Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Wob-Wob-Wob 1st
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the last for a decent return. Some nice racing in Ireland this evening too

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

W
2. Ilaraab
7/2
12th May YORK 13:40 HANDICAP 1m 3f 188y - Each Way
13:40 12 May 2021

Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
Best odds

P
15. Woven
13/2
12th May YORK 14:10 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
14:10 12 May 2021

Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
Best odds

W
8. Wobwobwob
8/1
12th May YORK 15:40 HANDICAP 0m 7f 0y - Each Way
15:40 12 May 2021

Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
Best odds

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
Best odds

I've backed Kind review EW in the opener at York because it is at a big price and I think it has a good chance of placing. PP pays 6 places.

Here is mine at York. Good luck if your having a punt today

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

2. Count DOrsay
9/2
13th May YORK 13:40 HANDICAP 0m 5f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
3. Brunch
4/1
13th May YORK 14:40 HANDICAP 0m 7f 192y - Each Way
6. Hurricane Lane
13/2
13th May YORK 15:10 EVENT 1m 2f 56y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
8. Sashenka
8/1
13th May YORK 16:50 HANDICAP 2m 0f 56y - Each Way
Best odds

3.10Y Roman Empire 33/1 4 places. Obviously the stable second string, but Coolmore do have the second string beat the first on occasion. Hollie's in decent form at the moment, as are the stable, and 4 places in a 10 runner race gives it a pretty decent chance.

1.40Y Indian Sounds 22/1 6 places. Formerly trained by Mark Johnston, now trained by Paul Midgley who is renowned for his 5f sprinters, he gets in here off a low weight, and certainly has a chance to finish in the first 6.

2.40Y Gloves Lynch 40/1 4 places. This is the longshot of the day, but gets in here off a very low weight, but is in good form on the AW and while I think a place is the best they can hope for, I think it's more of a 16/1 chance than 40/1.

4.50Y Sashenka 11/1. Decent enough form over this type of trip, both on flat and over hurdles, has a chance of being placed.

Sean's only ride of the day is Test Ride in the 5.55 at Fontwell. It's around a 400 mile round trip for him to make, which suggests he expects to get some prize money. He had 3 big priced seconds yesterday. he doesn't often ride for the trainer, who is out of form at the moment, which does temper confidence a bit. Currently 15/2 Will wait till a bit later before I decide to back it or not though.

Good luck today.

(couple of prices have dropped cos i wrote this an hour ago and forgot to post it haha)

3.10Y Roman Empire 33/1 4 places. Obviously the stable second string, but Coolmore do have the second string beat the first on occasion. Hollie's in decent form at the moment, as are the stable, and 4 places in a 10 runner race gives it a pretty decent chance.

1.40Y Indian Sounds 22/1 6 places. Formerly trained by Mark Johnston, now trained by Paul Midgley who is renowned for his 5f sprinters, he gets in here off a low weight, and certainly has a chance to finish in the first 6.

2.40Y Gloves Lynch 40/1 4 places. This is the longshot of the day, but gets in here off a very low weight, but is in good form on the AW and while I think a place is the best they can hope for, I think it's more of a 16/1 chance than 40/1.

4.50Y Sashenka 11/1. Decent enough form over this type of trip, both on flat and over hurdles, has a chance of being placed.

Sean's only ride of the day is Test Ride in the 5.55 at Fontwell. It's around a 400 mile round trip for him to make, which suggests he expects to get some prize money. He had 3 big priced seconds yesterday. he doesn't often ride for the trainer, who is out of form at the moment, which does temper confidence a bit. Currently 15/2 Will wait till a bit later before I decide to back it or not though.

Good luck today.

(couple of prices have dropped cos i wrote this an hour ago and forgot to post it haha)
The Bowen's have been in fine form lately.I keep banging on about how good I think she is but Laura Pearson only has one ride today and it is well worth an EW punt . Good luck with yours :thumbsup:

I'm going to back a few tonight as I think the prices will contract by tomorrow, risking losing BOG though.

I think Sean will have a decent day tomorrow so doing an EW treble on

1.40B Loch Garman Aris 6/1
3.25B Miss Jeanne Moon 7/2
5.05B Ready To Please 33/1 (Paddy Power, being backed in already, 25/1 - 28/1 most other firms)

Two others I like are

3.35N My Oberon 11/1
1.50N Happy Romance 13/2

Weirdly Simon Holt has tipped them both up on the Sporting Life, so they are likely to have money for them at some point.

Probably do some more tomorrow. Good luck to anyone having a bet :)

The prices have almost halved on the first two of Sean's this morning.
They have stayed roughly the same on the 2 others I put up, so putting these two in an EW lucky 15 with them

3.00N Tamborrada 11/2 4 places
3.15N Barney's Bay 12/1 6 places

Good Luck

Screenshot_20210515-091826_Chrome.jpg

Here are your 4 to avoid today lol.
I realised about 5secs after I pressed confirm that the bottom one is only two places. Not too concerned as they'll all win,right?:rolleyes:

Had decent success doing a few bets on over 2.5 goals and the likes this past week. It's a time of year where games can be almost meaningless and theres a hatful of goals in them. Just look at Newcastle/City last night.

As always a couple of small golf punts too.

Gl all having a bet.

I'm going to back a few tonight as I think the prices will contract by tomorrow, risking losing BOG though.

I think Sean will have a decent day tomorrow so doing an EW treble on

1.40B Loch Garman Aris 6/1
3.25B Miss Jeanne Moon 7/2
5.05B Ready To Please 33/1 (Paddy Power, being backed in already, 25/1 - 28/1 most other firms)

Two others I like are

3.35N My Oberon 11/1
1.50N Happy Romance 13/2

Weirdly Simon Holt has tipped them both up on the Sporting Life, so they are likely to have money for them at some point.

Probably do some more tomorrow. Good luck to anyone having a bet :)

Good start, easy win for Seans first one, got bit under 4/1 from exchange.

Think Thunderous is nailed on for a place at least in the 2.25m Gosden/Dettori on the second favourite are right out of form, hardly any winners recently, and being beaten on short priced favourites. The favourite is the likely winner though.

Think Thunderous is nailed on for a place at least in the 2.25m Gosden/Dettori on the second favourite are right out of form, hardly any winners recently, and being beaten on short priced favourites. The favourite is the likely winner though.

Favourite didn't have to do much here, looked pretty easy. Made forecast with Thunderous 6/1, cheers Col :cheers:

I watched this race today, result was never in doubt. 40/1 in to 3/1, in the minute or so before the race it went from 8/1 to 3/1, was returned at 10/3.
This was a proper gamble, so well timed and organised and looks like it caught the bookies cold.

Last edited:
Seems to be a lot of gambles going on today on the 4 Jardine runners.

I had a quick look at the racing last night, and quite liked Jump The Gun in the 2.45C at around 9/1, EW. Woke up this morning and it's best priced 13/8! So thats been scratched off the list, wouldn't take 13/8 about a horse in a 15 runner handicap.

Another with a big market move is Tomily in the 1.35C, was 16/1 yesterday, now 9/4.

3.40R Wiganese, another that was 16/1 yesterday, now 13/8.

5.00C Flood Defence, 8/1 yesterday, 6/4 now.

Good luck today

I like two at Notts today. Just Jacob outright and a small ew on Crestwood at a lovely 67/1! And Gainsbourg is 3rd pick same race definitely each way claims.

Last edited:
Doing ok today. The races all starting straight after each other barely any time to tip any...

Attachments

• 8F7CCEA0-68AE-453D-8627-DC73D84940D1.png
    8F7CCEA0-68AE-453D-8627-DC73D84940D1.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 6
  • C5DEB674-6CE0-437F-A044-6D916A622C75.png
    C5DEB674-6CE0-437F-A044-6D916A622C75.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 0CC77CC8-F9E1-4C80-B0D1-C73E4DE71CED.png
    0CC77CC8-F9E1-4C80-B0D1-C73E4DE71CED.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 6
I think Iron Port should win very easily tonight in the 8.10W. Sean travelling there for a late night ride isn't usual, especially when you look at the card and see he could have had other rides tonight. It's not too far to travel, but still a couple of hundred mile round trip. Don't think the 10lb rise will stop him winning this, as it looks a worse race on paper than his last one.
Was 5/1 yesterday but the favourite being a non runner has meant his price has dropped to around 13/8, I'll probably do a couple of lengthen the odds bets to get a better price, over 5l 9/2 and over 10l 12/1, plus a few quid to win to cover the 2 LTO bets just in case he wins by a neck or something :)

Good luck today

@geordiecolin you ok mate? Not seen you post for a while, hope you're ok

I think Iron Port should win very easily tonight in the 8.10W. Sean travelling there for a late night ride isn't usual, especially when you look at the card and see he could have had other rides tonight. It's not too far to travel, but still a couple of hundred mile round trip. Don't think the 10lb rise will stop him winning this, as it looks a worse race on paper than his last one.
Was 5/1 yesterday but the favourite being a non runner has meant his price has dropped to around 13/8, I'll probably do a couple of lengthen the odds bets to get a better price, over 5l 9/2 and over 10l 12/1, plus a few quid to win to cover the 2 LTO bets just in case he wins by a neck or something :)

Good luck today

@geordiecolin you ok mate? Not seen you post for a while, hope you're ok
A ton of non runners in that race now. 8 I think?

I would have fancied An Tailluir but he is pulled out. Iron Port is priced about right. A little too short for my liking considering the ground later soften even more I think.

Gl with the bet.

A ton of non runners in that race now. 8 I think?

I would have fancied An Tailluir but he is pulled out. Iron Port is priced about right. A little too short for my liking considering the ground later soften even more I think.

Gl with the bet.
A bit short for me too being honest, 13/8 was short enough, now 11/8 in most places. I'll wait until closer to the off see if it drifts again, but I'll probably end up sticking with the distance bets :)

16 lengths winner :)

The 2,000 Guineas at the Curragh (3.20) tomorrow is a tricky race considering the ground is very heavy.
I certainly wouldn't be backing Lucky Vega a short odds on this ground, and Van Gough's price has gone, not a fan of the horse myself but there's no denying that he has a good chance here.
Mac Swiney loves heavy but the jockeys 4% strike rate is enough to put me off, especially at 6/1.
I'm settling on Battleground, really by default rather than any real confidence. Currently 14/1 (5 Places PP) has to be worth a small EW bet, should like the ground (has won on soft), was backed into 9/2f for the Guineas at Newmarket so clearly plenty was expected of him but he didn’t seem to handle the track so this should be much better for him.

My EW lucky 15 for today, don't think today's a good day for punting really, the ground is going to throw up some weird results, so just going to do the bet for a bit of interest this afternoon.

3.50Y Sunday Sovereign 16/1 PP 4 places
2.25H Dash Of Spice 20/1
3.15Y Daawy 14/1 5 places
3.20C Battleground 12/1 4 places

Good luck today

The guineas in curragh is a bit of a muddler alright.

La Barossa at 10/1 has my small each way bet.
The rain only really stopped coming late last night so I'd expect the track to cut up a lot.

With the bottomless ground in mind I've had a small ew bet on friendly for sundays 1000 guineas at 100/1. Obv its the runt of O Briens entries but it should go off at a decent clip and if the ground causes issues for those behind it may hold on for a place.

Other than that I'll just be laying a few favs on the exchanges and watching the golf as I have two players backed that are in contention.

Hope Sunderland can get an early goal and get themselves back in the tie in the L1 playoff.

Gl all having a bet.

Just on the 3.15 Curragh tomorrow. The 1000Guineas form at Newmarket could be anything Fahey sending Fev Rover who was third and she is only 3rd fav tells you all you need to know.
The top two in the market both hold decent form lines but no guarantee they are progressive.

With that in mind I cannot figure why Miss Amulet is so big in price. Far from disgraced when third in the breeders cup juvenile and plenty of other good form including a nice run at Newmarket prior to that. It is in all likelihood overpriced simply due to being Ken Condon trained in my opinion. If it was O Brien trained it would be half the price.

So I have a few pennies ew on friendly like I said at massive prices.
I've added Miss Amulet each way also. 4 places 14/1 with Bet365.( shop around for 4 places)

Hill's have a special, over 1 goal in each premier league match, priced up at 11/2. Most bookies are around 2.9/1 (PaddyPower) to about 3.9/1 (Ladbrokes) for over 1.5, so that seems a decent price, and also a decent bet considering it's the final day of the season.

Not as likely, but, again a decent price is Liverpool, Chelsea & Leicester Each To Win By 2 Or More Goals - Was 9/1 Now 11/1.

Racings shite today, but Sean's doing a 600 mile round trip for Kapsize today in the 3.05 at Fakenham. Peter's only runner at the meeting too. 3 mile on testing ground is where Sean excels so having a bet on that, probably do some distance bets too again, 7/2 to win, over 5l 9/1 over 10l 18/1

Couple of shorter priced ones

2.05C Broome 6/5. Ryan Moore said he was just toying with them last time out when he won hard held, he's going abroad after this so will want to win, unbeaten in 5 starts over this distance, likes soft and is Moore's coice out of 3 good horses in the race. Wouldn't surprise me if this gets backed into odds on before the race and wins easily.

2.05C Erzindjan 3/1. Think this is the best horse in the race by far, will like the ground and should beat these. Main concern is the jockey and trainer form, they aren't exactly banging the winners in, but a lot of the runners have been double figure odds, so not a massive negative, and as I was reminded yesterday in the big race, even a 4% strike rate shouldn't put you off backing something if you think it's most likely to win :(

Totally agree with your post above Ken, it's a lottery as to what will win that.

Good luck if you're having a bet today.

Jesus that over 1 goal bet on Hills is a great price. Win or lose it is a great price! Unfortunately I am restricted there for having 20quid on a 7/2 winner last year ffs.

Just a heads up to anyone backing in the 2.05 Curragh its money back as a free bet 2,3,4th with Paddy Power up to 10 eur. For that reason I stuck a tenner on Hector de Maris at 10/1. Ryan Moore rides and it wasnt as bad a run last time in the derby trial as it looks.

I agree Broome will on all known form win handy in the 2.40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back