2020/21 premier league and any football elsewhere discussion

mack341

Was tempted to post this in WTF but just found out Rafa the gaffa is everton's new manager, I must've missed this news, he'll make them difficult to beat, could be interesting seeing as they have a bit of financial backing these days.

from wiki: Prior to signing the contract, he was a subject to threats from a group of Everton supporters, who left a banner near his home, reading "We know where you live. Don't sign."

Reminds me of when George graham turned up at white hart lane :rolleyes:

lord flashheart

Experienced Member
Was tempted to post this in WTF but just found out Rafa the gaffa is everton's new manager, I must've missed this news, he'll make them difficult to beat, could be interesting seeing as they have a bit of financial backing these days.

from wiki: Prior to signing the contract, he was a subject to threats from a group of Everton supporters, who left a banner near his home, reading "We know where you live. Don't sign."

Reminds me of when George graham turned up at white hart lane :rolleyes:

Yes, you are very late to this news. Very strange for him to take the job though as Liverpool fans hold him in high regard

mack341

I think he kept his house in liverpool so that probably played a part, I believe a lot of chelsea fans hated him probably more than the toffees, yet he won a uefa cup iirc, football fans can be so fickle, he'll always be respected as a professional manager who puts a shift in.

Slottery

PABnoaccred
MM
Manchester City and bit high "sponsorship deals" been in court for while but only made public now. We'll see if FA would punish them bit, UEFA Mafia for sure don't do anything (oh sorry, they already got £10 million fine instead of original 2 years ban from CL).

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

lord flashheart

Experienced Member
Manchester City and bit high "sponsorship deals" been in court for while but only made public now. We'll see if FA would punish them bit, UEFA Mafia for sure don't do anything (oh sorry, they already got £10 million fine instead of original 2 years ban from CL).

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Didn't they have some dodgy TV deal in China as well? I'm sure I remember reading about some deal where the media company paying for it was either owned or part owned by The city group / Abu Dhabi group