Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Not a tip for today as such, but Freedom To Dream was expected to win the bumper at limerick easily today. He couldn't run as he is stuck in America at the moment, but will be worth looking at next time it runs.
I avoid races where there is no form to consider. These are my bets for this evening while tackling the thursday battles

• 30th Jan CHELMSFORD CITY 17:30 7F HCAP 7f - Each Way
    12. Deeds Not Words16/1
    E/W Terms: 1/4 Odds | 3 Places

• 30th Jan CHELMSFORD CITY 18:30 5F HCAP 5f - Each Way
    2. Chitra11/4
    E/W Terms: 1/4 Odds | 2 Places

• 30th Jan CHELMSFORD CITY 19:00 5F HCAP 5f - Each Way
    7. Spennys Lass10/3
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places

• 30th Jan CHELMSFORD CITY 20:00 1M 2F HCAP 1m 2f - Each Way
    1. Famous Dynasty11/2
    E/W Terms: 1/4 Odds | 4 Places

Good luck with those tonight Col

In the bumper at 4.30 Presenting Yeats opened up last night at 66/1 in a couple of places, and 33/1 at most the others, has been backed into 7/1 now. Normally I take notice of money in bumpers, but in this case, despite the price drop, theres hardly been anything matched on Betfair, so I think it's possibly a fake gamble, which happens every now and then. Normally I would have a few quid on a horse dropping that far in a bumper but I'll just watch this one, and kick myself if it wins :D

Edit, had a bet on Hurricane Mitch due to the late money for it and a £5 SFC with Presenting to come second, just in case lol

their is a horse running friday in the last at chepstow called CROSSING THE LINES. A video of it on Youtube winning a P2P by about 20 lengths without coming off the bridle.

Apparently rated very highly, looks very tough race to start off in, but hopefully keep the price decent. Don't follow much P2P but this one looked a great horse for the future.
this isnt running now :(

Keeping my fingers crossed for Pillar in the last :)

• 6. Billyfairplay9/1
    E/W Terms: 1/4 Odds | 3 Places
  • P
    31st Jan DUNDALK 19:30 1M HCAP 1m - Each Way
    1. Able Jack11/4 8/1
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 4 Places
  • W
    31st Jan DUNDALK 20:00 6F HCAP 6f - Each Way
    2. Bellick 14/1

• 31st Jan DUNDALK 20:30 6F HCAP 6f - Each Way
    3. Pillar 4/1

Had a good afternoon had a nice 11-1 winner Nordic Passage in 7.30 at Dundalk.

Last race will go Pillar 8-1 Paddy playing 4 places e/w
Nice one. I had Able Jack each way in that one. If Pillar comes in I'll be well sorted sorted cos I have already broke even from todays bets before this lucky 15.
There was too many short fields today for my liking considering how many meetings there where

I shall pop SIS on at 8.30 and keep my fingers crossed :)

Going to do these over the weekend

12.50 Leop Latest Exhibition
1.25 Leop Min
4.20 Leop Appreciate It
Cant decide to do a treble on those or a yankee with Kemboy on Sunday included (3.30 Leop)

Nice one. I had Able Jack each way in that one. If Pillar comes in I'll be well sorted sorted cos I have already broke even from todays bets before this lucky 15.
There was too many short fields today for my liking considering how many meetings there where
I didn't find that I hate 7 runners or less but apart from 2pm-3pm 2 places were limited tomorrow there are quite a few small fields.

I shall pop SIS on at 8.30 and keep my fingers crossed :)

Going to do these over the weekend

12.50 Leop Latest Exhibition
1.25 Leop Min
4.20 Leop Appreciate It
Cant decide to do a treble on those or a yankee with Kemboy on Sunday included (3.30 Leop)
The fields are not as big as usual at Lep tomorrow but as usual I will stick my irish bets on tonight for tomorrow cos I think that there odds change more on the day than in the UK. I may be wrong but I don't think so.
The rest of my bets I'll do tomorrow when I can study the paper.
I usually watch the racing on Betfred TV

11/1 at PP as I type and going out from 7/1
Well the way it ran it should have been 111/1 lol
It had the second most volume of money on betfair a minute before the off!

I've got the Racing Channel in HD, and Sky Sports racing in SD on my zgemma box, about the only sports channels that still work, although BTSport does too.....strange that Sky can't stop the pirating of BT channels but can no problem on their own sports channels isn't it :eek2:
Got the bookies channels along with SIS 1, 2 and Europe on IPTV but they are a good minute behind usually. Coral TV etc are awful quality, but they are in store too, its like someone is filming through a potato.
I miss the days of having an actual SIS feed at home :)

Well the way it ran it should have been 111/1 lol
It had the second most volume of money on betfair a minute before the off!

I've got the Racing Channel in HD, and Sky Sports racing in SD on my zgemma box, about the only sports channels that still work, although BTSport does too.....strange that Sky can't stop the pirating of BT channels but can no problem on their own sports channels isn't it :eek2:
Got the bookies channels along with SIS 1, 2 and Europe on IPTV but they are a good minute behind usually. Coral TV etc are awful quality, but they are in store too, its like someone is filming through a potato.
I miss the days of having an actual SIS feed at home :)
I don't mind my IPTV being a minute behind. On mine I can get all sports but the likes of Sky and BT do their damnest to block connection at key times. My last bet just got nudged out of a place my a head.
Going to sort out my Lep bets for tomorrow then I will be raising a glass to Brexit and Farage

Be aware of the new races time trials tomorrow Musselburgh & Wetherby trialling the new system where races go off at any time not just round times of 05, 10, 15 mins past etc.

Whether it will work and reduce the split screen rtv are plagued with who knows.

The Zgemma is fed from Virgin directly, so only a second or so delay on RUK, and about 6 on SSR.
Just grab a VPN to get round the premier league blocks, or use a smaller provider who they tend not to target as much. I've had the one I'm using now for about 10 weeks, and only had a premier league block in place for about 10 days, after which he changed server to get round it :)

These are my bets for Lep tomorrow. But I noticed Buildmeupbuttercup's odds have dramatically tumbled at PP from 10/1 to 11/2 second fave despite any obvious form in the 3:45 ?

• 1st Feb LEOPARDSTOWN 13:25 2M 1F CHASE 2m 1f - Each Way
    4. Cilaos Emery11/2

• 1st Feb LEOPARDSTOWN 14:35 2M 1F HCAP CHASE 2m 1f - Each Way
    12. Ice Cold Soul14/1
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 5 Places

• 1st Feb LEOPARDSTOWN 15:45 2M HCAP HURDLE 2m - Each Way
    8. Tiger Tap Tap7/1
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 6 Places

• 1st Feb LEOPARDSTOWN 16:20 2M NH FLAT 2m - Each Way
    1. Eric Bloodaxe15/8

It's tipped by Timeform, so thats problem the reason why

Timeform View
BUILDMEUPBUTTERCUP hasn't always convince at the business end, yet the way she travels through her races suggests she's on a handy mark and she could be worth chancing in the hope she's produced late in the day. Stablemate Unexcepted, Thatsy and Top Moon head up the shortlist, in what understandably rates a competitive affair.

Couple of outsiders for tomorrow, no doubt will come last

Sandown 3.00 Coole Cody 28/1 (B365) or 25/1 (Be3tvictor 5 places), 2nd in this race last year, off a 6 pound higher mark

Musselburgh 3.15 - Blow By Blow 50/1, was a Cheltenham Festival winner in the past, jockey's in decent form, probably won't get placed, but was rated 152 at one point, now down to 122, was rated 144 when he won at Cheltenham, and is almost a stone lighter tomorrow.

Wonderful Charm in the same race is one of those horses that will either win by a furlong, or get hammered.

A couple more longshots to add to th eones above, to make an EW Lucky 15 :)

Wetherby 2.45 Just Your Type 20/1

1.25 Leop, Duc Des Genievres around 20/1. Know I've gone for Min in this race, but do think this has a good chance of being placed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back