Black Friday

Do did any y'all go (or are going) for Black Friday deals?

It's not as big here in Canada, though we did borrow it from the US - our big day is mostly Boxing Day (day after Xmas)

Seems to be a split - 1/2 gung-ho, 1/2 anti-idea.
Me? I'm poor, I'll take deals as they become available.
So midnight, I ordered myself a 46" for the x-box and bedroom, and told my mom, congrats, you bought me a tv for xmas, I put in on your mastercard lol

It's not as big here in Canada, though we did borrow it from the US - our big day is mostly Boxing Day (day after Xmas)

Seems to be a split - 1/2 gung-ho, 1/2 anti-idea.
Me? I'm poor, I'll take deals as they become available.
So midnight, I ordered myself a 46" for the x-box and bedroom, and told my mom, congrats, you bought me a tv for xmas, I put in on your mastercard lol

It's something that has floated across the pond into the UK not unlike that new pool a rich couple thought great for the kids only to see a turd floating on the top of it. Perhaps a suggestion that it seemed a good idea at the time.

I don't pretend to know the U.S. model but I suspect it works on selling top brands at vastly reduced prices but with the caveat of limited quantities to encourage the I must buy this before it goes away.

There is a Supermarket chain in the UK that has a parent company called Walmart (as we all know is U.S. based) that was probably the biggest component in these Black Friday events called Asda.

The savvy amongst us know that we need to wait for the bargains in real natural time and this is when a product comes to it's end of life cycle, just before a new model comes out.

But there are idiots and they live amongst us all that can't grasp the concept that a great deal is as said great but not one that needs aggression or one that could validate getting arrested for, I'd love a bigger and better TV at a knockdown price but I'd never even think of getting all "stir crazy" if I missed the chance and to think I could have Two at a bargain price pushes the limits.

This type of marketing should be banned as it brings out the worst in the worst type of people, in my IMO

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

****disclaimer: I know it's not y'alls fault****

smiley-angry016.gif

I of course have to work these god awful days. All the fighting, and crowds, and bad attitudes.....are given me a bad attitude. I went in last night happy that it's the holiday season. Stupidly I dismissed all the "other" worked holiday seasons, but no worries, the mean spirited greedy little holiday demons reminded me. I wasn't even able to make it home in the middle of the night to see my wife like I wanted :(

Sorry to be the downer in the thread, but honestly I just want this to be over. I actually dread going in tonight. I want to be happy, and I hate the fact that I'm sure my displeasure comes across to some citizens.....I try to smile mamma, I really do.

On a brighter note. Kids have been a joy. No I don't have any but all of the kids I've come across are so full of joy and have been extremely polite. Had one run up to me and "help" with a case. Told me everything he saw, and who was at fault. That tickled me pink :oops:. It's just the adults that are eating away at my soul.

I did by a video game I've been wanting for fairly cheap...

I like that happens at the perfect time to give you a chance to buy Christmas presents cheaper than usual.

I'd never line up to get in a store right when it opens, or even go to a store period, I just shop from home.

One year about a week before Christmas I was looking for something, I don't even remember what it was now but we were driving past a Walmart and decided to stop in and see if they had it. We had to park like a mile away, then there were two separate slanging matches going on in the parking lot. We walked in and there was a bottleneck of people standing at the door, then this one woman came storming in with a cart and just plowed it through everyone. We got through the doors and there was garbage on the floor, screaming kids everywhere, people with one cart piled so high they couldn't see, dragging another cart behind them, smashing into people and things. There was stuff getting knocked off shelves and other people trampling on it. I had people elbowing me and stomping on my feet - it was absolute mayhem.

I'm a pretty laid back person, but I started getting really pissed off at all the rudeness and inconsideration. I turned around and headed for the door before I'd gotten more than 20 feet inside and I've never been so glad to get out of a place in my life.

Nothing kills your Christmas spirit like a trip to Walmart over the holidays. Black Friday, not on your life.

I can't complain - mine was Wal-mart, and it was for a price for less than I was willing to pay anyway for something I wanted regardless...so it all worked out (i was asking for the tv for xmas in any case, and this way mom paid less than had she gone to the store later).
I ordered online, so no muss, no fuss, no lines, and free delivery

I can't complain - mine was Wal-mart, and it was for a price for less than I was willing to pay anyway for something I wanted regardless...so it all worked out (i was asking for the tv for xmas in any case, and this way mom paid less than had she gone to the store later).
I ordered online, so no muss, no fuss, no lines, and free delivery

I can’t be doing with the warmongering over a cut price vacuum cleaner, a dozy leaf blower, a washing machine that’s A class rated in energy efficiency or some kind of tablet that displays the weather in real time and offers me a copy of “Robinson Crusoe” for free in pdf or epub!

I won’t queue and I won’t put myself in a position to even feel I need too.

And I certainly won't set the alarm clock to ring at any ungodly hour for a piece of plastic that I could get with little fuss at a later time of my choosing. :lolsign:

They seem to be trying to get this 'Black Friday' thing integrated into the UK, Asda took part yesterday and I saw on the news people were fighting and customers actually battered a security guard when he told them '1 item per customer'.

Bad form when you are fighting over items sold in a supermarket.

I wonder if the same stampede would have happened in Aldi or Netto (discount supermarkets for those that aren't UK residents).

They seem to be trying to get this 'Black Friday' thing integrated into the UK, Asda took part yesterday and I saw on the news people were fighting and customers actually battered a security guard when he told them '1 item per customer'.

Bad form when you are fighting over items sold in a supermarket.

I wonder if the same stampede would have happened in Aldi or Netto (discount supermarkets for those that aren't UK residents).

I don’t want to seem disingenuous in pointing out the article probably picked out the worst of the worst in the probably the worst demographic you could angle a survey towards? :D

I don’t want to seem disingenuous in pointing out the article probably picked out the worst of the worst in the probably the worst demographic you could angle a survey towards? :D

Not quite sure what you are saying, are you saying Belfast/Bristol are pretty rough areas?

If so, any area has it's rough patches, even Preston, where I live, however living in a rough area doesn't legitimise acting like animals competing for a piece of meat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back