Horse Racing & Tips Thread

You are probably spot on but I have just stuck a few coppers on it in an ew Lucky15. I think that Image of the moon is a good ew bet in that race too

Not a race to back really but looking more closely the Johnston horse had 3 bad runs on turf now back on AW where it's last 3 runs were 1st and two 2nds in same class so if 100/1 was available it was a total balls up lol.

Not a race to back really but looking more closely the Johnston horse had 3 bad runs on turf now back on AW where it's last 3 runs were 1st and two 2nds in same class so if 100/1 was available it was a total balls up lol.

and i could have taken full advantage of said balls up if i hadn't hummed and hawed :( spotted this around 6pm

Even took a screenshot to ask my mates opinion...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200811-180645.png
    Screenshot_20200811-180645.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 11
On PP at the time of my reply it had gone in from 12/1 to about 15/2. I think it ended up at 13/2? Anyhoo it looks like it was unlucky to not get placed :(

Yeah, I'll watch out for it over 1m4f as it either got going slightly too late or needs slightly further again.
Sir Hamilton ran well finishing 2nd
A Boy Named Ivy looked like the winner until the final strides.
Union Spirit, less said about that the better lol.

and i could have taken full advantage of said balls up if i hadn't hummed and hawed :( spotted this around 6pm

Even took a screenshot to ask my mates opinion...
Typical that I decided to stick that bet on last night while I was in PP because yet again I've chosen a none runner. However its just a small bet as I'll probably not be able to watch it.

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

9. Blue Venture
6/1
12th Aug WOLVERHAMPTON 17:05 HANDICAP 0m 5f 21y - Each Way
17:05 Today
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds
V
8. Grandfather Tom
12/1
12th Aug WOLVERHAMPTON 17:35 HANDICAP 0m 5f 21y - Each Way
17:35 12 August 2020

Best odds

4. Cupids Beau
7/2
12th Aug WOLVERHAMPTON 18:40 HANDICAP 0m 6f 20y - Each Way
18:40 Today

Best odds

9. Bavardages
16/1
12th Aug WOLVERHAMPTON 20:10 HANDICAP 1m 1f 104y - Each Way
20:10 Today
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 3 Places

Best odds

And

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

10. Jamais Assez
4/1
12th Aug BEVERLEY 14:10 HANDICAP 0m 7f 96y - Each Way
14:10 Today
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
Best odds

2. Chillon Castle
6/1
12th Aug BEVERLEY 15:10 CLASSIFIED STAKES 0m 5f 0y - Each Way
15:10 Today
Best odds

13. Birkenhead
10/1
12th Aug BEVERLEY 15:40 HANDICAP 0m 5f 0y - Each Way
15:40 Today
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
Best odds

5. Rudy Lewis
7/2
12th Aug BEVERLEY 16:10 HANDICAP 1m 1f 207y - Each Way
16:10 Today
Best odds

And a free bet at corals
LUCKY 15
(EACH WAY)
Numen
3/1
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3,4
14:00 Gowran Park
14:00, Today
WATCH LIVE
Extra Place
Best Odds Guaranteed
Han Solo
11/2
16:00 Gowran Park
16:00, Today
WATCH LIVE
Extra Place
Best Odds Guaranteed
All The Mollies
11/4
16:30 Gowran Park
16:30, Today
WATCH LIVE
Extra Place
Best Odds Guaranteed
Fictitious Lady
3/1
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3
15:30 Gowran Park
15:30, Today
WATCH LIVE
Best Odds Guaranteed

Good luck today if your having a punt :)

Last edited:
4.10B Zihaam, not sure why this is 18/1, won 2 races over C&D recently, Ben Curtis back on board who rode it last time it won. He needs a good pace to aim at, coming from behind at the end, didn't get that last time as they went quite slowly at the start. I think there will be a strong pace again today and, assuming there isn't rain, the race should be set up for him nicely. Looks to me to be a really good EW bet, and has a decent chance of winning. The race isn't very good and theres nothing I can see that rates a danger, although obviously it does depend on no rain and the pace being strong from the start. I would have thought around 8/1 is a true price for him.

The only other one that takes my eye is Mews House in the 3.40. It's last run was too bad to be true, but previous to that had been running well in similar races to this, winning or getting placed most times. Currently 14/1 (4 places) at most bookies, seems a decent bet to me.

Not sure what to make of Bavarages. Oddschecker doesn't show its odds ever being close to 100/1 at Skybet, showing it opened up at 16's (and similar elsewhere). The highest price matched at Betfair was 32.25, for £2, the traders would have been all over that if it was available at 100's, but able to lay for a third of the price. Tricorn opened up at 33's, and is now 5's in places, with significant money on Betfair, around 15% of the total matched, but the non runners could account for much of the price drop, as they were both close to the head of the market at time of withdrawal. Was it showing 100's on the main betting page rather than the ITV7 page?

Good luck today.

i like the look of josie gordons nag at wolves later too (19:40)... Sir Dandy. foaled from

Sire:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
(GB) (11.2f)
Dam:
(GB)
and sir percy was foaled from
Dam's Sire:
(IRE) (8.4f)

all incredible horses!

4.10B Zihaam, not sure why this is 18/1, won 2 races over C&D recently, Ben Curtis back on board who rode it last time it won. He needs a good pace to aim at, coming from behind at the end, didn't get that last time as they went quite slowly at the start. I think there will be a strong pace again today and, assuming there isn't rain, the race should be set up for him nicely. Looks to me to be a really good EW bet, and has a decent chance of winning. The race isn't very good and theres nothing I can see that rates a danger, although obviously it does depend on no rain and the pace being strong from the start. I would have thought around 8/1 is a true price for him.

The only other one that takes my eye is Mews House in the 3.40. It's last run was too bad to be true, but previous to that had been running well in similar races to this, winning or getting placed most times. Currently 14/1 (4 places) at most bookies, seems a decent bet to me.

Not sure what to make of Bavarages. Oddschecker doesn't show its odds ever being close to 100/1 at Skybet, showing it opened up at 16's (and similar elsewhere). The highest price matched at Betfair was 32.25, for £2, the traders would have been all over that if it was available at 100's, but able to lay for a third of the price. Tricorn opened up at 33's, and is now 5's in places, with significant money on Betfair, around 15% of the total matched, but the non runners could account for much of the price drop, as they were both close to the head of the market at time of withdrawal. Was it showing 100's on the main betting page rather than the ITV7 page?

Good luck today.
It doesn't look like theres much chance of any rain a Bev and Fell's nags are in decent form so as long as it comes second to mine I'll be happy. Same with my Birkenhead v your Mews house :)

i like the look of josie gordons nag at wolves later too (19:40)... Sir Dandy. foaled from

Sire:
(GB) (11.2f)
Dam:
(GB)
and sir percy was foaled from
Dam's Sire:
(IRE) (8.4f)

all incredible horses!
Are you going to back a 90/1 shot EW? :eek:
The trouble with a horse's parentage is that coupling them does not guarantee success and its came nowhere in its only two starts. But bloody hell man I hope it comes in for you :thumbsup:

Are you going to back a 90/1 shot EW? :eek:
The trouble with a horse's parentage is that coupling them does not guarantee success and its came nowhere in its only two starts. But bloody hell man I hope it comes in for you :thumbsup:

it was 100/1 last night...Not only the dam and sire but also this horse has cheek pieces and things added for todays race even if it places im happy with 20/1 you never know :)

tomorrow Bath Race 5 Storm Melody e/w or outright
I'm not too keen on the racing today so I've just done a small one for the Irish racing.

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

5. Sweet Justice
11/2
13th Aug LEOPARDSTOWN 14:00 7F HCAP 7f - Each Way
14:00 Today
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
Best odds

9. Drakensberg
15/2
13th Aug LEOPARDSTOWN 16:00 1M 2F HCAP 1m 2f - Each Way
16:00 Today
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
Best odds

2. Dasmyhoss
6/1
13th Aug TRAMORE 17:10 2M 5 1/2F CHASE 2m 5f 100yds - Each Way
17:10 Today
Best odds

6. Enzani
3/1
13th Aug TRAMORE 18:15 2M HCAP HURDLE 2m - Each Way
18:15 Today
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds

Good luck if your having a punt :)

In the St Wilfred on Saturday, I think Hyperfocus is overpriced at Betfair/PP at 16/1. Currently as low as 10's in other places, I fully expect him to be single figures on the day of the race. Think he has a good chance of winning anyway, but got to be worth a bet at this price to be able to lay the stake off nearer the race time, and get a free bet at around 7/1. I'll probably do a £20EW bet on him, then lay £20 off in the win market at around 8/9's (or less hopefully). I won't lay the place part as I think he will get placed at least.

Haven't really got time to go through the cards today properly, and the racing looks pretty poor, especially at Salisbury where there are loads of non runners, the 4.55 has 9 non runners, leaving it a 2 horse race! However, a couple that caught my eye are

3.40H Granite City Doc, this is probably the only one I will back (unless the others drift a bit in the betting), still available at 10/1 in places for 4 places, he always runs well on soft, and despite the going being GS I think it will run a bit slower than that. Be amazed if he isn't in the first 4.

2.20S Think Gold Wand (7/2) should beat the favourite, Queen Power. Not sure it will win the race though.

2.50S Squelch is likely to get placed at around 7/1

2.10H Lady Celia at 6/1 is a better bet than Lyons Lane to me, at around 7/2.

Good luck today.

In the St Wilfred on Saturday, I think Hyperfocus is overpriced at Betfair/PP at 16/1. Currently as low as 10's in other places, I fully expect him to be single figures on the day of the race. Think he has a good chance of winning anyway, but got to be worth a bet at this price to be able to lay the stake off nearer the race time, and get a free bet at around 7/1. I'll probably do a £20EW bet on him, then lay £20 off in the win market at around 8/9's (or less hopefully). I won't lay the place part as I think he will get placed at least.

Haven't really got time to go through the cards today properly, and the racing looks pretty poor, especially at Salisbury where there are loads of non runners, the 4.55 has 9 non runners, leaving it a 2 horse race! However, a couple that caught my eye are

3.40H Granite City Doc, this is probably the only one I will back (unless the others drift a bit in the betting), still available at 10/1 in places for 4 places, he always runs well on soft, and despite the going being GS I think it will run a bit slower than that. Be amazed if he isn't in the first 4.

2.20S Think Gold Wand (7/2) should beat the favourite, Queen Power. Not sure it will win the race though.

2.50S Squelch is likely to get placed at around 7/1

2.10H Lady Celia at 6/1 is a better bet than Lyons Lane to me, at around 7/2.

Good luck today.
I have marked out most of the same nags as you have for today other than I would have done Award scheme ew in the 2.20. I agree that the racing is pretty poor even before the none runners. Luckily my bet for today is unaffected-so far :)

I've not looked at saturdays racing yet but as i'm just sat lazing for a few hours I may take a look

Just to say for those looking for the St Wilfred it's the 3:15 Sunday at Ripon.

I probably wont partake. As I've backed about 7 of those running previously :laugh:

Good start from me getting the day wrong lol

Horse has a lovely profile to be fair. Good C&D form. Good rating. Also holds an entry in the Ayr Gold Cup next month, priced a little generous maybe but it will drop when the final declaration is made(currently 40 runners)

I may bet if the mood takes especially if a firm offers 5 places(I'm sure more than 15 will go to post)

Lexington dash 14/1,Gunmetal 12/1 and Watchable 14/1 are all very interesting runners also. So I'll give it a miss unless only one of those remain in.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back