Anyone Watch The Debate Last Night?

didnt get a chance to watch, was told that it got pretty heated..............laurie

bits and pieces...as usual the media will steer clear of anything important. every network is talking about joe the plumber. that f*ckin guy will be on letterman in a week!:)

bits and pieces...as usual the media will steer clear of anything important. every network is talking about joe the plumber. that f*ckin guy will be on letterman in a week!:)
I don't think so. Seems old Joe has connections to the Keating family...
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I saw the debate and it was the best of them all. Obama was cool, calm and collected and true to form McCain came across as and 'angry old man'. :eek2:

I loved how he had to find words to describe Palin. :lolup:

I thought that it was odd that McCain kept talking about 'Joe the plumber' and now I see why. :thumbsup:

=============================================​

October 16, 2008 Filed Under 2008 Election, Barack Obama, John McCain
Joe The Plumber, aka Joe Wurzelbacher, the Toledo plumber who became the hot topic of the last Presidential debate due to his rope-line confrontation with Barack Obamas over the Democratic candidates tax plan, may not be a plumber, and may not be planning to buy a plumbing business where he will be netting $250,000 a year.

He isnt in the Toledo Yellow Pages, he isnt registered to vote and its more likely that his existence as a plumber buying a $250K business is as sincere as Sarah Palin asking Joe Biden if she can call him Joe.

Isnt it interesting that Joe is buying a business that is making a profit of exactly $250K, the Obama tax break minimum. If were talking a business that is bottom lining at $250K, a standard business acquisition falls into the 4 to 1 investment area, which would call for Joe

is buying a business that is making a profit of exactly $250K, the Obama tax break minimum. A normal business acquisition falls into the 4 to 1 investment area, which would call for Joe to come up with $1,000,000 to purchase his $250K business. If that plumbing business had assets like trucks, equipment and offices, the cost could be far more.

Add to that Wurzelbacher doesnt appear in the Toledo Yellow Pages listings, yet has been able to put together at least a million to invest, especially in these dire economic times, you begin to wonder whether Joe is a plumber or did someone in the McCain campaign find him in central casting?

Most important, if he is really a plumber, where the ass crack?

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

BTW as of 3:30pm 'Joe the plumber' is no longer talking to the media. :what:

Update: He is also registered to vote, BUT as a REPUBLICAN. :D

I saw the debate and it was the best of them all. Obama was cool, calm and collected and true to form McCain came across as and 'angry old man'. :eek2:

I couldn't agree with you more GamTrak...that was exactly my impression too and I'm not even voting for Obama or McCain...

I thought that it was odd that McCain kept talking about 'Joe the plumber' and now I see why. :thumbsup:

=============================================​

October 16, 2008 Filed Under 2008 Election, Barack Obama, John McCain
Joe The Plumber, aka Joe Wurzelbacher, the Toledo plumber who became the hot topic of the last Presidential debate due to his rope-line confrontation with Barack Obama’s over the Democratic candidate’s tax plan, may not be a plumber, and may not be planning to buy a plumbing business where he will be netting $250,000 a year.

He isn’t in the Toledo Yellow Pages, he isn’t registered to vote and it’s more likely that his existence as a plumber buying a $250K business is as sincere as Sarah Palin asking Joe Biden if she can call him “Joe.”

Isn’t it interesting that Joe is buying a business that is making a profit of exactly $250K, the Obama tax break minimum. If we’re talking a business that is bottom lining at $250K, a standard business acquisition falls into the 4 to 1 investment area, which would call for Joe

is buying a business that is making a profit of exactly $250K, the Obama tax break minimum. A normal business acquisition falls into the 4 to 1 investment area, which would call for Joe to come up with $1,000,000 to purchase his $250K business. If that plumbing business had assets like trucks, equipment and offices, the cost could be far more.

Add to that Wurzelbacher doesn’t appear in the Toledo Yellow Pages listings, yet has been able to put together at least a million to invest, especially in these dire economic times, you begin to wonder whether Joe is a plumber or did someone in the McCain campaign find him in central casting?

Most important, if he is really a plumber, where’ the ass crack?

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

BTW as of 3:30pm 'Joe the plumber' is no longer talking to the media. :what:

Update: He is also registered to vote, BUT as a REPUBLICAN. :D

He was most likely a plant by the McCain party since McCain has been suffering tremendous losses in the polls lately...;)

If you want a site that reflects your viewpoint only, don't go to FactCheck.org. However, if you want to see how some of the key points of the debate measure up against what's public record, FactCheck really seems to try to give a fair an overview AND they admit it when they screw up. :)

#

# McCain described Colombia as the "largest agricultural importer of our products." Actually, Canada imports the most U.S. farm products, and Colombia is far down the list.

This guy doesn't even know this fact, but wants to lead our government?

Maybe he was thinking about Cocaine & Dubya.

Don't laugh, it may be true!

....and I leave you on this note.

(I wonder why Dubya didn't choose this for his campaign song in either 2000 or 2004...:confused:)

...and...

:D

Oh, I don't doubt for a minute that's it's true...one of the most crookedest presidents of all time...ever wonder with all of our technology and fire power why we have not taken out all those poppy fields in Afghanistan that they produce all of the opium from yet ??

Oh, I don't doubt for a minute that's it's true...one of the most crookedest presidents of all time...ever wonder with all of our technology and fire power why we have not taken out all those poppy fields in Afghanistan that they produce all of the opium from yet ??

Funny that you should mention that. This article just came out the 10th :)

NATO Agrees to Take Aim at Afghan Drug Trade
By JUDY DEMPSEY and JOHN F. BURNS
Published: October 10, 2008

BUDAPEST — NATO defense ministers agreed Friday to allow troops operating in Afghanistan to attack drug lords and their networks supporting the escalating insurgency in the country.

The United States has identified opium trafficking in Afghanistan as a primary target in the battle against the Taliban, but many poor farmers who toil in the poppy fields, above, depend on it.

The agreement came after strong pressure from the United States, which has identified opium trafficking in Afghanistan — the source of more than 90 percent of the world’s heroin supplies — as a primary target in the stepped-up battle against the Taliban insurgency that American commanders have begun mapping out in recent weeks.

But the accord also accommodates objections from some of the 26 NATO nations that contribute troops to the 50,000-strong NATO force. Attacks on drug “facilities and facilitators supporting the insurgency” are to occur only if the NATO and Afghan troops involved have the authorization of their own governments, a provision that will allow dissenting nations to opt out of counternarcotics strikes.

The compromise appeared to satisfy the two American officials who pushed the case for the new policy at a meeting here, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates and Gen. John Craddock, the supreme NATO commander. Afterward, Mr. Gates said that the accord would allow “some to do things that others did not want to do,” and added, “It’s better than nothing.”

On the drug policy, the United States once again ran into a problem that has beset the Afghan war: the widely-differing levels of commitment by its NATO partners, some of whom have committed troops to the effort, but have insisted that they remain in areas of Afghanistan where insurgent threats are low. Reluctance to widening the NATO mandate to include attacks on drug networks has come from Germany, Italy, Poland and Spain, among other nations.

Their fear has been that attacks on drug lords, laboratories and supply networks will further alienate ordinary Afghans who have grown wary or hostile toward NATO troops, undercutting efforts to curb the insurgency and increasing threats to NATO troops.

The drug trade is estimated to account for about half of Afghanistan’s meager economy, and some of the nation’s poorest people, including farmers who toil in the poppy fields, are dependent on incomes that flow directly or indirectly from narcotics. The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, in a recent survey on the 2008 opium yield in Afghanistan, estimated that the average income for the 500,000 families involved in the opium harvest amounted to nearly $2,000.

There have also been concerns that attacks on drug networks will depend heavily on intelligence supplied by Afghans, which has often proved unreliable, contributing to the deaths of civilians in attacks. Afghanistan’s president, Hamid Karzai, under pressure from NATO members to rid his government of the corruption and incompetence they say are hampering the war effort, has been increasingly shrill in recent months in his criticism of the civilian toll taken by NATO military action, particularly American airstrikes.

Mr. Karzai has also opposed the forceful eradication of poppy crops, something that did not appear to be sanctioned by the new NATO mandate. Mr. Karzai has argued that other measures, including crop substitution and public education programs, along with foreign aid that provides jobs, are the most effective ways of cutting opium production without the violence likely to be provoked by crop eradication.

But American commanders have concluded that gaining the upper hand in the fight against the resurgent Taliban will require depriving the insurgents of income from the drug trade, which the top American commander in Afghanistan, Gen. David D. McKiernan, estimated at a Washington briefing last week to be a minimum of $100 million.

Despite the misgivings among some NATO allies, the American push for a NATO mandate that includes attacks on drug networks fueling the insurgency has been backed by the Afghan government, which reiterated the sentiment at the Budapest meeting.

The need for more aggressive action against the drug lords has also been pressed by the United Nations drug agency. In its August report, authored by its executive director, Antonio Maria Costa of Italy, it noted the “inextricable link between drugs and conflict,” and without referring to or sanctioning military action, said that something needed to be done.

Beyond that, the American commanders have been supported by Britain, whose 8,000 troops in Afghanistan are second only in numbers, among NATO nations, to the 33,000 American troops. British support is particularly significant, since most of the British troops are concentrated in Helmand Province in the southwest, the heartland of the opium trade and one of the most intensive battlefields of the insurgency. United Nations figures estimate that Helmand alone accounts for more than 50 percent of the country’s opium production.

According to the recent United Nations survey, 98 percent of Afghanistan’s opium comes from seven provinces in the southwest, with no opium at all produced in half of the country’s 34 provinces. The bulk of the NATO troops operating in the southwest come from the United States, Britain, Canada and Denmark, and it is those nations that are likely to be most affected by the new NATO mandate.

Together with the United States, Britain and Canada have already taken the heaviest casualties among the NATO nations fighting the Taliban and Al Qaeda, with NATO troops who have died in the seven-year war now approaching 1,000, including more than 600 Americans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back