Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Its great to see the crowds back at the races even if they are limited. Here are mine at Epsom today. Good luck with your bets

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

20. Duke Of Firenze
25/1
5th Jun EPSOM DOWNS 15:45 HANDICAP 0m 5f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
4. Hurricane Lane
13/2
5th Jun EPSOM DOWNS 16:30 EVENT 1m 4f 6y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
5. Grantley
11/2
5th Jun DONCASTER 16:50 HANDICAP 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
4. Desert Safari
5/1
5th Jun EPSOM DOWNS 17:50 HANDICAP 0m 6f 3y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds

Typical saturday, picked the wrong Appleby horse, first and third in the tricast, and a length off a 300/1 winner, and to make that worse, the horse that knocked me out of that one was the 50/1 outsider lol

Horse race betting wise I could stop a train at the minute. Doesnt stop me having a punt though :oops:
Luckily I'm doing ok in golf/rugby betting so I'm slightly ahead for the month as a result.

I've been looking at the Prix du Jockey Club(French Derby)today and think there is value to be had somewhere.
I think the best chance for a winner from UK or Ireland is not an OBrien horse but Megallan. The Gosdens have a better record in this race than O Brien too. The race is always been an afterthought for them due to its timing.

Megallans line of form from the Dante at York is quite impressive. he split Hurricane Lane(3rd in Epsom Derby yesterday) and High Definition(Irish Derby Fav)
The fact it's over a mile 2f is likely to suit as a result too.
Unfortunately after a quick look on oddschecker its seems the best value is with Wills Hills and Betfred I cant bet with either but if you can get on there its 5 places at 11/1 currently.
The French horse I fancy most is Makaloun. Trainer has an outstanding record here and connections have too. Also 11/1 5 places with the same two firms.

I've included them in a couple of multiples and done a rfc also. Haven't even looked at the rest of that card just the one bet there.
Not great fare at home today but theres one or two.

Screenshot_20210606-104531_Chrome.jpg

Adapt to Dan is a reserve but with a run 10/1 is a big each way price. Good form, nice draw and likes this distance/ground.
Call my bluff is in excellent form and the hope is a small rise in weights wont stop the improvement. Exchange rate is having a first run in 3 years so fitness is taken on trust but Willie Mullins is obv capable. If fit he is about 17lbs well in here so worth the each way poke.

GL all having a go.

I want to apologize Colin. I logged on to say Prey for glory was a cracking each way shot to nothing between the drop in class and the recent decent efforts. So you can blame me if he bombs out lol.

Same can be said for Added Bonus 3.05 at Listowel. Not much else doing so I've done an ew double on those two and two ew singles.

Prey for Glory is 11/2 on PP
Added Bonus is 8/1 on PP (5places)

I'd be happy with two places but the double is around 60/1 for the win.

Gl all

4.35Y Illusionist 8/1 5 Places. Illusionist was outpaced at the end of a quite hot 6f handicap last time out, so should enjoy the step up in trip. The stable is in excellent form and I'll be surprised if he doesn't get a place at least. Only runner of the day for the stable too.

2.10S Dashing Dick 7/1. Second the last two runs, in similar races to this, can't see any reason why he won't be up there at the end of this race too. Jockey is in decent form, banging in the winners.

5.45A Falberto 10/1 should be good enough to place in this fairly poor race

7.25A Nordic Combined 7/1, again, a poor race that won't take much winning, think this should get placed.

One win bet, small double on:

1.35S Native Trail should win this at around evens.
3.45C Flip Mode 11/4

Good luck today

Didn't do much the weekend as it seemed like every decent horse is waiting for Ascot to start.

Incidentally anybody with a PP or Bet365 a/c both have free €5 bets. PP is for the first race only but you can use it in alternative markets.
I did Sir Busker 12/1 without the favourite who is 4/9!!

Seems to heaps of money early for Dhabab in the 3.05. Bet 365 are 12/1 into 6/1. PP 10/1 into 9/2.

Looking forward to the sprint too at 3.40.
Winter Power looks a smart sprinter.
Couple him with the american sprinters in this and they may give Battash something to think about.

In the last race Saldier is a significant enough entry, felt like Listowel the last day was a prep race for this race.
He won well so the 4lb penalty is nothing to worry about imo. Getting short enough now though at 11/4.

my early thoughts on tomorrow

2.30 Palace Pier should win but at 2/5 isn't really backable. EW I like Lope Y Fernandez has form on the straight track and likes firm. Currently 14/1 at Betfair. Regal Reality at 18's is overpriced and I think will start around 12's. Has a chance of a place too.

5.00 Elysian Flame has a good chance of getting placed here, was badly hampered at the start last time out, then didn't get a clear run about 2f out. I think he lost more than the 7l he was beaten by, and if he manages a clear run tomorrow should do much better. Likes the trip, likes the going. Currently 14/1 6 places, another I think will be shorter tomorrow, more like 8/1.

5.35 Fox Tal 16/1 4 places, think this will be a lot closer than the betting suggests.

6.10 Saldier quite possibly will win this (sorry Ken, both liking the same horse, disaster :D ) but I'm not taking 5/2. Going to go EW on Gallota Bridge 22/1 5 places. Typical profile of a horse Dr Newland tends to do well with.

Good luck to everyone

It promises to be a great week of racing. I have played safe for tomorrow despite doing quite well recently. Although in the morning I may have another look and do a bet based on outsiders too.
Good luck all that are having a punt this week :)

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

12. The Acropolis
11/2
15th Jun ROYAL ASCOT 15:05 EVENT 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
16. Winter Power
7/2
15th Jun ROYAL ASCOT 15:40 EVENT 0m 5f 0y - Each Way
11. Poetic Flare
4/1
15th Jun ROYAL ASCOT 16:20 EVENT 0m 7f 213y - Each Way
18. Just Hubert
9/1
15th Jun ROYAL ASCOT 17:00 HANDICAP 2m 3f 210y - Each Way

Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
13. Patrick Sarsfield
7/2
15th Jun ROYAL ASCOT 17:35 EVENT 1m 1f 212y - Each Way
Best odds

Frustrating day yesterday, a 2nd, 3rd and 5th where it was 4 places. The other one, Fox Tai looked like it might win and was backed from 20's into 15/2, then gave up at the end of the race :(

5.00A Revich 66/1 7 places. A bit torn about this one, was the 11/4f in his last race which was the same class as this, but only 10 runners, and blew the start at Chester, which is fatal. trainer isn't in good form, and has Hayley Turner on board, who I've never been a massive fan of. However, despite the negatives, I think the horse has decent form and should get in the first 7, and is overpriced at 66's. It basically comes down to if they have solved the problem of him fluffing the start. If he starts well, then he should get placed.

3.40A Champers Elysee 12/1 4 places. His best form is on good or firm ground, and on his pedigree, firm will suit him best. This is the first time he's ran on fast ground since his G1 success at Leopardstown in September last year, which was a better race than this. Be very surprised if he isn't placed, and think he should be half the current price.

2.30A Desert Dreamer 11/1 7 places with Skybet, 12/1 4 places most other firms. Hasn't done anything wrong so far, jockey and trainer in decent enough form, token selection in a race anything could win.

6.10A Miss Mulligan 40/1 5 places. think this might outrun it's odds, has been running ok, albeit on slower ground, and might sneak a place. Think it's twice the price it should be.

Probably put the 4 above in an EW lucky 15.

4.20A It's a shame theres only 7 runners as I like My Oberon at 25/1 here. Has the form to win this, but the price puts me off, if there was 3 places, would be a bet. If I'm winning by then might stick a few £'s on just in case.

5.05U Kingston King 22/1 5 places Hills. Started it's life in better races than this, running pretty poorly. Been running ok in PTP races more recently. Low weight with Sean on board (his only ride of the day) on better ground could see him do a bit better than shown so far, the race isn't exactly overflowing with talent, and has had recent wind surgery that could also help his cause. I have a fiver free bet on Hills, might stick it on him to win by over 3 lengths when I see the prices later, should be around 100/1 I think.

Good luck if you're having a bet today.

Obviously Love should win, she was a wonderful filly last year but at the prices I'll just watch the race.

I have only backed Lafayette so far.
22/1 7 places in the 5.00.

Colin you'll be happy to know we picked different horses :laugh:

I had a couple of winners yesterday @ 11/1 ew and 9/2 win single, nothing in my lucky 15.

Today I have taken 2 against the field in the 5:00 as Skybet are paying 8 places - Maydanny and Trais Flours ( if you go back not too far in the form it was running in top class races and has now dropped down to a more manageable class).

A lucky 15 on
Kemari 3.05
Champers Elysee 3:40
Love 4:20
So I Told You 6:10

I also took Champers Elysee ew @ 11/1 and love in a single @ 11/10, that would be my banker for the meeting.

I will also take something in the two year old races as Skybet are doing 7 places and 6 places respectively.

Good luck to all having a dabble today, hoping you will get lots of winners.

The 5.00 has big priced horses written all over it so I've done a 10p R/Trifecta and 20p R/Exacta on the following just for a laugh and think they all have a decent chance of running better than the odds suggest

Lucander 40/1
Fame And Acclaim 40/1
Revich 66/1
Bell Rock 50/1
Bowerman 100/1

60 bets in the trifecta
20 bets in the exacta

This week is fast becoming a pinstickers paradise, so with that in mind heres mine for today :)

3.05 Think Mohaafeth needs taking on in this, especially at the price. He is a Frankel out of a Sea the Stars so he has to be taken on. One Ruler or Roman Empire are the two I like to take advantage if Mohaafeth doesn't like the trip, and going to go for the latter despite the quite hefty market drift. 10/1 seems a fair price to me.

3.40 Eshaada beat Gloria Mundi at Newbury and I can't see any reason why Eshaada is the higher price, so happy to back her at 13/2 4 places.

4.15 Stradivarius should really win this, but he doesn't win all the time, and at 11/10 I would rather be on something else EW. Think the ground will be too dry for the second fav, Trueshan, leaving Subjectivist as the EW choice in the race. 6/1 4 places

then just token selections

5.00 Summa Peto 12/1

5.35 Act Of Wisdom 25/1 6 places Hills

6.10 Persuasion 12/1 6 places

Lermoos Legend (13/8) should win again tonight in the 5.45, as should Beau Haze (11/4) in the 7.20. Probably put those 2 in a treble with Equus Dancer (10/11) in the 8.20. Treble pays around 18/1.

Good luck today

A couple of winners yesterday and a decent bet on Love meant that I am still in front but the handicaps havent been the kindest to me so far.

Today I will have a few EW horses and a Lucky 15:

Second Wind 2:30
Mohaafeth 3:05
Eshaada 3:40
Stradivarius 4:15

EW I think Bielsa could run a big race in the 6:10 even though its the first go over 7 furlongs - I think he can sit in behind a strong pace and come with a run in the final furlong.
Lord Protector is another I will back ew and if theres more rain today and it starts to get into the ground I will have a few quid ew on Princess Zoe in the Gold Cup, though I think Stradivarius is by far the best horse in the race.
Raadoburg looked very good on his last two runs and I would think he has every chance in the 5:00.

Good luck to everyone investing today, may your returns be big and may you give your bookie a spanking.

Not doing much today, but beware the going at Ascot is now soft and if it starts raining again, it's likely to turn heavy. It stopped about 30 minutes ago but more is likely through the morning.

With that in mind, I think Alenquer in the 3.05 is a decent bet. Aside from beating the Derby winner and today's rival Yibir at Sandown, he’ll appreciate the extra 2f and being a German bred is related to a family who love it the deeper the better (inc In Swoop) and its supposed to lash down all day today. The opposition are really poor and I’m being kind there. My main worry is Tom Marquand being on board, I'm not impressed with his style of riding usually, but he does get some winners, so not a massive negative. Currently bossted to 5/2 on PaddyPower I think this is a really good bet, and, especially if more rain comes, will be about double the SP. For an EW selection, it would have to be Gear Up.

In the 3.40 A Case Of You should love the ground, 12/1 5 places

5.00 Urban Violet is another who will like the ground, might get a place at 22/1 6 places is very big to me.

5.35 Zabeel Champion 14/1 5 places

Can't see Mo Celita being beaten by far, if at all, in the 6.10. 11/2 5 places.

Good luck today

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back