AGAINST THE BAILOUT-SIGN THE PETITION

I was just watching the Jay Leno show and his guest is Russell Crowe and he just made a comment that really made a hell of a lot of sense, he said...instead of giving all of these banks and the wall street tycoons $700 billion for their mistakes, why not just give the 300 million Americans one million dollars each (tax free) and let them choose what to do with it...this way the economy would be noticeably stimulated a hell of a lot faster than with the $700 billion bailout and the citizens would definitely be on board !! :thumbsup:

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

That'll be the day. Be lucky that we got our $3-600 stimulus payment. :rolleyes:

MY EARLIER POSTS AND EMAILS TO REPRESENTATIVES SUGGEST THIS

Spending 700 million on the "bail out" might as well burn the money!

Makes sence to provide low interest FHA loans to those who are in foreclosure and who's income can support the refi. Better than worthless debt and flooded real estate market.

or, just let the home market make the correction and compensate tax payers with a one-time deduction based upon loss of value or similar provision. Low home prices will mean more buyers can afford homes. Less homes on market hight prices; law of supply and demand

Also, allow all investors regardless of income bracket to deduct interest and expenses on second homes. The tax law on this changed and excluded higher income brackets from this deduction about 18 years ago. When they did that there were a flood of homes on the market. Home prices went down. Allowing this deduction will entice investors and those wanting a second/vaction home

Economist have already suggested using the 700 billion to stimulate the economy by giving it to taxpayers is more effective than bailing out mismanaged companies.

Anyone see the stock market today?

I guess saying the DOW went through the roof would be overstating.... Naaa

I heard all the talking heads on the main stream news say the market rose so much because of hopes of a deal tomorrow.... I say that is crap, I say the market went up BECAUSE the Bail Out failed...

But it looks like we are gonna get a Bail Out of the thieves that are running those Banks and credit companies, no matter if we want it or not. All the lobbyists in Washington have been in overdrive the last few days. Everybody wants a piece of our $700 Billion...

Just watch the markets fall after the Bail Out deal is signed... :mad:

I was just watching the Jay Leno show and his guest is Russell Crowe and he just made a comment that really made a hell of a lot of sense, he said...instead of giving all of these banks and the wall street tycoons $700 billion for their mistakes, why not just give the 300 million Americans one million dollars each (tax free) and let them choose what to do with it...this way the economy would be noticeably stimulated a hell of a lot faster than with the $700 billion bailout and the citizens would definitely be on board !! :thumbsup:

Thats a great idea - they can even tax it so they will have money back in the till and Americans ( true Americans ) can once again feel worthwhile.

That is a stunning answer. My gawd, we would all be millionaires with money to spare.

yes and a pack of gum would cost 400 bucks. actors should stick to acting not politics and definitely not math...300 million x a million is 300 trillion dollars. lol.

is crowe even a citizen? let him worry about his mates down under.
The Idea was an American Idea, Mr. Crowe was just repeating it as have 10 of thousands of Americans.

Well this "Bail Out" must be needed, George Bush and all his cronies say so!

And we all know George Bush is always right and always has the best interest of the people of this country in mind....

Lets see, the last time G.W. Bush said we 'HAD' to do something for the good of the country... We invaded Iraq, looking for Weapons of Mass Destruction... That turned out real well... So why not blindly follow him again and give his friends $700 Billion?

Good stuff, IMO:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

The overall economy doesn't even face a liquidity crisis in the current turmoil. Consumer, commercial/industrial, and real estate loans are all up over last year. Main Street is doing fine. The liquidity crisis is confined to Wall Street, between and among investment banks, insurance and securities firms, and hedge funds. There is the possibility that the contagion could spread, but in a global capital market, this is hardly certain.
I agree with most of the talking points in that article there Bryan, with the exception of the two I highlighted above...

This guy does definitely not live on main street like most of us do, Main Street is not doing fine, it's also not in the worst shape it has ever been in either but it is definitely not doing fine as he says...if it were then consumer spending would not be at all time lows...

And as far as "The liquidity crisis" being confined to Wall Street is total BS as we all know how many Americans have already had their credit lines decreased or even for that matter totally cut off...cash is not available to the consumer like it has been in previous years which in the long run will probably be better for Americans anyway and help keep their ass out of so much debt but it is not only confined to Wall Street as he states...

You just gotta love the way the politicos minds work.

American Politicians believe, If people don't like what your doing, don't change what your doing, just call it something different and people are so stupid they'll fall for it. (one of Karl Roves ideas)

Lets see, we'll call the largest removal of American Citizens Civil Rights, the "Patriot Act", that way anyone that disagrees with us we can call un-patriotic.

Whats this..... Folks don't like the "Wall Street Bail Out", we won't really change anything but the name.... We'll call it the "Tax Payer Rescue Act", that way the dumb asses will be all for it...

What really gets me, is that this calling "it" something different crap works on about 25% of the people in this country. That many people can't really be that stupid, can they?

On a serious note:
The Market closed down slightly, DJIA -19.59, NASDAQ -22.2, A lot of people are saying the only reason the market did not rise again was because the politicos, won't let the "Bail Out" die...

You just gotta love the way the politicos minds work.

American Politicians believe, If people don't like what your doing, don't change what your doing, just call it something different and people are so stupid they'll fall for it. (one of Karl Roves ideas)

Lets see, we'll call the largest removal of American Citizens Civil Rights, the "Patriot Act", that way anyone that disagrees with us we can call un-patriotic.
Whats this..... Folks don't like the "Wall Street Bail Out", we won't really change anything but the name.... We'll call it the "Tax Payer Rescue Act", that way the dumb asses will be all for it...

What really gets me, is that this calling "it" something different crap works on about 25% of the people in this country. That many people can't really be that stupid, can they?

LOL...ain't that the damn truth...:rolleyes:

Well here it is the Monday after the "Bail-Out" was signed and the stock market is dropping like a rock, it has dropped over 412 points this morning, as I write this...

God I hate it when I'm right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back