Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Didn't do much. Just a token bet on the Lincoln, rugby and golf. But it looks like I would have been better off leaving the computer off and doing nothing :laugh:

One minute I had an 8/1 winner then the next time I checked my lat two bets where both non runners :(

Any luck today folks?
11/2 and 8/1 winners with a N/R in a lucky15. The 4th horse was a 7-4 shot, Gosden trained, and as usual ran like a plum cos i backed it.... still I got a decent lift from it so cant complain too much.

Last edited:
I got about half of my wagering back today which is ok for me considering that I hedge my betting so much.
Tomorrow seems like another decent betting day.
Is there any tips for tomorrow? I don't always read your tips but some times of the year can be more tricky given how the seasons turnaround.

No tips, but I like Power Under Me in the 2.50 at Naas, won on his debut over C&D and rated 100. If he gets beat I think it will be the draw that does it. Currently 4/1

Systemic in the 5.25 Donny is 13/2 which is a bit short, but think he has a decent chance of placing, if he drifts to about 8/1+ I might have a couple of quid each way.

Sean Bowen's only ride of the day, The Late Legend in the 5.15C is overpriced at 9/1, think he has too much weight to win, but wouldn't be surprised to see him place in this field. If the ground got softer then I would be more confident about a win.

Good luck all.

No tips, but I like Power Under Me in the 2.50 at Naas, won on his debut over C&D and rated 100. If he gets beat I think it will be the draw that does it. Currently 4/1

Systemic in the 5.25 Donny is 13/2 which is a bit short, but think he has a decent chance of placing, if he drifts to about 8/1+ I might have a couple of quid each way.

Sean Bowen's only ride of the day, The Late Legend in the 5.15C is overpriced at 9/1, think he has too much weight to win, but wouldn't be surprised to see him place in this field. If the ground got softer then I would be more confident about a win.

Good luck all.
Here are mine for Donny today. Good luck :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

22. Eligible
16/1
28th Mar DONCASTER 13:20 HANDICAP 0m 7f 6y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
3. Secret Victory
5/1
28th Mar DONCASTER 15:05 HANDICAP 1m 2f 43y - Each Way
11. Lincoln Park
5/1
28th Mar DONCASTER 16:50 HANDICAP 0m 6f 2y - Each Way
7. Carausius
11/2
28th Mar DONCASTER 17:25 HANDICAP 1m 3f 197y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds

Didn't do much again today.

Small each way double on one at Navan rough diamond who I think will come on leaps and bounds as a 4 year old.
Also secret victory who is definitely fit and I was very happy to back after his last run.

Screenshot_20210328-135612_Chrome.jpg

Other than that I still have a few small golf bets and the like running. I hate international football as a betting proposition and will not go near it today.

Screenshot_20210328-135621_Chrome.jpg

Speaking of small golf bets. How about this for a cash out option.
Only small bet so not pushed.
Horcshel in the last 4 so guaranteed the ew money.

12.60 back from that
So effectively with 4 golfers left who can win in the match play so just win two matches it's yours etc. They are offering me 4quid for the potential 51quid return.
I assume they are hoping people wont factor in the place is already guaranteed. This is why I rarely if ever cash out,unless it's for Envoi Allen level stakes of course.

Not the best racing today, wtf happened to bank holiday racing, I remember there would be 25-30 meetings on a bank holiday, not so much the good friday, but certainly easter Monday.

2.00L doing a forecast on Amtiyaz and Australis.
2.35L same on Arafi and Pholas

Treble on these

1.50C Sky commander
2.15N Broctune Red
2.50N Global Warning

EW Lucky 15 on these

2.00L Australis
3.10L Tone The Barone
4.30N Everkyllachy
5.15L Count Otto

The gamble on Gloves Lynch in the 3.35C has left Khatm a decent price at around 5/2. Will do it along with Apollo One in the 3.45L and Khuzaam in the 4.45L as a treble.

Good luck if you're having a bet today

Not the best racing today, wtf happened to bank holiday racing, I remember there would be 25-30 meetings on a bank holiday, not so much the good friday, but certainly easter Monday.

2.00L doing a forecast on Amtiyaz and Australis.
2.35L same on Arafi and Pholas

Treble on these

1.50C Sky commander
2.15N Broctune Red
2.50N Global Warning

EW Lucky 15 on these

2.00L Australis
3.10L Tone The Barone
4.30N Everkyllachy
5.15L Count Otto

The gamble on Gloves Lynch in the 3.35C has left Khatm a decent price at around 5/2. Will do it along with Apollo One in the 3.45L and Khuzaam in the 4.45L as a treble.

Good luck if you're having a bet today
I thought it was the Monday with endless racing? I guess that times change and folk have more choice of things to do? I had hoped for at least one Irish meeting :(
However I did manage to find these and it seems two of them got very close.

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way
P
6. Devils Angel
16/5 10/3
2nd Apr NEWCASTLE 14:50 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
14:50 02 April 2021
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds
P
3. Exalted Angel
7/1 15/2
2nd Apr LINGFIELD 15:10 EVENT 0m 6f 1y - Each Way
15:10 02 April 2021
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
Best odds
P
3. Starter For Ten
15/2
2nd Apr NEWCASTLE 16:30 HANDICAP 0m 7f 14y - Each Way

P
8. Mums Tipple
5/1
2nd Apr LINGFIELD 16:45 EVENT 1m 0f 1y - Each Way
Starting in 5 minutes
4. Ayr Harbour
9/2
2nd Apr LINGFIELD 17:15 APPRENTICE HANDICAP 0m 7f 1y - Each Way
Best odds

One of these days when you don't find single winner even made some spontan extra bets with mini stakes just to get one :D Should have few saved now for next two days...

Despite there being loads of racing tomorrow, I've struggled to find anything that I think might win, and is value, all I've got is

1.00H Emmpressive Lady 5/1
5.40C Foster'sisland 7/4
1.30H Five Star Getaway 6/5

At much bigger prices, and just that I think they are too high in the market, rather than expecting them to win

4.11M Sound Of Iona 25/1 (4 places)
3.15H Neverbeen To Paris 18/1 (5 places)
4.05F Golden Spear - this one is interesting. The stable thought he was good enough to run in the Cesarewitch not too long ago, he's now 4lb's lower than his last win, a recent spin on the Flat over an inadequate trip is a tactic the trainer has used successfully many times in the past too. The ground has turned in his favour. Typically since I was looking at it, it's halved in price, but if anything that just increases the confidence. 16/1 just about everywhere now (5 places).

In the Irish National on Monday, I think Roaring Bull is probably three times the price he should be at 100/1 with Hills, not saying it will win as there are plenty of negatives about it, but it certainly isn't a 100/1 shot in my eyes. (100/1 5 places with Hills)

Good luck

One more for today. 3.00M Copper Knight, has ran well in much better races than this, seems to go well when had a break, on a good mark today, last year ran it's best race by far on it's first run, and is 20lbs better off today on offical ratings. The negative's are Ella McCain riding and Tim Easterby not being in the best form. Around 9/1 currently.

In the 7.00W Final Attack is probably a bit overpriced at 12's, but (as his name suggests) he does need a strong pace so he can come flying home in the last furlong. Not 100% he will get it here, but Captain St Lucifer might take Act of Magic on for the lead giving him something to aim at. Pilot Wings and Captain St Lucifer are the others in the race I think have a good chance, so if I get any returns from the afternoons racing, might do some small rfc's and tricasts.

Nice bet @geordiecolin.

So I am off til Tuesday.
Tonnes of meetings tomorrow and good racing sunday and even a nice spread monday.
Premier league back.
Golf.
Champions cup rugby.

The missus still stuck in the US.

One thing is for sure. It'll be an expensive weekend or I'll have built a man cave from my winnings :laugh:
Cheers Ken. If I posted all of my lucky 15's for today the list would be too much so I'll just post one from the uk and one from Ireland.
Good luck all if your having a punt :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

2. Sexy Lot
10/3
3rd Apr HAYDOCK 13:00 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 2f 191y - Each Way
1. Checkitout
6/1
3rd Apr HAYDOCK 14:40 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 1f 125y - Each Way
5. Iwilldoit
7/1
3rd Apr HAYDOCK 15:15 HANDICAP HURDLE 3m 0f 58y - Each Way
2. Kapga De Lily
4/1
3rd Apr HAYDOCK 15:50 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 5f 127y - Each Way

And

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way
3rd Apr FAIRYHOUSE 13:15 2M 4F HURDLE 2m 4f - Each Way
16. Teescomponentsyess
6/1
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places
3rd Apr FAIRYHOUSE 14:55 3M 1/2F HCAP CHASE 3m 150yds - Each Way
2. Kavanaghs Corner
13/2
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 4 Places
Rule 4: 15p Deduction
3rd Apr FAIRYHOUSE 15:30 3M HCAP HURDLE 3m - Each Way
15. Ragnar Lodbrok
17/2
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 5 Places
3rd Apr FAIRYHOUSE 16:05 2M HCAP HURDLE 2m - Each Way
10. Hurricane Cliff
12/1
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 5 Places

Despite there being loads of racing tomorrow, I've struggled to find anything that I think might win, and is value, all I've got is

1.00H Emmpressive Lady 5/1
5.40C Foster'sisland 7/4
1.30H Five Star Getaway 6/5

At much bigger prices, and just that I think they are too high in the market, rather than expecting them to win

4.11M Sound Of Iona 25/1 (4 places)
3.15H Neverbeen To Paris 18/1 (5 places)
4.05F Golden Spear - this one is interesting. The stable thought he was good enough to run in the Cesarewitch not too long ago, he's now 4lb's lower than his last win, a recent spin on the Flat over an inadequate trip is a tactic the trainer has used successfully many times in the past too. The ground has turned in his favour. Typically since I was looking at it, it's halved in price, but if anything that just increases the confidence. 16/1 just about everywhere now (5 places).

In the Irish National on Monday, I think Roaring Bull is probably three times the price he should be at 100/1 with Hills, not saying it will win as there are plenty of negatives about it, but it certainly isn't a 100/1 shot in my eyes. (100/1 5 places with Hills)

Good luck
I think that Tiger Roll ran so beautifully last time out that his owners may regret not entering him into the Grand National itself again. But maybe the weights it was given was too much? I think that come Monday my money will be on him.
And congrats on how well Sunderland are doing now under the new manager. It looks like they will gain auto promotion :thumbsup:

It is a lot of racing today and I thought i would try something a little different. I've loaded up the exchanges(not betfair) and I am going to attempt to do some trading. I've backed a few I think will shorten significantly and laid a couple I think may drift.

Small example is I backed Jordan Spieth last night at 6.5 in running at Valero open. I laid him this morning at 3.55. Matched bet and matched lay mean I am guaranteed a small profit and another two points profit should he win.
I have no idea why smarkets wont let me screenshot but it may be my phone come to think of it, as I'm installing an update as I speak.

Screenshot_20210403-115946_Chrome.jpg

I fancy these 4. Note they are all in Ireland as I'm planning on laying lots of favs in UK I stuck to Ireland only for my each way lucky 15.
Folcano in the 3.30 at Fairy. I will back in a single also. Very unlucky to fall at cheltenham and I think is here to collect by way of compensation.

I will be laying Elimay at odds on also on the same card.

I wont bore you with my other lays/bets.

Gl all having a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back