Tips ALL £10 Scratchcards to stop being sold in the UK

ESCJAMIE

He/Him. High Voltage Only
MM
Not sure if been posted before so remove if so

When asked on twitter why they responded

The reason is that our player protection programme has shown that, unlike other National Lottery products, £10 Scratchcards over-index among problem gamblers – so we've decided to stop selling these products once stocks already in shops have run out.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

See Related Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
The wheels for this has been in motion for a good 5-6 months round by us.

The £10 more or less vanished overnight, the choice of 2-3 £5 ones in now a choice of 7-8, go figure eh lol :rolleyes:

Have not brought one in 5 years+ but the addiction is crazy for some, regularly see tonnes of losing cards discarded all over the floor outside our local shops(s)

Scratchcards must have the worst odds of winning a half decent prize..
I buy them seldom, sometimes when I get petrol and have a few coins in spare change..

Here you get scratchcards of €20.00 and back home in The Netherlands I believe there are some for sale for €50.00!!

Best I ever did was €100.00 on a €5.00 card but most of the times it is a non winner or some joke prize like a free card or €1.00..

What I don't get is people spending 10 minutes in the locale, scratching card after card.

I mean round here, if anything of note was revealed to be won, feral gangs of youths (& elderly) would jump you quicker than you'd say "I WO-"

I remember back in the day selling Gas & Electric I was up in pontefract on one of the estates and this women blew £200 in £10 scratchcards in about 15 mins while I was in the shop and the staff said she did that every day. God knows where she got the money from but I suppose it's like doing £10 spins online.

God knows where she got the money from but I suppose it's like doing £10 spins online.

Except with an RTP that's 24% lower and a really shitty prize distribution that makes it very difficult to actually win.

Its Paul Sandwell I feel sorry for. He lives for the things. In his words he is 'The king of the cards'. I have my own opinion on him but I dont talk badly about people behind their back (unless Im sitting with my therapist)

Its Paul Sandwell I feel sorry for. He lives for the things. In his words he is 'The king of the cards'. I have my own opinion on him but I dont talk badly about people behind their back (unless Im sitting with my therapist)
OMG Thats litteraly how I found out about this as I use to watch hes vlog channel and now and again watch hes scractards videos and I came across one few days ago and he mentied it. The amount of money he spends on then and loses I have no idea how he survives, He might have a phone repair shop but blimey how he makes money overall I have never knew.

Wait until the next generation of 'Feature Buy Scratchcards' come in at £100+ a throw.
:D

P.S. I like the new feature on the electric toys car and train in the lobby of my local supermarket - the kiddies can get 60 seconds for their 50p or red-black gamble for 2 minutes movement or static sit-down if they lose.

Anyone streaming scratchcards yet or did i finally found my chance to get rich and famous by scratching £1000 cards in few minutes and getting huge affiliate earnings :cheers:

OMG Thats litteraly how I found out about this as I use to watch hes vlog channel and now and again watch hes scractards videos and I came across one few days ago and he mentied it. The amount of money he spends on then and loses I have no idea how he survives, He might have a phone repair shop but blimey how he makes money overall I have never knew.

He makes his money through You Tube = when they cut the payouts to channels a few years back he admitted as much - his words - less earnings less scratchcards, more views more income more cards

they have 100$ scratch tickets in Ontario Canada that's nuts not me. I buy the odd 5$ ticket for wife. On vs they have 23 scratch tickets. From 10cents to 10$ from hacksaw gaming I played the 1$ one called scratch bronze won 20$ 3 times in a row ty see you lol

He makes his money through You Tube = when they cut the payouts to channels a few years back he admitted as much - his words - less earnings less scratchcards, more views more income more cards
Thats what he said but its bs, its normally around £1 for 1000 views theres not a chance he was making enough to cover the cost of the videos he also use to gamble a lot more without recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back