Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Two of yesterday's lots doubled in price before the off. Needless to say I returned less than I invested :rolleyes:

Obviously I did a very similar bet today lol.
Every one of the four horses I picked in Ireland is in a race with an extra place.
Screenshot_20210404-120413_Chrome.jpg

I've also had a sneaky tenner each way on Breakeven on his own. I know Townend has been schooling at Thomas Mullins all winter so theres probably nothing in it but the last time he rode the horse they got on really well. I'm hoping he still has a couple of lbs in hand. At 15/2 5places I'm happy to have a little nibble.

I've also laid a few on the exchanges. All for small stakes as I'm still familiarising myself with the site. I did lay chelsea at 1/4 and a couple of odds on horses in running which meant I made a little profit yesterday on the exchanges.

Gl all having a punt and happy easter.

Good luck with your bets Ken. I had all of my nags in a ew lucky 31 place across Lingfield and Newcastle yesterday which made me come out about even on the day. I'm looking forward to Fairyhouse tomorrow as I've my eye on a few decent priced runners
I've a few on again today so I'll post of from Ireland and one English

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

17. Regina Dracones
13/2
4th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 14:20 2M 4F HCAP HURDLE 2m 4f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
12. Royal Illusion
7/1
4th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 15:20 2M 4F HURDLE 2m 4f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
13. Steer Clear
15/2
4th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 16:25 2M 1/2F HCAP CHASE 2m 150yds - Each Way
4. Conflated
17/2
4th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 17:00 2M 4F CHASE 2m 4f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds

And

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

4. Aguerooo
9/2
4th Apr SOUTHWELL 13:00 HANDICAP 0m 4f 214y - Each Way
3. Lady Tremaine
11/2
4th Apr MARKET RASEN 13:10 MAIDEN HURDLE 2m 0f 125y - Each Way
3. Fletch
10/3
4th Apr MARKET RASEN 14:10 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 139y - Each Way
5. Jumping Cats
4/1
4th Apr PLUMPTON 16:31 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 114y - Each Way
Best odds

How did everyone do today?

Can't believe I missed Josie’s Orders running today, I've backed it loads of times (including the time it won the Cheltenham x-country and the others) and didn't notice it today, ah well, only a 100/1 winner I missed :(

Oh well, no doubt my 100/1 National selection will win to make up for it, oh wait, nope lost my £5 on that as it's a non runner.

Didn't have one placed Saturday either, so this is a good start to April :)

Normally I would go out tomorrow with the bairn, but as the forecast is snow, rain, strong winds and sub zero temperatures for some of the day, think I'll probably be staying in to watch the racing, and Sunderland win an extremely important 6 pointer.

Will be doing an EW lucky 15 on

2.50R Challet 7/1
3.25R Gale Force Maya 5/1
1.00C No Quarter Asked 8/1 5 places
4.02K Pretty In Grey 14/1

The interesting one for me is Sean's ride, Dr Robin, in the 3.45C. If Peter has him fit he should win this easily. However, previous history shows he tends not to run well after a break, and it's 18 months since he last raced, so I think I'm backing that that won't be a problem this time than anything else. 10/1 seems overpriced to me, but think he will either win by a wide margin, or not get placed, don't think theres an in between with this one. So I'll have a couple of quid on to win, but also a couple of quid on him to win by 5l and 10l, which there aren't prices for yet, but assuming he's still 10's tomorrow, should be around 33-1 and 50/66-1 respectively.

The Irish National. this is a really high class field, better than the main National in my view. That does make it harder to pick a winner though so I'll be doing rfc's and rtricasts on these. Sempo has been widely touted as a plot horse for this for a while now, and was backed in from 33/1 to 8/1. Currently around 12's. Off You Go tends to be aimed at big races like this, and has to be included at 20/1. Robin De Carlow with Rachael Blackmore on can't be overlooked. The Big Dog is ridden by Jamie Codd who rides well here and is in great form, although the trainer not so much. Will be perming those 4.
Obviously Latest Exhibition might win this, but he has never ran over a trip close to this, and I think 9/2 is far too short for it. I also like Discordantly at big odds, but didn't want more than 4 horses in the perms, so it got left out. No prizes for guessing what will win, if any do from the ones I've mentioned :D

Doing a small EW Luck 15 on these no hopers all at Fairyhouse

2.05 Jon Ess 16/1 5 places
2.40 Coventry 16/1
3.50 Sixshooter 14/1
5.40 Rocky's Silver 20/1 4 places

Good luck everyone.

I laid every single favourite in UK today and it actually turned a small profit.
I also laid brighton at 1-0 up. They were odds on at half time so took a chance and it paid off.

I saw Josies Orders won at 100/1 and checked the date on the results page to make sure it was today's results and not the archives lol.
I also remember the x country wins and the banks course wins at punchestown too.

Robin De Carlow is my main national pick. 6 places if the horse is fit and given the trainer I'm sure it will be 16/1 is fair.
Court Maid is one I've had in the notebook for a while ( I think I tipped it up here when he won at fairyhouse before) and has won over C&D. 20/1 again is fair.

Like you say though. You could make a case for almost all of them.

Really good card overall there tomorrow. my old pal Jeff Kidder who won at 80/1 goes tomorrow. In a strong race though the fav Teaupoo is very difficult to beat I think.

Fakir D'oudaries is a shade of odds on too but will likely win.

I believe if Sunderland win tomorrow they will see it out and go up as champions.

I’ve backed Enjoy D’Allen ew @ 28/1 on BoyleSports for the national tomorrow, 7 places and BOG. It’s improved throughout the season and although it’s got hiked up in the weights I think it will be running on well at the death and could sneak a place.
I’ll have a look in the morning and see if there’s anything else to back in the race, I don’t mind doing a couple of bigger price horses in a race like this when they pay 7 places.
Good luck to all having a bet tomorrow, hopefully it will be a better day than today , 2 lucky 15s and 3 horses ew , not a cent of a return.

Kellyiscool is shoed in for the 315. It would be unusual for it to run because it ran today. I've seen many horses run two days in a row on the flat but never over the sticks.

Here are mine for tomorrow but I will probably be adding to it tomorrow. Good luck with your bets and good luck to Sunderland. We may well have a local derby again next season :p

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

5th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 14:05 2M HCAP HURDLE 2m - Each Way
10. Fighting Fit
11/2
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 5 Places
5th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 15:15 2M 6F HCAP HURDLE 2m 6f - Each Way
11. Millen To One
6/1
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 5 Places
5th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 17:00 3M 5F HCAP CHASE 3m 5f 50yds - Each Way
20. Run Wild Fred
10/1
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 6 Places
5th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 17:40 3M 1/2F HCAP CHASE 3m 150yds - Each Way
13. Lord Lariat
11/2
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 4 Places

How did everyone do today?

Can't believe I missed Josie’s Orders running today, I've backed it loads of times (including the time it won the Cheltenham x-country and the others) and didn't notice it today, ah well, only a 100/1 winner I missed :(

Oh well, no doubt my 100/1 National selection will win to make up for it, oh wait, nope lost my £5 on that as it's a non runner.

Didn't have one placed Saturday either, so this is a good start to April :)

Normally I would go out tomorrow with the bairn, but as the forecast is snow, rain, strong winds and sub zero temperatures for some of the day, think I'll probably be staying in to watch the racing, and Sunderland win an extremely important 6 pointer.

Will be doing an EW lucky 15 on

2.50R Challet 7/1
3.25R Gale Force Maya 5/1
1.00C No Quarter Asked 8/1 5 places
4.02K Pretty In Grey 14/1

The interesting one for me is Sean's ride, Dr Robin, in the 3.45C. If Peter has him fit he should win this easily. However, previous history shows he tends not to run well after a break, and it's 18 months since he last raced, so I think I'm backing that that won't be a problem this time than anything else. 10/1 seems overpriced to me, but think he will either win by a wide margin, or not get placed, don't think theres an in between with this one. So I'll have a couple of quid on to win, but also a couple of quid on him to win by 5l and 10l, which there aren't prices for yet, but assuming he's still 10's tomorrow, should be around 33-1 and 50/66-1 respectively.

The Irish National. this is a really high class field, better than the main National in my view. That does make it harder to pick a winner though so I'll be doing rfc's and rtricasts on these. Sempo has been widely touted as a plot horse for this for a while now, and was backed in from 33/1 to 8/1. Currently around 12's. Off You Go tends to be aimed at big races like this, and has to be included at 20/1. Robin De Carlow with Rachael Blackmore on can't be overlooked. The Big Dog is ridden by Jamie Codd who rides well here and is in great form, although the trainer not so much. Will be perming those 4.
Obviously Latest Exhibition might win this, but he has never ran over a trip close to this, and I think 9/2 is far too short for it. I also like Discordantly at big odds, but didn't want more than 4 horses in the perms, so it got left out. No prizes for guessing what will win, if any do from the ones I've mentioned :D

Doing a small EW Luck 15 on these no hopers all at Fairyhouse

2.05 Jon Ess 16/1 5 places
2.40 Coventry 16/1
3.50 Sixshooter 14/1
5.40 Rocky's Silver 20/1 4 places

Good luck everyone.
I did pretty crap today but then my bets where small. I'm presuming the bookies are saving their free bets for next weekend?

ffs the big dog a non runner, so in goes Discordantly instead.

Dr Robin got 31.04/1 for over 5l and 56.5/1 for over 10l, both with odds boost, which is fair enough considering the non runners. Was going to stick £2 on 20l at 200/1 but it changed to 175/1 as I was putting it on so fuck them :)

I've not put as many bets on that I thought I would today but here are a few more. Good luck to everyone who is having a punt :thumbsup:

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

6. Nazine
14/1
5th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 14:40 2M HURDLE 2m - Each Way
14:40 Today
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 2 Places
3. Castlegrace Paddy
16/1
5th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 16:20 2M 4F CHASE 2m 4f - Each Way
16. Enjoy Dallen
33/1
5th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 17:00 3M 5F HCAP CHASE 3m 5f 50yds - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
11. The Gunner Murphy
15/4
5th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 17:40 3M 1/2F HCAP CHASE 3m 150yds - Each Way
Best odds

And

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

7. Alba De Tormes
11/2
5th Apr REDCAR 14:15 HANDICAP 0m 7f 219y - Each Way
9. Fortamour
7/1
5th Apr REDCAR 15:25 HANDICAP 0m 5f 217y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 3 Places
1. Sir Oliver
15/4
5th Apr REDCAR 15:58 HANDICAP 0m 5f 217y - Each Way
2. Royal Guard
4/1
5th Apr REDCAR 16:30 HANDICAP 0m 5f 217y - Each Way
2. Travel Lightly
4/1
5th Apr REDCAR 17:07 HANDICAP 1m 7f 217y - Each Way
Best odds

Well I bet there wasn't many got that winner of the National! If I had picked 25 horses out, I wouldn't have picked that one......best I did was Sempco in 5th at 20/1, well done with your 40/1 3rd @geordiecolin
I never expected a front runner to be able to finish that race off. What a great performance that was

wtaf

Ex: €1,811.40
CSF: €1,162.45
Tricast: €42,221.16
Trifecta: €3,549

The tote always pays more than the fc/tc when theres big priced horses involved, and it did on the exacta, how the hell did it only pay 3k for the tricast
Someone actually won it too, imagine how gutted you would be to have a quid on, win 3.5k then see if you had done the tricast instead you would have won 42k :eek: :eek:

The racing today is fairly poor to say the least. Going to do a small win treble on the ones below

4.35P Ventura Rascal 5/1
6.00C Thrill Seeker 2/1
6.30C Madeeh 10/11

Good luck today anyone having a bet.
I couldn't find much at all so I have just put this one small bet on for today. Good luck with yours :thumbsup:

LUCKY 15
(EACH WAY)
Dream With Me
5/2
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3
13:00 Pontefract
3rd Place
Dragons Will Rise
13/2
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3,4
VOID
Dollnamix N/R
4/1
Win or Each Way, 1/4 odds - places 1,2
13:45 Exeter
Frankincense
10/3
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3
15:50 Exeter
Best Odds Guaranteed

Won't be on tomorrow and I'll probably miss most of the racing but for tomorrow I've done a few.

In the first I really think The Shunter won last time at the festival with any amount in hand. If he handles the step up in class he'll be a real danger to the fav who is too short. The Shunter at 7/2 on PP( shop around) although I'll probably back him tonight on exchanges or else wait til morning prices open.

In the 3.25 PP pay 4 places and for me if Buveur Dair retains any of his ability then 10/1 is too big. Even at 80% the horse is more than good enough for top 4 imo.

One other worth mentioning is Fiveandtwenty in the second race. Adagio and the fav dominate the market. Pity it's only two places as Fiveandtwenty would really catch my eye for an ew poke at 12/1 3 places. As is again I'll probably bet him on the exchanges.

As an aside I've been mainly laying horses(shorter priced favs) all week on exchanges and its thrown up some nice results. When the sample size is bigger I will talk more about that.

PP gave out a Deposit 20 get 20 free promo today. Dunno if its ROI only but nice to have a little free bet addition to your aintree tank if you can get it!

Oh also I know most here don't bet golf but if you do have a bet on the golf this weekend try use Skybet or Paddy Power for each way punts. 11 places and 10 places 1/5 odds,respectively Boyles also offer 10 places but most prices feel a little shorter.

Gl all having a punt.

just a few EW for today that I think should outrun their odds

2.50A Tiger Roll 15/2
3.25A Buveur D'Air 9/1 4 places
4.05A Mighty Stowaway 18/1 5 places
4.40A Getaway Trump 8/1 5 places

good luck today
I love Tiger Roll but I just think that he needs further. If there where 3 places in the first two races I would have stuck Umbrigado and Fiveandtwenty in an ew lucky 15 too.
Good luck all that are having a bet

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

3. Clondaw Castle
11/2
8th Apr AINTREE 14:50 EVENT 3m 0f 210y - Each Way
4. Buveur DAir
9/1
8th Apr AINTREE 15:25 EVENT 2m 4f 0y - Each Way
4. Cat Tiger
11/2
8th Apr AINTREE 16:05 HUNTERS CHASE 2m 5f 19y - Each Way
14. Grey Diamond
15/2
8th Apr AINTREE 16:40 HANDICAP CHASE 1m 7f 176y - Each Way
6. Me Too Please
11/1
8th Apr AINTREE 17:15 FLAT 2m 0f 209y - Each Way
Best odds

I've got to be pleased with 5 places out of 5 this afternoon. Checking out the running for tomorrow but I'll wait until tomorrow to avoid none runners.

Edit. Rock Etoile 2nd

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

14. Rock Etoile
14/1
8th Apr GOWRAN PARK 17:35 1M HCAP 1m - Each Way
Starting Soon
1. Ottawa Fire
9/2
8th Apr GOWRAN PARK 18:05 1M HCAP 1m - Each Way
6. Storm Steps