Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Balko Des Flos @101.0
Minella Times @11.0
Talkischeap @41.0
Sub Lieutenant @51.0
Bristol De Mai @29.0

Pure random selections, if any of these gets even near, i can write case afterwards :D Best of luck for all, loads to bet this weekend in different sports.

Change odds from fractional to decimal and you just get double figure :D
Great betting. You can start writing your case for the first two now :)

I'm pretty pleased with my first bet. It was just a shame I had a none runner but it helped my return with the two winners

It was given a fantastic ride by Rachelle but she deserved a huge crowd to cheer her in

Just as a comparison to the Irish National tote returns, the ones for this one were

Ex: £2,053.30
CSF: £882.65

Tricast: £8,593.94
Trifecta: £35,431.20

So a massive difference doing it on the tote

Well done to all those who got a win :)

If only I had included Knappers Hill in my main bet :(

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way
W
6. Prioritise
8/1
10th Apr WOLVERHAMPTON 18:15 EVENT 1m 0f 142y - Each Way
18:15 10 April 2021
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
W
10. Knappers Hill
15/2 8/1
10th Apr AINTREE 18:20 FLAT 2m 0f 209y - Each Way
18:20 10 April 2021
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
8. Twice As Likely
11/2
10th Apr WOLVERHAMPTON 19:45 HANDICAP 0m 6f 20y - Each Way
5. Muftakker
5/2
10th Apr WOLVERHAMPTON 20:15 HANDICAP 2m 0f 120y - Each Way

Great betting. You can start writing your case for the first two now :)
Picture does it better than words in this case and was easily available :D

For my betting two first could swap but happy for Rachael, she deserved it (and i got better return from place than from winner). Great year for Henry De Bromhead and of course Rachael Blackmore.

1618076399529.png

Picture does it better than words in this case and was easily available :D

For my betting two first could swap but happy for Rachael, she deserved it (and i got better return from place than from winner). Great year for Henry De Bromhead and of course Rachael Blackmore.

View attachment 153512
My first three have all won and I am toying with the idea of cashing out for a 70x profit or scooping about 200x if it wins?

I'll be very surprised if Robin of Sherwood doesn't win the 4.00 at Warwick today.
The original favourite in the race, Goodnight Charlie, doesn't seem to see this trip out, think he will lead till between the last two fences and RoS will come past him and win quite easily, by 5+ lengths :)
Honestly can't see anything else troubling them in the race.
Nothing else I fancy today.
Good luck all.

I agree as regards the original fav. Your only concern should be seeing out the extra distance. Gl with it.

Only one I fancy at a price.

Silver service 3.15 Leopardstown.
PP pay 5 places so I like the 11/1.
Had what I hope was a sharpener at Gowran a few days ago. Has won here before off a similar mark. Trip and ground no problem. Good value at 11's imo.

Plenty of other sport on today that I'll turn my eye to as most of the racing is poor in honesty.

I will be watching Spurs v Man Utd in PL.
Good 1/4 finals In European cup of rugby also.
Finished off with the masters. I'll likely do some 2 ball match betting in that as Justin Thomas was my main pick for the win but threw away his chance with a triple bogey 8 at a par5 :rolleyes:

Gl all having a punt.

Henry de Bromhead has now won more British prizemoney this season than Nicky Henderson £1,514,072 against £1,387,461.

8 wins & 6 places compared to 96 wins & 109 places.

:eek:

Maybe now after Brexit there could be some extra penalty introduced for horses trained outside of UK (Irish trainers moaning about their weights anyway every year so no big difference) :) Hopefully racing gets more money in it in UK, would guess that in this also, that's quite a big factor and best horses go where best money is available.

It's quite tight who's gonna be champion jockey in Jumpers

Brian Hughes 137
Harry Skelton 135
Harry Cobden 123

Two weeks to go i think?

I've just took a few small ones today and this is my Irish bet. Good luck all that are having a bet

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

5. Horoscope
9/2
11th Apr LEOPARDSTOWN 14:10 7F STAKES 7f - Each Way
2. Pulse Of Shanghai
9/1
11th Apr LEOPARDSTOWN 15:15 7F HCAP 7f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
6. Irwin
13/2
11th Apr LEOPARDSTOWN 16:20 1M 2F HCAP 1m 2f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 3 Places
4. Shona Mea
6/1
11th Apr LEOPARDSTOWN 16:50 1M HCAP 1m - Each Way
Best odds

I'll be very surprised if Robin of Sherwood doesn't win the 4.00 at Warwick today.
The original favourite in the race, Goodnight Charlie, doesn't seem to see this trip out, think he will lead till between the last two fences and RoS will come past him and win quite easily, by 5+ lengths :)
Honestly can't see anything else troubling them in the race.
Nothing else I fancy today.
Good luck all.

Cheers, quite how it happened (didn't watch who was the other horse he left behind quite easily in the end) with quite nice odds, especially when placed bit more inplay.

3.30H Colorado Doc Sean has travelled a long way to ride this, around a 400 mile round trip, he tends not to do that unless he is expecting some prize money. If it manages to run to the same level it did last time when it was second, then he should win this.

3.20R Dawaaleeb. Missed the price on this, was 9/1 earlier when I was looking at it, down to around 6/1 now. Went too quick in front, and didn't last home in the well run Spring Mile. This drop in class & sharper track should suit better. The favourite offers no value at all at odds on, and while it might win, there shoudln't, in my view, be such a difference in price between them.

1.50R Russellinthebushes seems to be a gamble on this, and a decent amount of money on Betfair too, so looks a genuine one. Probably going to leave this race as I prefer Empress Sheba, but the weight of money on Russellinthebushes suggests the stable are expecting it to win. Was 15/2 pretty much everywhere last night, into around 2/1 now.

2.05 Fairview Think Encryption will win this, and pretty certain it's an EW bet to nothing. Currently 5/1.
Good luck today

Not racing, but a quick one on the match tonight with paddypower

Everton to Win Both Halves & Everton to Have Most Corners in Each Half 225/1 (with boost, 200/1 without)

Certainly not a guaranteed win, but I think the odds are far too big for that bet. If the game was played 225 times, I would expect to win it more than once, therefore it's value in my eyes.

Not racing, but a quick one on the match tonight with paddypower

Everton to Win Both Halves & Everton to Have Most Corners in Each Half 225/1 (with boost, 200/1 without)

Certainly not a guaranteed win, but I think the odds are far too big for that bet. If the game was played 225 times, I would expect to win it more than once, therefore it's value in my eyes.

Think they saw one bet placed with above odds and corrected them bit :) Think it's still quite a generous price but myt bets with Neverton are done some years ago...

1618231023828.png

3.55N Symbolize 3rd in last season's Jersey, disappointed since, but they were better races than this, and gelded as a consequence. Goes well fresh and on today's ground. 12/1 4 places (11/1 5 places with skybet). EW, just putting this up before I look at anything else as think the price might drop a bit throughout the morning.

Another single ride for Sean today, in the 2.55NA. Go Long, currently 5/2, has a good chance here. I may do a lengthen the odds bet on it, depending on the prices, as I think the distance will suit Go Long better than Sir Sholokhov, and Go Long has been running in much better races than Sir Sholokhov has. Sean is riding better than Daryl Jacob at the moment and Evan Williams is in better form out the two trainers. Not doing big stakes, as 3 runner races quite often throw up weird results, with the pace being wrong a lot of the time. Ballyhall would have a chance on his form from 2/3 years ago, but hasn't really shown any sign of getting close to that level again recently, so happy to think he won't be up there at the end of the race.

Nothing else I can see jumping off the page today, good luck if you're having a bet today

I watched Laura Pearson yesterday win again with a beautiful ride on an outsider. 2 runs,1 winner and a placed horse. Her stats are really good. I think that she is a very good prospect.

Good luck with your bets today :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

11. Mahons Glory
11/4
13th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 15:40 2M 4F HURDLE 2m 4f - Each Way
10. Notalossla
10/1
13th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 16:45 2M HURDLE 2m - Each Way
10. Paulas Prayer
8/1
13th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 17:15 2M HCAP HURDLE 2m - Each Way
13. An Marcach
4/1
13th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 18:45 2M 5F HCAP CHASE 2m 5f 50yds - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
Best odds

Was at work so only did one bet today as never really fancied anything.

Expect it to lose in next race but least i got run for money.

Just thought it was worth a shot as great value considering races were not biggest of fields and all four horses were favourite or 2nd favourite from top trainer and jockey.

Single To Win (Boosted)

Magical Land (1:00) Noble Dynasty (2:10) Secret Protector (3:20) & Eastern World (3:55) To Finish in First 2 Was 11/1 @ +1530OutrightOpen
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Nothing really jumps off the page today, so doing a small EW Lucky 15

1.50N Stone Of Destiny 10/1
2.05C Benatar 7/1
3.15C Reve 16/1
3.35N Ventura Diamond 14/1

One that is interesting, and will likely lose, but is worth a couple of £ EW just incase, is Wirraway in the 6.15K. Currently 150/1 B365, 125/1 elsewhere, he's an interesting ex Godolphin horse which cost $490,000 as a yearling, but remained unraced until last year when he was 4 years old and had lost his manhood on the way. Apparently well thought of it will be interesting to see how he goes here, particularly after Frankie gave him such an “educational” first race. He's obviously had issues with only that one racecourse appearance and now aged five, but if he runs close to what he was thought able to then might not be far away.

Good luck everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back