he now hands az over to the u.n

kauphy

Meister Member
i got this sent to me by the western center for journalism.

and what gets me is there are other states that have laws like this one and have had them for awhile and yet az is the only one they are going after.

i have also read that they are trying to pass a childs bill of rights which will take almost all of the parents right to teach their kids about sex and religion and to teach their kids right from wrong away. and put them in the hands of the goverment. am still looking things up on that one.

Apparently Barack Obama is not content to make a federal case out of his immigration feud with Arizona; he just made it an international one.

The president’s first-ever report on U.S. human rights to the UN Human Rights Council contains a rich vein of offensive material. So far, one aspect has not been reported: our petty president used the situation to bashArizona’s immigration law — and possibly transfer jurisdiction over the law from Arizona to the UN. Throughout the report, which sounds like an Obama campaign speech, the president discusses “the original flaw” of the U.S. Constitution, America’s tolerance for slavery, and his version of our long and despicable history of discriminating against and oppressing minorities, women, homosexuals, and the handicapped. After each complaint, he addresses how he is delivering us from ourselves, patting himself on the back for such initiatives as ending “torture,” promoting Affirmative Action, and passing health care legislation.

In his section on “Values and Immigration,” he praised the Department of Homeland Security’s efforts to provide better medical care for detainees and increase “Alternatives To Detention” (e.g., letting them go). Then he turned to the one state that has had the temerity to stand in his way of fundamentally transforming the American electorate:

A recent Arizona law, S.B. 1070, has generated significant attention and debate at home and around the world. The issue is being addressed in a court action that argues that the federal government has the authority to set and enforce immigration law. That action is ongoing; parts of the law are currently enjoined.

On Obama’s command, Attorney General Eric Holder has sued the State of Arizona for passing a law that he criticized without reading, and which merely upholds federal law. (He gave sanctuary cities a pass.) He now threatens an additional lawsuit against Sheriff Joe Arpaio for “racial profiling” when arresting illegal immigrants near the Mexican border.

Obama’s turns his skirmish with Jan Brewer from a states rights dispute into an international human rights cause. It also places Arizona’s law in the hands of the United Nations.

The national report is but the first step of the international government’s review process. On November 5, the United States will be examined by a troika of UN bureaucrats from France, Japan, and Cameroon (an oppressive nation which is a member of the Organization of Islamic Conference). This trio will consider three items: Obama’s self-flagellating report, reports written about America by UN tribunals or international governing bodies, and testimony from NGOs with a pronounced anti-American bias. It will also consider “voluntary pledges and commitments made by the State,” such as suspending an Arizona state law.

Then the French, Japanese, and Cameroon diplomats will draw up a plan of action for the United States to implement.

Nations are re-examined every four years. The Human Rights Council looks for voluntary compliance. However, its website asserts, “The Human Rights Council will decide on the measures it would need to take in case of persistent non-cooperation by a State with the” World Body.

When the Left cannot win at the ballot box (virtually every time), it overrules the people in the courts. Now that Obama is not sure he can prevail in the courts, he has overruled the American people by hauling Arizona and the two-thirds of Americans who support its law before the United Nations.

By Ben Johnson, Floyd Reports

I googled as good as I could, but could only find these stories on blogs, facebook, etc. Where's the story on any Reuters, AP, etc. site?

I had the same problem winbig but did find this one at the Canada Free Press?

Obama administration reports to the UN on human rights issues in U.S.
By Doug Hagmann Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Northeast Intelligence Network

Under the administration of Barack Hussein Obama, the United States submitted its first ever “Universal Periodic Review (UPR) report” to the United Nations. This is the first time in the history of the United Nations that the U.S. has submitted a report to the United Nation’s Human Rights Council, which is the first step in submitting the United States to international review by some of the most repressive and abusive nations in the world. The 29-page report can be read here.

The report is the product of about a dozen conferences held across the U.S. between January and April 2010. The participants of these conferences featured such luminaries as Stephen Rickard and Wendy Patten, from George Soros’ Open Society Institute; Devon Chaffee, Human Rights First; Andrea Prasow, Human Rights Watch; Imad Hamad (a suspected member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP), a Marxist-Leninist terrorist organization), American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee; Dawud Walid, Council American Islamic Relations; Nabih Ayad, Michigan Civil Rights Commission; Ron Scott, Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality; Osama Siblani, Arab American News; Shannon Minter, National Center for Lesbian Rights and Cynthia Soohoo, Center for Reproductive Rights, among others.

According to its authors, the report to the United Nations “gives a partial snapshot of the current human rights situation in the United States, including some of the areas where problems persist in our society.” Obviously, one of the “problems” identified with the report is illegal immigration and Arizona’s own initiate to solve the problem through state legislation. SB 1070 has been a particularly thorny issue to the Obama administration, which has now been moved to an international venue and potential international oversight by the United Nations. The stakes for our national sovereignty have been just raised by the submission of this document, which is the first step of “voluntary compliance” to the provisions of the United Nations’ Human Rights Council.

It is no surprise that the report is dripping with the all too familiar “blame America first” rhetoric that has been the gold-standard of “citizen of the world” Barack Hussein Obama. The report promises that “President Obama remains firmly committed to fixing our broken immigration system…” and promises to work “with fellow members of the Human Rights Council.”

Taking counsel from the list of individuals and organizations, some who have openly called for the subjugation of our country to the United Nations and supported our enemies, while engaging in self-flagellation before an international body of dubious distinction… it’s the “gold-standard” of Barack Hussein Obama.

I googled as good as I could, but could only find these stories on blogs, facebook, etc. Where's the story on any Reuters, AP, etc. site?

try googling untied nation arizona or obama untied nation.

i do wish we could just clean house and get all of them out before america the beautiful is no more:( and when i say all i mean all.

Reply to "http://www.aolnews.com/discuss/feds-sue-toughest-sheriff-joe-arpaio-and-he-

I am sure the Sheriff as an elected official received Legal Advise from his City/County/State legal staff. He would not make these decisions on his own. That's just not how it works. I suspect he and the Officers under his supervision are following the law as well as all other P.D.'s. There are far more areas where law enforcement can and often does exert unfair power over citizens and they do so under the authority of Federal and State laws. Most public law has provisions for "reasonable and customary" or "probable cause" or "emergenent circumstanses"; written in their statutes. This gives law enforcement unbelievable latitude in stops, searches, seizures and arrest without warrant. If people object to the Arizona law on the grounds it is discriminatory or that it gives Officers too much latitude, then the people should be equally upset with current traffic law and search and seizure/arrest laws that basically allow Officers to make decisions based not on fact. Did you know that if you have 2 glasses of an alcoholic beverage at a resturant and then are stopped for a traffic violation, if asked to take a breath test you most likely will not pass? Did you also know that due to ignorance of the law many people are taken advantage of by law enforcement and they allow officers to search their vehicles when there was no probable cause to even stop them. If you know the law and say no to a search, often they take that to mean you are guilty of something or hiding something. Happened to my Son, whom I have taught the law and his rights. He was skating at an outdoor park and found an officer searching his car. He walked up to his car and shut the door. The Officer was not amused. My son asked why he was searching his car? The Officer asked if he was hiding something. My Son said no, you don't have permission to search my car unless you are arresting me. The Officer persisted, "you seem to know the law very well, have you been arrested before? My son replied, no, my Mother told me what my rights are and you don't have probable cause to search my car. The Officer persisted, finally, to my dismay, my Son let him continue his search. He found nothing. When I learned of this I phoned the Police Department and spoke with the Officers superior. I asked him, "how many times does a person have to say no to a request to search their vehicle when they have not been arrested?" He replied, "once". He thanked me for the call as the Officer was a rookie. People, know the law. Educate yourselves. This Arizona law is no different when it comes to traffic stops as any other law

this was my reply to an article regarding the Feds suing an Arizona Sheriff over this law.

So now our tax dollar go to sue individual Sheriffs that are simply following the laws of State and Federal Government?

NO MORE, oust the Dems Nov 2010. Anything is better then their overspending and entitlements meant to makes us all dependant on them!

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Come on, already....

NO MORE, oust the Dems Nov 2010

It's more like: OUST EVERYONE THIS NOVEMBER.

It's not just the DEMS. When are people going to realize that???? IT'S (almost) EVERY SINGLE POLITICIAN CURRENTLY IN OFFICE.

When people start working together instead of being treated like the "Sheeple," then things might change for the better. But this constant bullshit of HE DID THIS, THEY DID THIS, is just driving everyone apart, and is getting pretty damn old. If people spent as much time trying to work together instead of pointing fingers, then maybe we can get something accomplished.

Come on, already....

It's more like: OUST EVERYONE THIS NOVEMBER.

It's not just the DEMS. When are people going to realize that???? IT'S (almost) EVERY SINGLE POLITICIAN CURRENTLY IN OFFICE.

When people start working together instead of being treated like the "Sheeple," then things might change for the better. But this constant bullshit of HE DID THIS, THEY DID THIS, is just driving everyone apart, and is getting pretty damn old. If people spent as much time trying to work together instead of pointing fingers, then maybe we can get something accomplished.

Well said...thank you

Thanks for pointing that out

I guess I am just so tired of dems blaming republicans and calling those of us that want to stop the overspending names like racists, ignorant and the like; that I failed to make the point that all of these Politicians that have been there for years and years need to go, regardless of party.

I wish pelosi, reid, mcconnell, Boehner, hoyer would all go!

We need new ideas and new blood. Energetic people that truly are ready to work hard to make changes and not fall back on how it was, or who did this or that and the like........

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back