Horse Racing & Tips Thread

It looks like Sizable Sam is a popular choice. I'll stick with my each ways though. It should be a good race day. Good luck with your bets and cheers for the generous comp :)
My selections for the comp are
1.50 Sizable Sam 2 points each way
3.35 Fifty Ball 3 points each way
4.35 I like to move it 2 points each way.

And in Ireland

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

12. Getaday
15/2
21st Feb NAVAN 13:40 3M HCAP CHASE 3m - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
11. Curious Bride
11/2
21st Feb NAVAN 14:15 2M 5F HURDLE 2m 5f - Each Way
2. Beacon Edge
10/3
21st Feb NAVAN 14:47 2M 5F HURDLE 2m 5f - Each Way
2. Doldido
10/1
21st Feb NAVAN 16:35 2M 5F HCAP HURDLE 2m 5f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
Best odds
On the comp bets, going to reduce the stake on the 2 points ew to 1 point ew to keep within the 10 points limit if that suits you @geordiecolin ?

Gonna go with
1.50 Southfield Harvest 3pt win
3.35 Buzz 4pt win
4.10 Hold The Note 3pt win

Thanks for the comp @cncas2123 .

I actually fancy Buzz for the Betfair that was a good second last time out. I'll be backing each way for a single bet also.

Haven't had a bet at Navan yet but there is a couple that interest me. I see tiger roll is in the 2.47. I assume he is out to pop around and get race fitness.

Edit to say Colin and I need to talk before we bet now. 3 same selections yesterday did not end well :laugh: There was some shocking rides though. I've waited til now to post that as I didn't want to talk through my pocket.

Only got return from an ew bet on arriverderci(who will win a nice race yet I feel).

Gonna go with
1.50 Southfield Harvest 3pt win
3.35 Buzz 4pt win
4.10 Hold The Note 3pt win

Thanks for the comp @cncas2123 .

I actually fancy Buzz for the Betfair that was a good second last time out. I'll be backing each way for a single bet also.

Haven't had a bet at Navan yet but there is a couple that interest me. I see tiger roll is in the 2.47. I assume he is out to pop around and get race fitness.
I think at one stage they were talking about Buzz as a potential Champion Hurdle horse and I was surprised that Nico D B didnt ride it, but the jockey today is definitely great value for his claim - if memory serves he did his early years at Gordon Elliotts and Gordon doesnt let a bad jockey near his team.
The more I look at the race the harder it gets for me, I have ended up backing 3 horses with Skybet, my main bet Mr Coffey and ew on Fred and Mack the Man, I think he's got a really lovely racing weight and the stable are having a good spell.

Good luck to all today.

I think at one stage they were talking about Buzz as a potential Champion Hurdle horse and I was surprised that Nico D B didnt ride it, but the jockey today is definitely great value for his claim - if memory serves he did his early years at Gordon Elliotts and Gordon doesnt let a bad jockey near his team.
The more I look at the race the harder it gets for me, I have ended up backing 3 horses with Skybet, my main bet Mr Coffey and ew on Fred and Mack the Man, I think he's got a really lovely racing weight and the stable are having a good spell.

Good luck to all today.
Yes I believe the lad in question was recommended to Henderson by Bolger. That is obv hearsay as I wasnt in the room. But makes sense as Bolger has bred horses and sold to Elliots and Hendersons yard plenty in the past.

It's a cracking race. Festival standard imo.

1.22U was interesting, two from 6 finished, looked already lost my dosh for favorite but two more in lead to fell late in race made it impossible not to win...

The money is received thank you cncas. I am going to have a bash at the new No limit slot :thumbsup:
Less than 150 spins in I hit this so expect a £30 comp over next weekend in the racing tips thread even if I eventually blow it. Cheers once again for the comp. :)

bandicam 2021-02-21 20-07-03-923.png

Couple for today

4.35D Different Gravey. Decent in PTP's. Should like the trip and the ground. Dan Skelton on board. Be surprised if this doesn't get placed at least. Nothing in the race really stands out as being better so as good a chance as any and at 10/1 seems a little overpriced to me.

5.05D Probably won't back this as I don't do well in bumpers, but following the money is usually the right idea in these. Phil De Pail has been backed in from 14/1 to 10/1. If it falls any further, it might be worth a small EW bet.

3.15S Red Stripes. Can't see this not being placed assuming there are no non runners, so theres 8 still running. Has a decent chance of winning too. 11/2

A couple of wins

2.05S Mulzim. Should be able to beat these and the jockey usually wins when he's on a favourite.

4.45L Lisheen Castle is the interesting one here. Should really be able to win a race like this, however being off for 2 years is an obvious negative, especially considering how heavy the ground is. So bearing that in mind, I think Robinshill will hack up here. The ground is a bit of a concern, although he's won on heavy, he seems to prefer it not to be too deep, but theres nothing else in the race that should trouble him too much, although there seems to be a bit of a gamble going on on Nordic Combined, who was 14/1 last night, now into 4/1, and likely to drop a little further as the Betfair exchange price is actually slightly lower than that. The upside of that is Robinshill has drifted from odds on last night to 7/2 with unibet, around 3/1 in other places.

2.20D The Late Legend. This is my main bet of the day. Tim Weston has a 21% strike rate in chases over the past 5 years, and a 50% strike rate this year. 10 runs, 5 wins, and 4 placed. It's his only runner of the day, and his first one for about 3 weeks from what I can see. Sean makes a long journey to Doncaster for the ride, which, if he doesn't win, will cost him money. Looking at the rest of the card there are at least 3 more horses he presumably could have rode if he wanted, so I think him going there for that one alone is also significant. It's form figures since August this year are 221141121, including last time out winning over CD on similar ground. A long slog through soft ground is where Sean excells in his riding and barring accidents, can't see this not winning today. The only one I could see troubling him is Minella Encore, but he doesn't seem to like winning, and although he has been running in better races on paper than The Late Legend, looking at them in depth shows the opposition isn't any better than today's race. I expect Sean to either make the running or hold him up in 2nd or 3rd depending on the pace, then try to go clear after the 3rd last. This is probably the strongest bet I've had this year. Probably do a smaller double with Mulzim and if that gets beat just do a decent win single on this. The current 4/1 with Unibet is crazy. I don't use Skybet but would happily have a bet on it to win by 5 lengths or more at the current 10/1 if I did. He is also entered Friday in the same class of race, but with a much more competitive field and think he has him here as it's the easier race to win. It had better win after I wrote all that :D

Good luck today :D

It has not been a good week for my ew betting so far and today is no different. I have taken Phil De pail also. Good luck with your bets :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

1. Across The Line
4/1
24th Feb DONCASTER 13:45 NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 0f 128y - Each Way
2. Ami Desbois
7/2
24th Feb DONCASTER 15:30 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 7f 214y - Each Way
3. Portstorm
5/1
24th Feb DONCASTER 16:05 HANDICAP HURDLE 3m 0f 84y - Each Way
11. Phil De Pail
10/1
24th Feb DONCASTER 17:05 FLAT 2m 0f 128y - Each Way
Best odds

2021-02-24 (11).png

ok, so that sums my luck up recently, 4th day in a row I've been one goal off winning a few hundred. QPR last night 0-0 :(

Todays losers

12.30H Hamilton's Fantasy could beat these, or could come last haha. Probably won't back it but would rather take the 6's on this than either of the favourites.

1.55C Eamon An Cnoic has to win this surely. I'm amazed he isn't 1/3 let alone odds against. This is a much better race than the favourite Grumpy Charley has been running in and although he won his last 2, he hasn't been up against anything close to Eamon An Cnoic's standard, who destroyed the other runners last time out in a similar race to this, by 20 lengths.

4.00C I've been told Robin Of Sherwood is expected to win today. Sean's only ride and been money for it this morning so looks like the info might be right. Of course things don't always go to plan. As long as the ground doesn't go heavy or get too cut up I think he has a chance of being placed, not sure about winning though. 8/1 still available in places, 15/2 generally though.

In the 3.27C I'm struggling to understand the price difference between Funambule Sivola and Arian. The favourites been running ok, but in lower grade races than this, whereas Arian has been running in, and winning, races very similar. Last time out he fell when looking like he was going to win. The prices are currently 6/5 and 7/2 and if anything I would have them the other way round, so will be backing Arian as I think it's massively overpriced.

2.42S Sigurd was in good form before being pulled up in a better race than this. Prior to that he won he previous 2 races, similar to this one, by 39l and 11l. Assuming there was nothing wrong last time, then think he should get placed at least and 15/2 seems a decent price.

3.12S Chinwag should win this easily enough. 11/8

2.20T Er Dancer. Was outclassed in a better race than this last time, but won his first start under rules, and is a pretty decent PTP horse. 28/1 seems a bit high so happy to back it EW.

1.20C Bit of a gamble ongoing on Sixteen Letters, 66/1 just over an hour ago, into 18/1. Doesn't take that much money to move a 66/1 shot though, and Russian Invasion in the same race has been backed from 100/1 into 12/1. 2.27 Ostuni 20's into 16's has also had a little money.

There is more racing today than there is on Saturday by far :eek:

I've a few bets on today but I will show my shot to nothing :) Good luck with your bets

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

10. Sixteen Letters
18/1
25th Feb CHEPSTOW 13:20 MAIDEN HURDLE 2m 3f 100y - Each Way
7. Ostuni
16/1
25th Feb CHEPSTOW 14:27 NOVICE'S HANDICAP CHASE 2m 3f 98y - Each Way
5. Steel Native
11/1
25th Feb CHEPSTOW 16:00 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 2f 54y - Each Way
6. Onagatheringstorm
3/1
25th Feb CHEPSTOW 16:35 FLAT 2m 0f 11y - Each Way
Best odds

View attachment 151197

ok, so that sums my luck up recently, 4th day in a row I've been one goal off winning a few hundred. QPR last night 0-0 :(

Todays losers

12.30H Hamilton's Fantasy could beat these, or could come last haha. Probably won't back it but would rather take the 6's on this than either of the favourites.

1.55C Eamon An Cnoic has to win this surely. I'm amazed he isn't 1/3 let alone odds against. This is a much better race than the favourite Grumpy Charley has been running in and although he won his last 2, he hasn't been up against anything close to Eamon An Cnoic's standard, who destroyed the other runners last time out in a similar race to this, by 20 lengths.

4.00C I've been told Robin Of Sherwood is expected to win today. Sean's only ride and been money for it this morning so looks like the info might be right. Of course things don't always go to plan. As long as the ground doesn't go heavy or get too cut up I think he has a chance of being placed, not sure about winning though. 8/1 still available in places, 15/2 generally though.

In the 3.27C I'm struggling to understand the price difference between Funambule Sivola and Arian. The favourites been running ok, but in lower grade races than this, whereas Arian has been running in, and winning, races very similar. Last time out he fell when looking like he was going to win. The prices are currently 6/5 and 7/2 and if anything I would have them the other way round, so will be backing Arian as I think it's massively overpriced.

2.42S Sigurd was in good form before being pulled up in a better race than this. Prior to that he won he previous 2 races, similar to this one, by 39l and 11l. Assuming there was nothing wrong last time, then think he should get placed at least and 15/2 seems a decent price.

3.12S Chinwag should win this easily enough. 11/8

2.20T Er Dancer. Was outclassed in a better race than this last time, but won his first start under rules, and is a pretty decent PTP horse. 28/1 seems a bit high so happy to back it EW.

1.20C Bit of a gamble ongoing on Sixteen Letters, 66/1 just over an hour ago, into 18/1. Doesn't take that much money to move a 66/1 shot though, and Russian Invasion in the same race has been backed from 100/1 into 12/1. 2.27 Ostuni 20's into 16's has also had a little money.
Unlucky with your football betting. The reason why I seldom do football accumulators is that there is usually just the one to let me down.
Sixteen letters has been busier than the form guide suggests and that is the main reason why I backed it .

Edit. After the 1.00 H today Juniper is one for my notebook

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back