Books anyone?

ksech

Dormant account
I am an avid reader and am always looking for new authors. I choose not to watch tv, but do enjoy watching a good movie or reading a good book to pass the time. I average 3-5 books a week (yes I need a life!) LOL. I'm ecletic, as I read just about anything.

Last weeks reads were:
Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult (She keeps you on an emotional roller coaster through all of her books)
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown (This book kept me rivetted right to the end)
To Dance with the White Dog by Terry kay (very good book about life from the perspective of an older person)
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
The good Woman by Danielle Steele

Books read which I would like to share/recommend:
The Shack (can't remember the author)
Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson
The Long Road Home by Dannielle Steele

Anyone else care to share?

I am an avid reader and am always looking for new authors. I choose not to watch tv, but do enjoy watching a good movie or reading a good book to pass the time. I average 3-5 books a week (yes I need a life!) LOL. I'm ecletic, as I read just about anything.

Last weeks reads were:
Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult (She keeps you on an emotional roller coaster through all of her books)
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown (This book kept me rivetted right to the end)
To Dance with the White Dog by Terry kay (very good book about life from the perspective of an older person)
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
The good Woman by Danielle Steele

Books read which I would like to share/recommend:
The Shack (can't remember the author)
Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson
The Long Road Home by Dannielle Steele

Anyone else care to share?

I also am an avid reader. I am on a break right now. I get so involved when I read it is one book after the next. I Just finished all of Dr.Brian Weiss's books. They were truly amazing. The first one I read years ago is called, Many Lives Many Masters. I didn't get to his other books until recently and they were really so fascinating I could not not put it down and went from one to the next book very quickly.

Last edited:
I was so taken wth the "Davinci Code" I bought and read all of Dan Brown's books within the month LOL. Liked them ll - his style is just very me - easy to read, gripping yarns. Now have "The Lost Symbol" coming for Xmas :)

I go through phases - like right now I have a pile of stuff I can't get motivated to read, but when I start I'll probably read 3 or 4. From a fictional POV I've been enjoying Robert Harris recently.

Am also very interested in Ancient Rome so I read a lot of both fictional and factual books on that subject. In fact the BBC book "Rome" was the most recent account I read and damn good it was too. No surprise therefore that "Gladiator" is my favourite film, and now slot game LOL ;)

Next up for me is either "The Apocalypse Watch" by Robert Ludlum or "Not For Caesar" by Peter Jones.

Am also very interested in Ancient Rome so I read a lot of both fictional and factual books on that subject. In fact the BBC book "Rome" was the most recent account I read and damn good it was too. No surprise therefore that "Gladiator" is my favourite film, and now slot game LOL ;)...

Ahh we share an interest.
I have a constantly growing collection of Roman Artifacts, most from the early Republic era.

Me too!

I find the ancient Roman period from the Punic wars to the decline of the empire really interesting in terms of its engineering skill, development of law, military domination and culture... but the cruelty of some of its practices.

Ever read the four book series on Julius Caesar written and clearly deeply researched by Con Iggulden?

He puts a narrative twist into historical fact and it makes absorbing reading. He is also working is way through the life and times of Genghis Khan which is another winner.

I'm currently reading The October Horse, an alternative take on Julius Caesar (who had one helluva life) and the period immediately following the civil war written by Colleen McCullough - not as gripping as the Iggulden style imo but incredibly well researched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back