Birthday parties

Well, what can I say, only 1 child turned up for the party, my daughter was absolutely devastated, that will be the last time any of her so-called friends will be invited. Today though, she got a phone call from one friend explaining to her why she couldn't make it, non the less we tried to make the day enjoyable for her.

In all honesty I felt for my little girl :(

My goodness that is so unfortunate. I say WTF is wrong with the parents of the invited children? Guess your daughter learned a valuable but hard lesson about what it means to be a "true friend". Well she will remember that her family made her special day a good one!

Feel for ya:)

Last edited:
OK the mom in me is coming out now big time. 1st Did the parents RSVP for the party? If so I would be calling and telling them just how bad my kid felt because of there rudeness. 2nd I would explain to my daughter not to take it so bad that some kids may have wanted to come but their parents were at fault. My daughter has been invited to parties and two come to mind. One mom wrote wrong date and when no one showed up she started calling people, that's how she found out. We rallied the troops and we were there within the hour. The 2nd party I remember was my daughter was invited by the child to a party and I blew it off because the parent never contacted me. When the mom called I said I'm sorry she told me but I didn't know if it was kids making plans or if there was an actual party. I was waiting for you to call she laughed and said your the 4th parent that has said that to me today, so we got dressed got the gift and headed over to the party.

However I would still call the parents.

Well, what can I say, only 1 child turned up for the party, my daughter was absolutely devastated, that will be the last time any of her so-called friends will be invited. Today though, she got a phone call from one friend explaining to her why she couldn't make it, non the less we tried to make the day enjoyable for her.

In all honesty I felt for my little girl :(

That's just crappy.:(

That's just crap. I hope your daughter and the one child who DID show up had a great time despite the absence of the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back