2020/21 premier league and any football elsewhere discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I can see no way Ole survives this. Its bad to lose at home to Liverpool but this performance is so far beyond pathetic. Outplayed from minute one.

With all the goodwill in the world and credit he has in the bank you still have to think a change in management is afoot
Steve Bruce was spotted in Trafford at 8pm this evening so I hear

If I was Bruce I would use some of that 8 mil pay off to set up and fund a local charity. To me such a pay off for failure is simply gross :mad:
Hardly Bruce's fault. He got offered the terms in the contract in the first place.

It's not like other managers haven't been going from club to club looking for severance payouts?

Added to that, it happens in pretty much all industries towards the top of the pyramid. Just look at failed CEOs who failed their businesses walking away with 7 figure sums...

Capitalism on steroids I'm afraid.

Hardly Bruce's fault. He got offered the terms in the contract in the first place.

It's not like other managers haven't been going from club to club looking for severance payouts?

Added to that, it happens in pretty much all industries towards the top of the pyramid. Just look at failed CEOs who failed their businesses walking away with 7 figure sums...

Capitalism on steroids I'm afraid.
I never suggested it didn't happen across the board where they can get it but it doesn't make it right or fair to your average supporter or a companies lowly worker

Gary Neville's usually ok and accurate with his assessments, but his love for his former bum chum team mates knows no bounds.

At least Roy Keane would tell you how it is, no-nonsense and no wheels in sight
Gary Neville is nothing more than an irritant these days (a lot of the fan base feel the same). How he can’t see that Ole is miles away from being a top manager is beyond my comprehension.

Gary Neville is nothing more than an irritant these days (a lot of the fan base feel the same). How he can’t see that Ole is miles away from being a top manager is beyond my comprehension.
He's obviously blinkered and wears his Ole rose-tinted glasses whenever he's up for criticism. He's lost all objectivity, but probably believes Ole'd grow into becoming a top manager, just like Arsenal are doing with Arteta etc

Problem is Man U are too big a club to let wallow in fanciful rebuilding projects, and pretty much most of their coaching staff is comprised of 30-somethings with no real street-smarts (Carrick, McKenna) and so forth.

Tuchel's proven that you can get a big name to a big club from another big club and forge a championship- challenging team almost overnight.

Conte would be a superb replacement, ultimately, the likes of which Man U should have Ole & co learning off as they cut their teeth. Not Molde > Cardiff > arguably the biggest club in football

I thought nuno would do well moving up the football ladder, spurs are starting to become a toxic sacking club, where ending outside the top 5 probably means the boot. Somebody like eddie howe might be a decent punt, but I guess they'll go for a proven title winning coach from italy or spain.

Should have let kane go as well, he cost them nothing, has bust a gut scoring tons, and the price offered was reasonable for somebody whose physical peak and sprightliness is not in front of him. It's his playing career, now his market transfer fee is probably millions less than the 100+m tabled by man city.

Well it looks like we're getting Eddie Howe after all!

I thought he did well at his two stints at Bournemouth, and was extremely unlucky with his injury- ravaged squad towards the tail- end of his latter tenure.

Was once regarded as one of England's brightest managerial prospects, and he has relegation battle war- weariness in spades, so it should be a good fit.....

1636059870619.png

Knowing us though we'll probably screw up the appointment and get Steve Bruce back instead!

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I thought he did well at his two stints at Bournemouth, and was extremely unlucky with his injury- ravaged squad towards the tail- end of his latter tenure.

Was once regarded as one of England's brightest managerial prospects, and he has relegation battle war- weariness in spades, so it should be a good fit.....

View attachment 160394

Knowing us though we'll probably screw up the appointment and get Steve Bruce back instead!

they showed intent unai emery, we failed move on! It’s not going to be easy at all but after Mike Ashley well….
I expect relegation this season I don’t want or wish for it just the odds are stacked against us! Newcastle United has and never will be easy but Eddie Howe will have my full support and every other true supporter. 🍻

The premier league is starting to get interesting again as a competition, I may even re-don my john motson sheepskin next season and take on the fpl's top flight once more :cool: :laugh:

Don't do it.

Fpl is literally destroying my soul.

Fixtures,form,price changes and worst of all you end with a vested interest in some random game because your 4.0m defender is starting and need him to get a clean sheet :laugh:

View attachment 160394

I think that he is a quality manager who deserves a crack at managing big team players.

I'm hope I don't seem too salty but I think that when the keeper is the last line of defense and brings down a player with a clear goal scoring opportunity being sent of and a free kick is not enough.
It should be a penalty even if it was outside of the box :sniper:

I think that he is a quality manager who deserves a crack at managing big team players.

I'm hope I don't seem too salty but I think that when the keeper is the last line of defense and brings down a player with a clear goal scoring opportunity being sent of and a free kick is not enough.
It should be a penalty even if it was outside of the box :sniper:
What you have to take into consideration is that goalkeepers aren't real footballers - I should know, I was one

Once outside that box they become lost. It's like stepping into Narnia for most of them. So give 'em a break, yeah? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back