Horse Racing & Tips Thread

This is kind of after timing but whatever. I'm just showing off my stupidity and blind luck.
This morning I saw Alcohol Free was 13/2 6 places with bet365. I thought that is massive. So had a tenner or so ew on it.

Not 20 minutes later I am on ladbrokes to back a first goalscorer for tonight and I end up totally forgetting I backed Alcohol free and back it in.
For once my stupidity is rewarded :oops:

Screenshot_20210618-163531_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210618-163348_Chrome.jpg

This is kind of after timing but whatever. I'm just showing off my stupidity and blind luck.
This morning I saw Alcohol Free was 13/2 6 places with bet365. I thought that is massive. So had a tenner or so ew on it.

Not 20 minutes later I am on ladbrokes to back a first goalscorer for tonight and I end up totally forgetting I backed Alcohol free and back it in.
For once my stupidity is rewarded :oops:

View attachment 155921

View attachment 155920
Nice when that happens.

Bit frustrating past 2 days. 3 placed today, 2 placed, one winner yesterday, yesterday returned £30 today £50 (from £15 stakes) and obviously the main bet today won. Having the other horse placed on both days would have made a big difference. The treble yesterday won, but the first one won at around the same price, 2nd was a non runner, and the third ended up 33/1 ON because of the non runners, so may as well have just done a single lol.

Last night I was looking at Ropey Guest in the 5.00 as a really good EW bet, but thta was based on him being 40/1. Woke up this morning and is 12-14/1, so thats put a spanner in the works. No doubt he will hack up now. Might just leave the race as I had it as a 20/1 chance, obviously 40's was value, 12's, not so much. If it drifts closer to the off I might have a small EW bet on it. Gulliver may be a better choice at the prices, currently 18/1.

3.40 Hukum 13/2 4 places. I'm surprised this isn't favourite. Likes the ground, has won here before and can't see him being out the first 4. Ilaraab is a handicapper, and don't think Broome will stay. I think Wonderful tonight is the danger, but lacks a run this season so fitness has to be taken on trust. Will do a small RFC on the two.

3.05 Naval Crown could get placed. 11/1 5 places. Should get a fairly easy lead on his side, while the other side has all the pace and might burn themselves out competing for the early lead.

Away from Ascot, think Typhoon Ten has a decent chance of winning the 4.30 at Newmarket. Currently 11/2

Good luck today

Not a whole lot catching my eye today. I have my eye on denise fosters runners at Perth which are really elliot's as we know. Won the first at 5s and has many other decent chances.

At ascot
I had a small ew on Tactical in the 3.05 at 14/1 6places. Won the Windsor castle 2yo here last year and I feel like it's a little overpriced.

I was impressed with the O Brien horse in the first on debut but its just too short now at 11/8.

Likewise Broome is the most likely winner of his race shouldn't mind the cut in the ground but ram a stinker here backend of last season

Small each ways on
Sonaiyla 9/1 in the 4.20. Really progressive since going to Paddy Twomey and may have a group one in him.

Kings Lynn is a standout fav in the wokingham at 5.00. 7 places at PP but hes into 3/1 now so I've had another small each way bet with 7 places in mind on Danzeno.
Has to be trusted for fitness but 25/1 is a good price for a horse that regularly makes the frame in big field handicaps.

Small ew trixie also
Sonaiyla 9/1
Danzeno 25/1
Tactical 14/1.

Good luck all having a bet.

Agree 100% with Danzeno, backed it @ 28/1 with Skybet as I think he has more going for him than against him and he is potentially well drawn.

My Lucky 15 today:

Masekela 2:30
Broome 3:40
Dream of Dreams 4:30
Falcon Eight 6:10

I have backed a few EW in the extra place races on Skybet - Light Refrain in the 3:05 and I think Glentaneous will run a big race in the 5:35.

Its a while since Dermot Weld won a Derby but I reckon he will have the Ulster Derby winner today.

Good luck to all having a flutter today.

4 placed yesterday so that gave a decent profit on the week.

2.55P Rising Star 15/2. Came fifth in a group 2 in Italy on totally unsuitable ground as needs fast ground in my view. She was entered in the Sandringham on Friday at Royal Ascot, and withdrawn because of the ground. Fitness shouldn't be a worry as I doubt she would have been running at Ascot if they didn't think she had a decent chance. Todays race is a massive downgrade from those, the Italian one was worth 99k, the Sandringham £40k, this is a class 3 HC worth £6k. Think the connections will be very disappointed if it doesn't win this.

1.30W Arthur's Reuben should be good enough to get a place here as long as the ground is good or better. 9/1 4 Places

Finally Danse Idol in the 2.00W. 7/2

Will do a EW treble on those

Good luck all.

Just a small treble today

4.20A Wise Eagle 11/4
8.50N Kingston King 7/4
6.30N Navegaon Gate 5/2

Treble pays about 35/1

I don't think Sean has gone to Newton Abbot for his only ride of the day, in the last race, unless he expects to win. Unfortunately the only market rival is a non runner so has affected the price, but I think 7/4 will still be bigger than the SP, as I can't really see anything in the race getting close to him now.

Good luck if you are betting today

Kingston King won at 4/6 :eek:

Again, one runner for Sean, and the only one of the day for Peter tomorrow, in the 2.35W. Regardless of that, think Montana should win this anyway, and don't think the current 15/8 will be there tomorrow.

King's Guard should win the 7.10K for Charlie Appleby, currently best priced 5/4. Bet365 are odds on, can see the others catching up soon.

Going to also add in Love is Golden in the 3.55S. Currently around 6/1. Likes cut in the ground, last time he missed the break and never recovered, and then hampered when running on at the end. It was a better race than this, and was only beaten just over 2l, on ground he doesn't like. The obvious danger is Lord Protector, but although he's won all 3 races so far, they were all over shorter than this, and he's up 6lb for a 1/2 length win last time. I'll probably do a small FC just in case it does beat Love is Golden.

Couple of late ones

7.20N Sea Empress 10/3. Ran very green in a good race at Newbury and the winner franked the form in the Ribblesdale. Has won here, and think he has as good a chance as any of winning.

6.45N Sunday Sovereign 6/1 5 places (Hills). De Sousa's only ride of the night, horse has been gelded, and looks like it's comiong back into form going from it's last race. Think it has an excellent chance of being in the first five, and a good chance of winning.

EW Double.

I think Peter has his best chance for a while of getting all winners today. I would say I'm strongest on the two at Cartmel, but do think all 4 have excellent chances. Going to do a yankee and accumulator on them.

2.40C Game Line 3/1
3.35U Landofsmiles 13/2
3.50C Francky Du Berlais 11/4
4.40U Statuario 7/2

Good luck today

Backed also both Peters runner at Uttoxeter, liked their odds and Bowens been doing very well lately. Missed checking Cartmel card yet but that yankee looks really tempting

I think Kapsize should win the 1.00 easily, but after watching Peter's runners yesterday, they all seemed to struggle in the latter part of every race, which could suggest there's a bit of a virus in the yard, so just going to watch rather than back it, especially at 6/4. Obviously 4 runs isn't enough to tell properly, but it's enough to put me off short term.

I think Kapsize should win the 1.00 easily, but after watching Peter's runners yesterday, they all seemed to struggle in the latter part of every race, which could suggest there's a bit of a virus in the yard, so just going to watch rather than back it, especially at 6/4. Obviously 4 runs isn't enough to tell properly, but it's enough to put me off short term.

Will back Kapsize a little bit. Was bit disappointed that Peter couldn't get one winner yesterday, but didn't see these races to be anything easy but quite competitive and previous success made sure handicapper didn't make it any easier. Today Kapsize on quite short trip hopefully bring another winner for Bowens.

Will back Kapsize a little bit. Was bit disappointed that Peter couldn't get one winner yesterday, but didn't see these races to be anything easy but quite competitive and previous success made sure handicapper didn't make it any easier. Today Kapsize on quite short trip hopefully bring another winner for Bowens.
I hope so, but it wasn't that they didn't win, more that they all just folded completely in the latter stages of the races. Usually thats where Sean excels, and the 2 races at Cartmel especially looked like something wasn't right to me. Hopefully Kapsize hacks up though :)

Longsider in the 3.15 Haydock interests me greatly tomorrow. Big field handicaps obviously require luck to get involved in but a Sir M Prescott horse first time on turf/in a handicap with great form cannot be ignored. 5 places at PP too. Hes 8/1 now. No idea if he'll drift or come in again on price honestly as it's a wide open race.

Obviously I just backed Statement again at sandown tomorrow at around 3.4 on the exchanges because clearly I hate money :rolleyes:

Gl to all.

Anyone who bets rugby will have seen the Lions play tomorrow.
They play their namesakes The Lions (south African franchise).

B&I Lions are -28 on the handicap at 10/11. That is a terrible bet imo.
The SA Lions have a fantastic home record, are not just off a flight and most importantly have played 14 games together in the last 14 weeks.
The B&I lions on the other have picked a side with quite a few debutants and players that may take time to adjust to what it is to be a lion. Couple that with the the fact the B&I Lions generally in any tour dont batter teams first up tells me SA Lions +28 at 10/11 is massive value.

Also I haven't watched a whole lot of Euro 2020 as no Irish involvement I have been watching Wimbeldon and Golf instead, but from the games I've it is as good an opportunity as ever for England to go to a major final.

Spain or Italy will make a tough opponent in any final but England need to cease there chance to join one of those in the final.
Theres a free €/£5 bet on bet365 if you punt there. I stuck it on Maguire first goal for a decent long shot.

2.25S Accidental Agent 25/1 5 places. Won the Queen Anne 3 years ago, and while he hasn't reproduced that form since, has ran ok in group races, and much better races than this. This race isn't the best, and has a chance of finishing in the first 5, although don't expect it to win.

2.05H Oceanline 40/1 4 places. By far the best race he has ran in, but always gives his running, and might sneak a place here.

3.00S Kestenna 14/1 4 places. Be surprised if this doesn't place.

2.40H La Lune 7/1. this is a better race than he has been winning, but is likely up to this.

Good luck today.

I can't ignore the significance of Hollie Doyle riding in 2 races at Leopardstown this evening when there is some good meetings in the UK today. I've done an EW Double in the 6.40 and 7.10. I could well be wrong but I can't recall her ever riding in Ireland before?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back