A question to fellow members who live in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are exactly the type I was talking about I guess you should learn a thing or two from the fellow canadian who spoke about immigrants above. Take your arrogant, narrow minded and racism views back to holland and I wish another hitler rise up to show you what wars and refugees mean in case you forgot it

Please keep it mellow or the thread is closed. Do not call your fellow members arrogant, and please don't resort to Hitler statements.

Ok. Greece? Romania? Bulgaria? Hungary? Albania :)

Explain please. There is no other explanation than wanting money.

Wanting money, employment opportunities and a 'western' lifestyle, in and of themselves is not a terrible goal. Not every immigrant is looking for a quick fix, but the best opportunities, like most.
If the process of receiving govt subsidies/benefits is too easy, the better path I'd think is petitioning the government to find better and fairer processes and not blame those seeking the leg up.

Please keep it mellow or the thread is closed. Do not call your fellow members arrogant, and please don't resort to Hitler statements.

I didnt call arrogant, if you read well , you ll understand I am talking about his arrogant, narrow minded and racist views not his personality because I dont know him personnaly, and my friend thats my right to air or express my view and if you wish to close the thread thats your option but I owe to myself to speak up when in 2015 some fellows are carrying this kind of thoughts

will GENGIS KHAN do ?

Since it's a thread that is about Germans, I feel that making Hitler statements can be inflammatory - no matter how they are used. All lot of people don't understand how serious a statement like this can be taken by a German - and not everyone here is a native English speaker, and may take any comparison to Nazis or Hitler the wrong way. I do not have time to babysit a potential forum meltdown because people are getting all riled up.

I didnt call arrogant, if you read well , you ll understand I am talking about his arrogant, narrow minded and racist views not his personality because I dont know him personnaly, and my friend thats my right to air or express my view and if you wish to close the thread thats your option but I owe to myself to speak up when in 2015 some fellows are carrying this kind of thoughts

If you can't tell that you the arrogant one :) And how am I racist? I explain to you that it's only about money. You haven't been able to refute that...

And sadly many of the immigrants only want to go to select few countries for the benefits etc. whether some members can accept that or not. Just look at the thousands trying to get into UK all the time. Why the UK, because of the benefits. If they were really only wanting to escape war then any country would do but no they want to come here.

Well if I could speak arabic and english where would I most likely try to go ?

I disagree. Calling his views arrogant and racist is painting him with the same brush.

You are free to express your viewpoints here as long as you behave yourself. I don't need to explain this any further.

If you can't tell that you the arrogant one :) And how am I racist? I explain to you that it's only about money. You haven't been able to refute that...

That was explained. Plenty of immigrants seek not just employment, but a certain lifestyle (don't we all, after all?) If we've the braggadocio to tout how well we have it, it follows others would want it as well.
It isn't just about getting benefits - but about escape, schooling, raising families..and yes, quite honestly, contributing.

The european countries laid the cornerstones for the situation we have.

European soldiers raped, plundered and burned the whole world. Colonialism was the biggest crime in the history of mankind. Started with South America (90% of the natives killed), North America, Africa (8-10 million dead natives between 1888 and 1908 only in the Congo). We don`t want to talk about the slaves who where caught like animals and selled like pieces of flesh.

Europe always want to be the ethic leader in the world. Now we have a chance to show the rest of the world that Europe learned from the mistakes in the past. That the human is in the center of our mind. Every refugee has his story and every human has the right to live in peace and safety.

What would you do if all your neighbours are dead? Of course you will stand brave in your city and wait for the end. Sure?

And then after you lost everything you are in a "safe" country and there are people in front of your house with Molotow cocktails and hate in their minds.

The politicians show all their weakness every day in this situation. I don`t want to change the mind of anyone here. I just want to say:

Sympathy is a human quality and people who escaped from terror and war need us now.

Maybe you have some old clothes or a toy for these people. Maybe you just have some warm words to make them feel safe.

Everyone can show that the european ideas (freedom, fraternalism, equality) are not empty phrases.

Long story short:

Welcome to Europe

PS: I live in Swizterland but I`m German

That was explained. Plenty of immigrants seek not just employment, but a certain lifestyle (don't we all, after all?) If we've the braggadocio to tout how well we have it, it follows others would want it as well.
It isn't just about getting benefits - but about escape, schooling, raising families..and yes, quite honestly, contributing.

Exactly my point. So they are 'lifestyle' (or economic) refugees. And that's not allowed. Why not just open Europe, everyone is welcome, and just choose your country? Won't work...

Exactly my point. So they are 'lifestyle' (or economic) refugees. And that's not allowed. Why not just open Europe, everyone is welcome, and just choose your country? Won't work...

You're cherry-picking. I didn't say JUST lifestyle; in fact, the word 'escape' was specifically used. If you're going to flee, there's nothing inherently wrong in choosing where you have the most opportunities.

You're cherry-picking. I didn't say JUST lifestyle; in fact, the word 'escape' was specifically used. If you're going to flee, there's nothing inherently wrong in choosing where you have the most opportunities.

Except you can not demand your choice to be granted. Nobody questions the US's greencard system. What would you think the US would do if millions of Arabs suddenly showed up at a trainstation?

Except you can not demand your choice to be granted. Nobody questions the US's greencard system. What would you think the US would do if millions of Arabs suddenly showed up at a trainstation?

A little extreme a posit. And plenty question the US's system.

A little extreme a posit. And plenty question the US's system.

Why extreme? That is exactly what is happening. But if you don't like the US as an example, choose any other country then. Canada, China, Russia?
It's just strange that the world demands that Europe (Germany) takes all (economic) refugees. Let's spread them worldwide then.

You are exactly the type I was talking about I guess you should learn a thing or two from the fellow canadian who spoke about immigrants above. Take your arrogant, narrow minded and racism views back to holland and I wish another hitler rise up to show you what wars and refugees mean in case you forgot it

Exactly the sort of emotional response that got this thread shut down earlier. Try and keep cool as you debate this interesting issue.

Why extreme? That is exactly what is happening. But if you don't like the US as an example, choose any other country then. Canada, China, Russia?
It's just strange that the world demands that Europe (Germany) takes all (economic) refugees. Let's spread them worldwide then.

Refugees are taken in across the world...the 'world' isn't demanding Europe open its doors to every last one. Let's be fair - a train as you say, hardly has the means to pull into port here. Canada currently takes in around 1 of every 10 refugees. Let's also note, Canada is essentially an immigation mosaic.

I'm not saying there's isn't any issues here need addressing. I'm not even German. If you'll note, I actually haven't addressed the German situation on numbers, but merit and toward immigation in general.

Refugees are taken in across the world...the 'world' isn't demanding Europe open its doors to every last one. Let's be fair - a train as you say, hardly has the means to pull into port here. Canada currently takes in around 1 of every 10 refugees. Let's also note, Canada is essentially an immigation mosaic.

You're finding all kinds of logistical excuses, but what if the US just put all Mexican (and other Latin/South American) 'refugees' on a train to Canada. EXACTLY what is happening in Europe.

Exactly the sort of emotional response that got this thread shut down earlier. Try and keep cool as you debate this interesting issue.

I am very cool and as I said it is very easy to question refugees motives when you are sitting comfortly in your home as you are not the one living the situation

I also dont understand someone from holland raising hell about refugees as if they came knocking at his doors !!!!

since this is about germans as the BOSS said, it is funny that a german who answered earlier is far more tolerant and willing to give help and suppor tto refugees than this guy

You're finding all kinds of logistical excuses, but what if the US just put all Mexican (and other Latin/South American) 'refugees' on a train to Canada. EXACTLY what is happening in Europe.

Logistical excuses. Silly me, I thought debate was about logic and not just emotion.
And no, the 2 situations aren't synonymous (nor related). Re: strawman

Logistical excuses. Silly me, I thought debate was about logic and not just emotion.
And no, the 2 situations aren't synonymous (nor related). Re: strawman

Why not? And logistical doesn't mean logical? What would Canada do, if all Latin/South American 'refugees' chose to go to Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back