Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Any semi educated guesses when UK racing could be back in some format or no even guesses made about anything yet?
Watching an interview with someone from the Jockey club recently they where waiting for approval to start racing behind closed doors at the beginning of next month. It must be devestating for the racing industry as well as owners as things are. Not all owners are rich and it costs on average about £500 per week t keep a horse in training

Watching an interview with someone from the Jockey club recently they where waiting for approval to start racing behind closed doors at the beginning of next month. It must be devestating for the racing industry as well as owners as things are. Not all owners are rich and it costs on average about £500 per week t keep a horse in training

Thought somehow that without audience it could be possible to bring races back at least on some level, betting companies for sure could help out if they can't make them financially for closed doors, it's quite big hit for them as well that they could be happy to give some share of their racing revenue to support that these events do happen.

Like you said, that £500 is average, for some it lots more if you think you have a great talent and get it to best trainer you can think.... And training for nothing is also bit boring but can't also leave some young horse totally without training for year or two.

Would make somethng to our days as well to spend some time everyday to pick up easy winners with high odds :)

Thought somehow that without audience it could be possible to bring races back at least on some level, betting companies for sure could help out if they can't make them financially for closed doors, it's quite big hit for them as well that they could be happy to give some share of their racing revenue to support that these events do happen.

Like you said, that £500 is average, for some it lots more if you think you have a great talent and get it to best trainer you can think.... And training for nothing is also bit boring but can't also leave some young horse totally without training for year or two.

Would make somethng to our days as well to spend some time everyday to pick up easy winners with high odds :)
I have never bothered with racing from abroad but this past week I have been sticking a few small bets on racing from America. Gulfstream and Tampa Bay has been on in recent evenings and are so today starting at 1730 UK time this evening. Surprisingly I've been holding my own :p

Haven't even bothered to look AUS/US racing like some seem to be doing, still trying to get bit more familiar with UK/IRE, now there would be great time to put some more effort in it when staying average 23.5h a day inside (or in very small backyard).
Maybe taking a look and try US with few quids today :)

Another thing thats been mooted is the possibility of doing what they do in America which is holding 4-5-6 day meetings at the same venue which prevents Jockeys and everyone involved from travelling about too much.
Imagine the partying going on :)

Hope they figure something safe out, if there are only needed staff attending, it could be arranged with very small risk (same level what we have to take to fast buy our groceries) and of course everybody with any symptoms would stay home.

We can just wait and see but would be warmly welcome to have one more task so spend some time daily, otherwise start to work too much :D

Cant see them doing it behind closed doors while the lockdown is in place, which I think will get extended for another 3 weeks. Theres a lot of staff needed and its almost impossible to keep 2m apart, for flat racing, the stalls are too close together as an example.

Who is the best horse racing tipster?
I never tend to follow tipsters much after working around trainers and owners for years and their tips falling flat. I've never been a big spender anyhow prefering to stick to 4-5 horse combo bets for small stakes knowing that if they all come in I will win big anyhoo and if I lose I've lost nothing much.
Tamper Bay and Will Rogers Downs will keep me entertained this evening with my lucky 15's :)

Never advise people to gamble.

But Los Alamitos 2.47am tonight

SANTALUZ DREAMIN 8/1

This horse is massively overpriced imo. It won its first 2 races at Los al in good style and then ran solid 4th in a allowance race. 2nd and 3rd from that have won 20k+ claimers. Drops back down to a 6k claimer tonight.

Will go off nuch shorter come post time.

Never advise people to gamble.

But Los Alamitos 2.47am tonight

SANTALUZ DREAMIN 8/1

This horse is massively overpriced imo. It won its first 2 races at Los al in good style and then ran solid 4th in a allowance race. 2nd and 3rd from that have won 20k+ claimers. Drops back down to a 6k claimer tonight.

Will go off much shorter come post time.
11/4 now
stuck a £2 free bet on, intending to come back and deposit £20, forgot until just now, and the rest is history. Not taking 11/4 lol

I'm surprised at how big the prize money generally is in France. If the UK doesn't start racing soon we will probably see quite a few UK horses racing in France

I'm not a fan of Ladbrokes so I just took the money and ran. But if your looking for to stick a bet on anyway then its worth adding a few quid to your bet.
PS. The list of excluded slots is extensive so check the terms carefully

bandicam 2020-05-29 21-42-38-741.jpg

Ladbokes are giving a £5 bonus if you wager £5 on selected slots. Only 1x wagering on the £5 bonus so you cant go far wrong
And welcome back to UK racing from Monday :D

I sort of miss Ladbrokes.

Account been locked for 2 years now due to their mistake. Seeing your post about them made me try logging in again.

By some shock it now let me log in. Saw my balance and went well don't think i will be logging in again. Sitting at -£119.22 :eek: :laugh:

I sort of miss Ladbrokes.

Account been locked for 2 years now due to their mistake. Seeing your post about them made me try logging in again.

By some shock it now let me log in. Saw my balance and went well don't think i will be logging in again. Sitting at -£119.22 :eek: :laugh:
Ha ha. I've never seen a online account in the red before! Feck them. I don't like Ladbrokes but they owe me so I have no issues with taking advantage of their occasional generosity :D

Ha ha. I've never seen a online account in the red before! Feck them. I don't like Ladbrokes but they owe me so I have no issues with taking advantage of their occasional generosity :D

Had the account for like 20 years. Then 2 years ago they had settled some bets wrong. Took days 2 fix then they ended up settling them wrong again but this time they paid too much on those bets.

The next day money was still in account so i withdrew it in the shop. Then that night my account was blocked. Now i was not even sure how much i owed them and they would not tell me on Live Chat. Tried a few times and they would not say. They said if i wanted account unlocked i needed to phone.

Also sent a few emails saying that if they had screwed up they should not have blocked account as it was their fault and for the amount i use them i would pay it back since i liked using them. They would not say how much so i went oh well plenty other sites i use .

Tried many times to check account over last 2 years last night was first ever time it let me log in.

Happen in Betfair quite often these days, mostly due to VAR decision in my cases, have few times withdrawn my balance to get it negative for a while, just to hope they would pick it up from their reporting and would wait these VAR decisions like anyone else. It's annoying enough to get goal disallowed after few mins and end up you to lose but top of that paying your winnings and then take it off don't make the moment any happier...

Happen in Betfair quite often these days, mostly due to VAR decision in my cases, have few times withdrawn my balance to get it negative for a while, just to hope they would pick it up from their reporting and would wait these VAR decisions like anyone else. It's annoying enough to get goal disallowed after few mins and end up you to lose but top of that paying your winnings and then take it off don't make the moment any happier...

This VAR thing these days is so bloody annoying.

I like to bet over under goals in matches in play. See the amount of times now you get a goal. Betting gets suspended then after minute or 2 it restarts. Place a bet again then a couple minutes later it then updates again disallowing goal. So your new bet is then waiting on an extra goal for that game with way lower odds.

Does it stop me betting tho. No lol.

Had the account for like 20 years. Then 2 years ago they had settled some bets wrong. Took days 2 fix then they ended up settling them wrong again but this time they paid too much on those bets.

The next day money was still in account so i withdrew it in the shop. Then that night my account was blocked. Now i was not even sure how much i owed them and they would not tell me on Live Chat. Tried a few times and they would not say. They said if i wanted account unlocked i needed to phone.

Also sent a few emails saying that if they had screwed up they should not have blocked account as it was their fault and for the amount i use them i would pay it back since i liked using them. They would not say how much so i went oh well plenty other sites i use .

Tried many times to check account over last 2 years last night was first ever time it let me log in.
I can not remember why I don't much like Ladbrokes now because its been so long. But like with most things once I am done I am done.
I'm sure that someone could remind me because it is related to a few issues highlighted in here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back