New Slot Announcement Donuts by Big Time Gaming

The retrigger in the bonus round is very good, just 2 donuts required and you get another chance on the multiplier screen and 12 more free spins in the bonus. White rabbit occasionally retriggers but you can get between 1-12 extra spins, bonanza only gives you another 5 etc...

The problem is that all this stuff has to be paid for in the RTP somewhere. So for every 12 spin retrigger with more multipliers, there are another 50 dead features (or whatever it is) in the feature 'pay pool' as it were.

After 2500+ spins at a 68% RTP, (video on the channel), can't say I'll be returning for more Donuts.

1/400 as a bonus round frequency is dire, although I was at 1/630 or thereabouts.

The problem is that all this stuff has to be paid for in the RTP somewhere. So for every 12 spin retrigger with more multipliers, there are another 50 dead features (or whatever it is) in the feature 'pay pool' as it were.

After 2500+ spins at a 68% RTP, (video on the channel), can't say I'll be returning for more Donuts.

1/400 as a bonus round frequency is dire, although I was at 1/630 or thereabouts.

yeah I think I should have said very good if you're lucky enough to get it, its bound to be rare, I played it for the first time earlier today at unibet and set my spin to 15p, and with a £10 deposit. At £2.88 left and nearly 100 spins coming up, the bonus landed and this retriggered once, I was expecting the normal measly 5 extra spins so was surprised it gave 12. I won about £18 overall, did a few more spins and withdrew £19. Have been losing too much recently on el rhino, so have to take the small wins where I can :cool:.

Looking forward to your ps4 vid btw, am in the market myself for a console, was going to get the xbox one s for the built in 4k blu ray player but might go up a level to the ps4 pro/xbox one x. The annoying thing is over the last few months I've lost enough playing slots at min stake to have bought 5 ps4 pros and plenty of games, its madness when you think about it.

Right, my first attempt at Donuts since I reviewed it a couple of months ago....

Well if nothing else you've captured the authentic Donuts experience there dunover.

1/400 bonus round frequency with so little RTP in the base game, dreadful stuff.

It's not even like they've done much work in terms of the aesthetics either. The graphics, sound and music are all poor IMO.

The bonus round is good, as both you and I have acknowledged in our videos, but BTG's attitude of 'Yeah 1/400 frequency feels right to us, the playerbase are chumps, they'll chase it, just push it out of the door as it is' needs to be challenged, and the way we do that as players is not give them any of our money.

What a sh*tty game.. i made almost 400 spins. no bonus and only takin my balance without give me good wins yeah wins half of my stakes. Even Starburst does it better :)

For me a no-go-sl*t..

It’s almost like btg have thought, well we created a monster in bonanza and that didn’t phase them. Then extra chilli and although tears were rolling down their cheeks they still came back for more. Just how much can we get away with? Right we will really push it now. We will bring out the complete demon of demons and we will even name it in honour of our loyal fans. If this doesn’t halt them nothing will.

Well if nothing else you've captured the authentic Donuts experience there dunover.

1/400 bonus round frequency with so little RTP in the base game, dreadful stuff.

It's not even like they've done much work in terms of the aesthetics either. The graphics, sound and music are all poor IMO.

The bonus round is good, as both you and I have acknowledged in our videos, but BTG's attitude of 'Yeah 1/400 frequency feels right to us, the playerbase are chumps, they'll chase it, just push it out of the door as it is' needs to be challenged, and the way we do that as players is not give them any of our money.

If 1/400 is so dreadful what frequency do you think slots should be then just out of interest?

I've had a thorough crack on it, so I'm well positioned to comment on this game.

Well, that is, before my loss limit kicked in and barred me from any further action.

But going on those 10 spins, I can confirm it's a world- beater alright, and BTG's finest to date*

*probably not

I had a go on it and got the bonus with a retrigger and x21 multiplier. Result x90. I ran away immediately as the base game is as boring and flat as they come. I will probably give it just a handful of spins now and again and see if I can drop lucky but it’s plainly very scripted Imo.

A quote from BTG's CEO himself in an article I just read....

We’re talking the highest potential of any slot Big Time have done to date. A potential that would make the Queen of Riches blush! Certainly the highest potential of any (non-jackpot) machine conceived to date and it’s already paid out some humdingers during its exclusive launch on PokerStars.

So this slot is capable of more than Queen Of Riches, a slot which has produced not one, but two wins (that I know of) in excess of 19,000x bet in the past 12 months.
More than DHV, which has produced at least two wins of over 13,000x as well as a base game win of over 7500x.
More than Bonanza, which has produced a feature win of over 14,000x and base game wins of over 3000x.

And we've already seen a FS multiplier of 93x.

Well at least I know what I am letting myself in for now...pain, lots of pain.

Had about 4 sessions on this now trying to get a feel for the game.
Game is not balanced, the bonus frequency,bonus return and base game play do not
sit well with each other, something went wrong with the idea.
Each session ,I was chasing losses, all the time, ending up with disappointing feature,bit like Netent.
I felt cheated as on the demo play vids,the 50x multiplier seemed to come up frequently,in real
play the highest single donut multiplier was 3x.
After a couple of thousand plays, the RTP is around 75%.
Think the game will be ok for laundering, oops,recycling battle winnings at 5p play, but cannot
see me giving it much more serious play.

Yes, it's possible to get at least 4x2x2x3 purples in the bonus spins, probably more. So say 48x15 @ 90 multiplier is 64,800x bet. Theoretically Bonanza can do say 48 ways of Diamonds (we've seen a screenie of that here in the base game recently) on a 20x multiplier which is 48,000x, more or less depending as with Donuts what multiplier you're on. Pie-in-the-sky admittedly but it will no doubt happen to some lucky bastard.

When I was speaking to the BTG chap via PM he did tell me that in testing it produced some colossal base game hits.

Yes, it's possible to get at least 4x2x2x3 purples in the bonus spins, probably more. So say 48x15 @ 90 multiplier is 64,800x bet. Theoretically Bonanza can do say 48 ways of Diamonds (we've seen a screenie of that here in the base game recently) on a 20x multiplier which is 48,000x, more or less depending as with Donuts what multiplier you're on. Pie-in-the-sky admittedly but it will no doubt happen to some lucky bastard.

When I was speaking to the BTG chap via PM he did tell me that in testing it produced some colossal base game hits.

We’ve seen multiplers in excess of 170 already. I highly doubt it will be possible to achieve >120.000X hits. Looking at the source code for the client it seems Donuts only has two reel sets (well, it’s actually three, but the last one acts as a substitute reel for the donut boxen), one for the base game and one for the feature. I’ll have a closer look tonight and see what the highest purple hit is, assuming that is actually the highest.

Had about 4 sessions on this now trying to get a feel for the game.
Game is not balanced, the bonus frequency,bonus return and base game play do not
sit well with each other, something went wrong with the idea.
Each session ,I was chasing losses, all the time, ending up with disappointing feature,bit like Netent.
I felt cheated as on the demo play vids,the 50x multiplier seemed to come up frequently,in real
play the highest single donut multiplier was 3x.
After a couple of thousand plays, the RTP is around 75%.
Think the game will be ok for laundering, oops,recycling battle winnings at 5p play, but cannot
see me giving it much more serious play.
I had all the boxes full apart from 3 and the x50 was missing. A bit smelly me thinks.

Tried this and on my 711 spins I had the bonus 4 times, multi was between 10x and 14x each returning around 80-90x and one green donut spin in base game of 80x. think I got lucky @ 98%. Small sample I know but my pockets aren't generally deep enough to play BTG games.

(my rtp on all other BTG games is between 60% and 80% ranging from a few hundred spins on some to 8 thousand on others)

dnut.jpg

Last edited:

Well in that same article I read it said the following - on the very next paragraph...

I’m super exited to see more and more players winning big from Donuts network-wide launch on the 4th of July. The pay table spells out the potential, with a base game hit that can deliver 7 boxes, four of which will open up the same Donuts. The other 3 could hold up to x4 Wilds, you can do the math and that’s just the base game! The feature is another thing altogether but be warned – the game is as highly volatile as games can get (to date)!

So I'm assuming (I might well be wrong though) that the 7 boxes would be distributed as follows: One box on reel 1, two boxes each on reels 2, 3 and 4.

If that is the case, then would that make the potential max base game win 4 (box of 4 donuts) x8 (box of 4 donuts plus 4x wild) x8 (same as reel 2) x8 (same as reel 2) = 2048 ways of 4 purple donuts @ 15x = 30,720x?

The thing is though it says it is up to 2,401 ways to win (ie 7x7x7x7=2401). So I'm wondering how you can get 8 ways per reel on reels 2, 3 and 4?
Perhaps the maths in the game means that you can't have a box of 4 donuts and a 4x wild on the same reel,
but you can have a box of 3 donuts and 4x wild or a box of 4 donuts and a 3x wild?
Who knows, I certainly don't, because I've just not played it long enough.

Even in freeplay mode, I've yet to see a reel put out a combo of anything better than a box of 4 donuts and a 2x wild (or a 3x wild and a box of 3).

As for the bonus, the boxes are removed. And I'm not sure about this, but I haven't seen any 2x, 3x or 4x wilds during the feature.
So maybe all wilds in the bonus are 1x wilds.
But even if that is the case, the loss of those boxes and 2x - 4x wilds would be offset somewhat by the huge multiplier potential.

For the record Mr. D, I have seen the purple donuts fully stacked on reel 4 during the feature, so that means you can get at least 4x2x2x4 of purples in the feature, which makes it 64 ways @ 15x = 960x before you even apply the multiplier.

So it might well be that 100,000x is actually achievable.

"So it might well be that 100,000x is actually achievable."

yeah if its on the reels its just a matter of time before someone hits it. I give it about 3 months before we have screenies of that hit. Just like its with other btg games, their max potential hits dont come often, but. Well there is no but.

seriously now, why are we discussing max hit potential in slots where we know its just not going to happen?

speaking of which, it still doesnt really match bonanza with its potentially billion x hits that you could get on x51 multi and 128 ways of diamonds.

btg is really good at setting up seemingly unlimited potential for their slots so people go crazy about it. I mean it works for them so fair play to btg but discussing max potential win on btg slot is kinda pointless isnt it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back