Help - SmartLive

rutherglen89

Dormant account
Afternoon All,

I have been struggling to get the funds that were in my account (£275) back from SmartLive since they surrendered their licence back in August... I actually processed the withdrawal prior to them surrendering and they acknowledged my request...

I have since tried the form available on the now closed site but I have received no money and no reply.. Has anyone managed to get some money back? If not then what should my next steps be? The UK Gambling Commission have said they aren't getting as many calls about it now!

Thanks in advance,

J

Last edited:
You probably won't like this......

While I do hope you get something back, I would probably write off whatever balance you had there.

The biggest concern here is the fact that smart live gaming surrendered their license and weren't bankrupt / insolvent. Had they gone insolvent, you may have had a chance of reclaiming some money via the administrators.

A similar thing happened back in 2013 when a bookie called globet, surrendered their license and disappeared with players funds. The UKGC were unable to do anything (just like they don't do anything now).

It's all well and good as part of their license, they state players funds should be protected & segregated in a separate account incase of insolvency, however it does nothing to protect players if a company surrenders their license and sod off with their funds.

If they (UKGC) truly cared about the players, then player funds should be segregated into a joint account that the UKGC & the bookie have access to and any payments out must be authorised by both parties - sounds inconvenient and may hinder payout times, but it certainly needs looking into.

I'm not Columbo, but I'm guessing your funds are currently being spent in Turkey :

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 14.00.01.png

I spoke to an ex Affiliate Manager there last week. She is still owed her last 2 months salary.

According to her the company no longer exists and they declared insolvency on the 21st. So I guess the only way to get funds is to approach the Administrators.

I've had a quick scan of the insolvency register and haven't been able to find anything.

According to companies house they are still active, as is one of the parent companies. The other parent company doesn't appear to technically exist "eagle-internet investments ltd"

That company was the apparent major shareholder - very dodgy looking operations if you ask me. If you look at the appointments and resignations, it's very odd. same people being appointed and resigning a couple of months later. One of them even appointed himself & resigned the same day hahaha.

They definitely haven't declared insolvency or started any proceedings to do so, so your affiliate manager has either been lied to or been shown fake documents - quite possibly faked documents from the non-existent shareholder!

Anyway, this clearly looks like a surrender and run situation like Globet.

They definitely haven't declared insolvency or started any proceedings to do so, so your affiliate manager has either been lied to or been shown fake documents - quite possibly faked documents from the non-existent shareholder!

I found this, which would suggest that my Affiliate manager was correct. There are contact details for the agency handling creditor information.

Meetings of Creditors
SMART TV BROADCASTING LIMITED

(Company Number 05849825)

Registered office: 233 High Holborn, 3rd Floor, London WC1V 7DN

Principal trading address: 233 High Holborn, 3rd Floor, London WC1V 7DN

Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 98 of the Insolvency Act 1986,that a meeting of the creditors of the above named Company will be held at Menzies LLP, Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9LT on 21 October 2016 at 11.30 am for the purposes mentioned in Sections 99, 100 and 101 of the said Act. The Resolutions to be taken at the meeting may include a Resolution specifying the terms on which the Joint Liquidators are to be remunerated. The meeting may also receive information about, or be called upon to approve, the costs of preparing the Statement of Affairs and convening the meeting. Simon Underwood and Mark Newton of Menzies LLP, Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9LT, are qualified to act as insolvency practitioners in relation to the above and will furnish creditors, free of charge, with such information concerning the Company’s affairs as is reasonably required.

For further details contact: Mark Newton (IP No 9732), E-mail: cdavenport@menzies.co.uk, Tel: 020 7465 1956.

Ibrahim Hlil Goncu, Director

12 October 2016

I suggest that you contact them, as I will to see If I can be added to the list of creditors.

I found this, which would suggest that my Affiliate manager was correct. There are contact details for the agency handling creditor information.

I suggest that you contact them, as I will to see If I can be added to the list of creditors.

I don't need to, but where did you find that?

Filing for insolvency should show up on companies house / other business info websites. Aren't they also required to inform people of this as well? i.e on their website which shows nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back