hastily dismissed. It's incredible to think Daniel Johns was around 16 when doing his Silverchair thing

I actually seen these guys 11 years ago! Excellent stage/light show :D I was 26 when Nirvana came out, and it was Pearl Jam that got me into it, and then Spoon Man from Soundgarden. The rest is history. I spent 10 years with my long skirts, Doc's and jean jacket. Lol. Many a mosh pits, and because I'm so tiny, people loved to body surf me. Music from the 70's- 2000 rocked! Nothing good since. I don't listen to grunge anymore, but def was a great time period for me...music wise, health, money,looks. It was all good :)

I actually seen these guys 11 years ago! Excellent stage/light show :D I was 26 when Nirvana came out, and it was Pearl Jam that got me into it, and then Spoon Man from Soundgarden. The rest is history. I spent 10 years with my long skirts, Doc's and jean jacket. Lol. Many a mosh pits, and because I'm so tiny, people loved to body surf me. Music from the 70's- 2000 rocked! Nothing good since. I don't listen to grunge anymore, but def was a great time period for me...music wise, health, money,looks. It was all good :)
It was good for all involved, and rightly so. I wouldn't change growing up during that era for today's sh........'aurally-challenged' derps that couldn't tell a good tune from their asses

Incidentally, Daniel Johns turns 40 tomorrow! (good age :D)

It was good for all involved, and rightly so. I wouldn't change growing up during that era for today's sh........'aurally-challenged' derps that couldn't tell a good tune from their asses

Incidentally, Daniel Johns turns 40 tomorrow! (good age :D)

Is this music called 'grunge'? I struggle with a lot of rock music almost as if they're singing in chinese, sometimes I think I'm just lacking a part of the brain required to appreciate and 'get' it. In the 80's I never got jon bon jovi, guns n roses or U2 when they were hugely popular...

But I quite liked motorhead's ace of spades so maybe there's hope for me yet :confused: :oops:

Is this music called 'grunge'? I struggle with a lot of rock music almost as if they're singing in chinese, sometimes I think I'm just lacking a part of the brain required to appreciate and 'get' it. In the 80's I never got jon bon jovi, guns n roses or U2 when they were hugely popular...

But I quite liked motorhead's ace of spades so maybe there's hope for me yet :confused: :oops:

It's just plain old Heavy Metal, no strings attached :eek:

Grunge came out the Seattle area early '90s, so it's more of a sub-genre that 'rather took off' :p It's a dirtier, grimey, angstier musical form than the poodle-haired bands that preceeded it

If that makes no sense still, here's a visual representation for all it's worth :eek2:

It's just plain old Heavy Metal, no strings attached :eek:

Grunge came out the Seattle area early '90s, so it's more of a sub-genre that 'rather took off' :p It's a dirtier, grimey, angstier musical form than the poodle-haired bands that preceeded it

If that makes no sense still, here's a visual representation for all it's worth :eek2:

see I liked/could appreciate that, and sensed she was singing about a long lost love. I definitely feel I've missed something on the music front, I always thought heavy metal was bands like iron maiden and you had to shake your head a lot, headbanging [probably that has a different meaning now :laugh:] looked a bit dangerous to me :oops:

see I liked/could appreciate that, and could sense she was singing about a long lost love. I definitely feel I've missed something on the music front, I always thought heavy metal was bands like iron maiden and you had to shake your head a lot, headbanging [probably that has a different meaning now :laugh:] looked a bit dangerous to me :oops:
Rock music is all-encompassing. There are songs that you could get violent with, and others you appreciate for their melodies/ lyrics/ meaning. Rawk's just another musical genre, to evoke different emotions in different people. I might find more musical worth in Motorhead than Mozart, it all depends :thumbsup:

Rock music is all-encompassing. There are songs that you could get violent with, and others you appreciate for their melodies/ lyrics/ meaning. Rawk's just another musical genre, to evoke different emotions in different people. I might find more musical worth in Motorhead than Mozart, it all depends :thumbsup:

:laugh: I thought rawk was red and white kop, I'm blinking slow on the uptake tonight :laugh: Is there a top 100 hits in this genre, accepted by the critics kind of thing, maybe I can get into a few more tracks other than ace of spades ? :cool:

:laugh: I thought rawk was red and white kop, I'm blinking slow on the uptake tonight :laugh: Is there a top 100 hits in this genre, accepted by the critics kind of thing, maybe I can get into a few more tracks other than ace of spades ? :cool:
Start with The Beatles and work your way up :D

It's all subjective, and there's probably a million such lists :eek2:

This one's a decent marker, a lot of Progressive Rock/ Psychedelic stuff in there. Grunge won't feature prominently in these kind of lists for example....but a lot of influential bands there

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Can’t beat a bit of the mac, also old fleetwood Mac are superb.

I grew up in a house that was filled with country music, I knew nothing but. I will never forget my first babysitting gig. I was 11 years old, and after the family left, I took a look at their records. Wowzers, all these bands I never heard of before. Fleetwod Mac, Supertramp, ELO, Pink Floyd. I put Fleetwood Mac's Rumors on first, and the song "The Chain", became my favorite. Listening to all these new bands at the age of 11, opened up the door for my undying love of music! FYI.........I still hate Country :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back