Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Couple of tips for tomorrow.

Riffaa wonder- race 1 Thirsk outright

Minzaal-race 1 Salisbury outright

Itkaann-race 7 Salisbury outright

Do as 3 singles or a double/treble/ lucky 15 (if you can find one more for the 4 fold)

2.15S Tone The Barone, 3/1. In the form of his life, won a similar race last time easily enough to suggest he should be up there in this one.

1.00W Illykato, not one for backing in Maidens usually, but think this should beat this field.

2.40W A repeat of Crystal Carole's third here last time should be enough to win this, against a field of not great horses. Would be happy to lay Kodiline here, been 4 years since he won on turf.

3.05T Julie Camacho is in good form, 11 of her last 15 runners have finished in the first 4, Burtonwood is in form, a C&D winner, decent jockey on board, 10/1 5 places most places.

Not sure if I'll have a bet today, but best bet is EW on Burtonwood. Be very suprised if he is out the first 5.

Good luck anyone having a bet, can't be wosre than yesterday :D

I had a look at the Deauville card and I decided not to bother with it. I do hope that Space Blues turns over Earthlight in the big race though.

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

7. Sonaiyla
13/2
9th Aug CURRAGH 15:40 6F STAKES 6f - Each Way
15:40 Today
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds

12. Hell Left Loose
5/1
9th Aug CURRAGH 16:50 5F HCAP 5f - Each Way
16:50 Today
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
Best odds

18. Zofar Zogood
13/2
9th Aug CURRAGH 17:25 1M STAKES 1m - Each Way
17:25 Today
Best odds

12. Frank Arthur
5/1
9th Aug CURRAGH 17:55 1M HCAP 1m - Each Way
17:55 Today
Best odds

And

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

11. King Pellinor
9/2
9th Aug DOWNPATRICK 14:55 2M 3F HURDLE 2m 2f 165yds - Each Way
14:55 Today
Best odds

1. Balinaboola Steel
6/1
9th Aug DOWNPATRICK 15:30 2M 3F HCAP HURDLE 2m 2f 165yds - Each Way
15:30 Today
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds

3. Kilganer Queen
13/2
9th Aug DOWNPATRICK 16:05 2M 6F HCAP HURDLE 2m 5f 165yds - Each Way
16:05 Today
Best odds

2. Cushinstown Finest
5/1
9th Aug DOWNPATRICK 17:15 2M 7 1/2F HCAP CHASE 2m 7f 110yds - Each Way
17:15 Today
Best odds

Good luck all if your having a bet today :)

Ladbrokes are paying 3 places on the 2.15 at Salisbury. I generally don't like betting at laddies but 3 places in a 7 runner race where there is a horse I fancy means I'll bet there.
Well done fox is 6/1 and has a great chance in my opinion, he is an ew shot to nothing.
It's a pity Happy Power(1:40) is a shade of odds on as I would back him at odds against of any sort.

Theres also one at downpatrick Rasiym 9/2(2.55)
Again I cant see him out of the first three.
Dime a dozen should win also on that card(4.05) though a little short at 6/4.

The curragh is a decent card
The 3.10 is a really nice race I would have tempted by Lir Jet but Oisin Murphy doesn't come over for the ride and I'd rather have a small ew poke on one I think is overpriced. Giorgio Vasari is a overpriced imo at 33/1 and worth a small shot.

That's about all I'll back today

Well Done Fox 2.15 Sal ew (3 places with laddies)
Happy power 1.40Sal

Rasiym 2.55 downpatrick ew
Dime a dozen downpatrick

Giorgio vasari 3.10curragh. Ew

Gl all....

I had a look at the Deauville card and I decided not to bother with it. I do hope that Space Blues turns over Earthlight in the big race though.

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

7. Sonaiyla
13/2
9th Aug CURRAGH 15:40 6F STAKES 6f - Each Way
15:40 Today
Best odds

12. Hell Left Loose
5/1
9th Aug CURRAGH 16:50 5F HCAP 5f - Each Way
16:50 Today
Best odds

18. Zofar Zogood
13/2
9th Aug CURRAGH 17:25 1M STAKES 1m - Each Way
17:25 Today
Best odds

12. Frank Arthur
5/1
9th Aug CURRAGH 17:55 1M HCAP 1m - Each Way
17:55 Today
Best odds

And

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

11. King Pellinor
9/2
9th Aug DOWNPATRICK 14:55 2M 3F HURDLE 2m 2f 165yds - Each Way
14:55 Today
Best odds

1. Balinaboola Steel
6/1
9th Aug DOWNPATRICK 15:30 2M 3F HCAP HURDLE 2m 2f 165yds - Each Way
Best odds

3. Kilganer Queen
13/2
9th Aug DOWNPATRICK 16:05 2M 6F HCAP HURDLE 2m 5f 165yds - Each Way
16:05 Today
Best odds

2. Cushinstown Finest
5/1
9th Aug DOWNPATRICK 17:15 2M 7 1/2F HCAP CHASE 2m 7f 110yds - Each Way
17:15 Today
Best odds

Good luck all if your having a bet today :)

Can't see anything beating the trigger in the 1715 but gl...

Waiting somebody to share some tip to make big dosh today (or can be tomorrow as well as long it wins) :) Still haven't found enough time to get myself to study these races to find good bets myself, it's in my things to do list, maybe in September can take two weeks off and make it full time study...

Been using some of you guys tips here and seem to be winning in last few months so owe you all beer who have posted some winners :) Just can't figure out how i could easily find some value from horses what so many people with much more experience and knowledge looking for...

Waiting somebody to share some tip to make big dosh today (or can be tomorrow as well as long it wins) :) Still haven't found enough time to get myself to study these races to find good bets myself, it's in my things to do list, maybe in September can take two weeks off and make it full time study...

Been using some of you guys tips here and seem to be winning in last few months so owe you all beer who have posted some winners :) Just can't figure out how i could easily find some value from horses what so many people with much more experience and knowledge looking for...
Value for me is when something is priced higher than I think it should be. Simple as that really.
I'll rarely back something if it's lower than I think it should be, and only sometimes if I think its the right price. If you constantly back horses that are lower priced than they should be, then you will end up in the poor house fairly quickly.
When I post stuff on here, you can tell how much I like it by the amount of waffle I give on it, and it tends to mean I've spent some time looking at it in depth. I get my selections by either picking up on something someone else mentions (but then do my own form study on it), if a certain race stands out, or sometimes its just because I've previously backed something and I check it out again. Yesterday was particularly annoying as I was waiting for Glen Shiel to run again, missed it was running yesterday and it won at 12/1 :(
I always look at the value side though, if the price is say 20/1, I ask myself, would I be happy laying it at 20/1, and if not, what would I lay it at. If I come up with say 10/1, then that will usually be a bet, don't have to be big prices either, if somethings evens and i think it should be 1/3, then it's still value to me.. Obviously I have to think they stand a good chance of being placed/winning too.

The going at Chester could be heavy by tonight, but assuming the rain holds off, then Asdaa has a decent chance of placing, and don't think it will be 12/1 by the off time. Gallipoli also has a decent chance from stall 2, but 6/1 is probably around the right price for that one.

4.25C Praise Of Shadows
5.00C Virginia Plane
6.30C Dark Pursuit
7.00C Data Protection

Going to do that EW lucky 15 for something to watch tonight, solely based on a little bit of form, but mainly the draw, seeing as it's so important at Chester.

Richard Fahey has 4 of the Gabrial horses out tonight, which I don't think I've noticed him do before, I may do a small EW lucky 15 on those too, but I'll see what the goings like first (or if it looks like theres money for them).

Value for me is in finding a number of horses in races which pay at least the first three finishers and I am able to convince myself that the price of a horse is big enough to include in an each way lucky 15.
I do this my whittling down the possible top 3/4/5 contenders based on recent form, the going,the distance of the races that it has won and placed in,the trainers form and jockey booked to ride it. Then from those I pick the best priced of them all.
Sometimes I can't find much I fancy to find 4 horses to back for a lucky 15 so I don't bother. Sometimes I'll stick a small bet on just out of interest.
However I don't bet big ever or chase loses. I have my limit for the day and that is it so I will never miss the money should I lose.
And the reason I almost always bet each way is because it gives me a much better chance of getting something back for tomorrows bet.
I am not as scientific with my betting as some are. Colinsunderland is way more informed than me.
But my attitude is the same as when I used to play poker to a degree and that is that it is not so much about how much I can win but how little I lose.

Last edited:
4.25C Praise Of Shadows
5.00C Virginia Plane
6.30C Dark Pursuit
7.00C Data Protection

Going to do that EW lucky 15 for something to watch tonight, solely based on a little bit of form, but mainly the draw, seeing as it's so important at Chester.

Richard Fahey has 4 of the Gabrial horses out tonight, which I don't think I've noticed him do before, I may do a small EW lucky 15 on those too, but I'll see what the goings like first (or if it looks like theres money for them).
I recall quite a few Gabrial horses turn out at the same meeting at least once before and at least once they where at a ITV or Ch4 meeting but it was quite a while ago.

These are my small ones for this afternoon

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

5. Pride Of Parish
11/2
10th Aug SOUTHWELL 13:15 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 0f 60y - Each Way
13:15 Today
Best odds

9. Collodi
17/2
10th Aug SOUTHWELL 15:45 HANDICAP HURDLE 1m 7f 182y - Each Way
15:45 Today
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
Best odds

2. No Quarter Asked
5/1
10th Aug SOUTHWELL 16:45 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 88y - Each Way
16:45 Today
Best odds

8. Molliana
15/2
10th Aug SOUTHWELL 17:20 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 88y - Each Way
17:20 Today
Best odds

And

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

6. Charlies Jamboree
9/2
10th Aug LEICESTER 14:00 EVENT 0m 7f 0y - Each Way
14:00 Today
Best odds

2. Mashmoom
9/2
10th Aug LEICESTER 14:30 EVENT 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
14:30 Today
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 2 Places
Best odds

3. Mr Wagyu
9/2
10th Aug LEICESTER 15:30 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
Best odds

5. Dargel
4/1
10th Aug LEICESTER 17:00 HANDICAP 1m 0f 53y - Each Way
17:00 Today
Best odds

Good luck for today :)

Each way treble.

Can I ask, why did you put the bet on last night rather than wait for this morning when BOG kicks in?
I rarely back before the morning as there are so many variables that can affect the price, like the 1.30, you took 4/1, if there was a couple of NR's you could have a 20p R4 on top of that, yet its around 7/1 now.
I know a lot of people bet the night before, I just don't understand why lol.

It's different for ante post as you are obviously getting much higher prices, which takes into account the risk, but unless theres a big gamble expected I never see the logic in betting 12 hours early :(

Just interested in why people do it :)

Can I ask, why did you put the bet on last night rather than wait for this morning when BOG kicks in?
I rarely back before the morning as there are so many variables that can affect the price, like the 1.30, you took 4/1, if there was a couple of NR's you could have a 20p R4 on top of that, yet its around 7/1 now.
I know a lot of people bet the night before, I just don't understand why lol.

It's different for ante post as you are obviously getting much higher prices, which takes into account the risk, but unless theres a big gamble expected I never see the logic in betting 12 hours early :(

Just interested in why people do it :)

I still get best odds guaranteed on my bet. On Ladbrokes and Paddy they adjust it to give you best odds at post time.

Also people in forums(not here) were moaning that they didn't have enough notice to place their bets.

ok, so juvenile hurdle at Ballinrobe (4.40)

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
most certainly has the form to win this, easily. Obviously you can't judge the newcomers, but 12/1 was massive, now down to around 8's, but still value in what looks, on paper, a pretty poor race. Its rare the yard has a jumps runner (only 15 in the last 5 years). The major concern for me is that it's over a year since they had a winner.

Obviously the 2 dangers are Sister Eliza & Calidus Mirabilis but as they are from Elliot and O'Brian, they are half the price they should be in my view.

I still get best odds guaranteed on my bet. On Ladbrokes and Paddy they adjust it to give you best odds at post time.

Also people in forums(not here) were moaning that they didn't have enough notice to place their bets.
Ah right, is that an account concession you have or has it changed recently, as a couple of weeks ago it was from from 8am on the day of the race. Ladbrokes are day of the race too usually, not sure what time it starts though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back