Affiliate programs

maxlevine

Webmaster
webmeister
Wasn't sure where to ask my q, here or in "Casino Industry". It concerns affiliates.

I have been wondering about this after seeing some websites promoting casinos that are less than respectable, and others justifying unethical behavior.

Let's say you've been promoting casinos from the group... "Best Online Casinos" for a year and now have a nice bank of players. Something happens that leads you to question this group's ethics and you then choose not to promote them on your site anymore. Do you still get income from the players who are still playing in those casinos or does the program implies that you must promote them in order to receive any payments?

Max

P.S.: Ah! There it is! I knew I should have looked further for the right folder. Thanks Bryan :)

P.P.S.: Now wait a second! Didn't you just create this folder? :what:
 
Last edited:

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
maxlevine said:
Wasn't sure where to ask my q, here or in "Casino Industry". It concerns affiliates.

I have been wondering about this after seeing some websites promoting casinos that are less than respectable, and others justifying unethical behavior.

Let's say you've been promoting casinos from the group... "Best Online Casinos" for a year and now have a nice bank of players. Something happens that leads you to question this group's ethics and you then choose not to promote them on your site anymore.

Max
I think it all depends on how the webmaster wants to handle this. If you have a large bank of players there - you should still be paid since these are the players you brought to them on a silver platter (so to speak) :D

If you are receiving revenue from a group of casinos that you feel uncomfortable with, then part with the money via donations to Gamcare or local school or to something that makes you feel good.

maxlevine said:
Do you still get income from the players who are still playing in those casinos or does the program implies that you must promote them in order to receive any payments?
It depends on the program. I don't think I've ever seen a clause that says that a webmaster must actively promote them in order to receive funds, but there may be something hidden in some form of fine print. Don't know.
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
maxlevine said:
...P.P.S.: Now wait a second! Didn't you just create this folder? :what:
Yep, all because of you :D
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
And as an after thought, it would totally suck if your entire income depended on this hypothetical situation. This is why it's good to really look hard and pay attention to what you (third person plural) are doing in this business. It pays to be choosy and particular. I have never regretted in upholding certain standards.
 

maxlevine

Webmaster
webmeister
casinomeister said:
Yep, all because of you :D
lol, not sure if I should apologize or thank you ;)

casinomeister said:
It depends on the program. I don't think I've ever seen a clause that says that a webmaster must actively promote them in order to receive funds, but there may be something hidden in some form of fine print. Don't know.
I do believe I saw that in one program... but it could have been a sportsbook.

casinomeister said:
And as an after thought, it would totally suck if your entire income depended on this hypothetical situation. This is why it's good to really look hard and pay attention to what you (third person plural) are doing in this business. It pays to be choosy and particular. I have never regretted in upholding certain standards.
Well, so far, I feel good about certain groups of casinos while hesitant about others. But you know how it could quickly change. I think Kiss is an example. One day they're respectable, the next they're rogued. And how about Omni. My intention is definitely not to promote only one group. If they were all totally ethical, I'd promote them all. After all, the idea behind a website is to provide a service.

I believe that when a large part of one's income comes from one group of casinos, one might tend to be more prone to justifying that group's less-than-ethical behavior. But I'm still wondering if the casinos would keep sending you commissions after you would take them off your site.

Max
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
maxlevine said:
...But I'm still wondering if the casinos would keep sending you commissions after you would take them off your site.
I think this really depends on the circumstances. Say for instance, it was not the fault of the casino - say the fault of the software provider - the casino may continue to pay in hopes that down the road, a change of heart or situation may occur. It's a tricky thing.
 

dominique

Dormant account
They should continue to pay for life if it says so when you sign with them. And most say that.

They also change the rules after the fact - like referback apparently ended up with so many inactive affiliates collecting monthly checks that they changed some of the rules.

Now you have to deliver at least one player to get the % you are accustomed to, otherwise you still get paid but you get a lower percentage.

Others, like poker room, try to get by with paying you for a limited time - 3 years in their case. That is not acceptable and many won't promote them for this reason.

Although it is a pain one should always read all the rules before signing with any affiliate program. There are plenty who have straight forward rules -- and all of those let you retain the player for life.
 
Top