2020/21 premier league and any football elsewhere discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
UEFA should have a rule whereby if 2 teams from the same country reach a final, it gets moved there. After the folly of the Chelsea-Arsenal UEFA cup, sorry 'Europa League' final in 2019 being played in bloody Kazakhstan or wherever it was, now we have Man City Chelsea in Turkey. Buuuullllsshitttt!

UEFA should have a rule whereby if 2 teams from the same country reach a final, it gets moved there. After the folly of the Chelsea-Arsenal UEFA cup, sorry 'Europa League' final in 2019 being played in bloody Kazakhstan or wherever it was, now we have Man City Chelsea in Turkey. Buuuullllsshitttt!
Yeah I completely agree with that. It's the fans who suffer as not everyone can afford flights etc, and trying to get there can be a nightmare, 40k fans all trying to get a flight there and back at the same times.

Yeah I completely agree with that. It's the fans who suffer as not everyone can afford flights etc, and trying to get there can be a nightmare, 40k fans all trying to get a flight there and back at the same times.
From what I understand the aviation industry are not in a position to fly 40k fans to one destination due to so many crew leaving the industry over the past year as well as aviation itself being in question long term

From what I understand the aviation industry are not in a position to fly 40k fans to one destination due to so many crew leaving the industry over the past year as well as aviation itself being in question long term
It was more normal years I was meaning, I doubt there will be many fans allowed this year anyway. It does seem ridiculous to have the final so far away from the two teams in the final, even when they are in different countries, it could be moved to somewhere midway between them both, rather than half way round the world for both sets of fans.

It was more normal years I was meaning, I doubt there will be many fans allowed this year anyway. It does seem ridiculous to have the final so far away from the two teams in the final, even when they are in different countries, it could be moved to somewhere midway between them both, rather than half way round the world for both sets of fans.
I have no idea about the statistics or if there are any yet? But I have found myself much less interested in football since crowds where banned. I no longer look forward to watching a game on tv and often forget it is on. Even Newcastle games!
If other folk feel the same way then I wonder what effect there will be on the sport? Has Sky subscriptions been effected?

I have no idea about the statistics or if there are any yet? But I have found myself much less interested in football since crowds where banned. I no longer look forward to watching a game on tv and often forget it is on. Even Newcastle games!
If other folk feel the same way then I wonder what effect there will be on the sport? Has Sky subscriptions been effected?
I'm exactly the same, I genuinely can't remember the last time I watched a full game, apart from the Sunderland Cup Final, I've watched the odd bit of the odd game, usually the midweek European ones, but it's not the same at all without the crowds. They are allowing supporters back into the stadiums in limited numbers (25% or 10k) son though, so hopefully by next season things will be better :)

I'm exactly the same, I genuinely can't remember the last time I watched a full game, apart from the Sunderland Cup Final, I've watched the odd bit of the odd game, usually the midweek European ones, but it's not the same at all without the crowds. They are allowing supporters back into the stadiums in limited numbers (25% or 10k) son though, so hopefully by next season things will be better :)
Again,I wish that I had your optimism :(

Again,I wish that I had your optimism :(
Well the numbers continue to drop, and thats despite things opening up again, so it's definitely going in the right direction. As long as people don't go stupid I can't see any reason why things won't open up again as per the timetable set out by BJ earlier in the year. I do think the May 17th lifting of restrictions will be more telling than the ones so far, but still, people were predicting rises after the schools opened, after Easter, after the shops opened, after the pubs opened, none of which have happened, so I'm optimistic the slow re-opening of things is working, along with the vaccination program. There were 27 deaths recorded yesterday, which included the bank holiday catch up figures, compared to 1300 a few months ago, if the figures stay that low, or drop further, I can't see any reason not to open things up fully over the summer :)

Maybe that is the reason i have felt similar this past year. I'd never miss a game of the best team in the world in the past 30 years. always looked forward eagerly to watch them. but this past year, not so much.
Strangely, my mother has recently begun to fall in love with the best team in the world to ever exist (yes, I'm talking about LFC, obviously) since i gave her a decent app for streaming to watch. She says that for some reason, I don't seem as interested as i have been throughout my life to watch LFC games.
After reading your post Geordie, now I'm thinking 'you don't know ma, you werent there!'

Maybe that is the reason i have felt similar this past year. I'd never miss a game of the best team in the world in the past 30 years. always looked forward eagerly to watch them. but this past year, not so much.
Strangely, my mother has recently begun to fall in love with the best team in the world to ever exist (yes, I'm talking about LFC, obviously) since i gave her a decent app for streaming to watch. She says that for some reason, I don't seem as interested as i have been throughout my life to watch LFC games.
After reading your post Geordie, now I'm thinking 'you don't know ma, you werent there!'
Now its getting to the most important time of the season I'm getting my mojo back a little :p

I'm not sure why both games tonight are on at the same time?

So apparently UK government has sent a request to UEFA to move the Champions League final to England given that Turkey is on the red list of travel.

A mate of mine from Irish Sports media reckons villa park is the likeliest venue. Could possibly hold between 8-10k fans too. It's also the perfect venue considering Manchester City and Chelsea are involved would mean Old Trafford or Wembley would be home town advantage for one side. So Birmingham would at least provide a neutral city.

This makes so much sense for all involved hopefully UEFA see sense.

leicester 2 Noocastle 4 ...good result for the magpies, willock on loan from arsenal is doing well 5 goals from 11 appearances, only 1 less than firmino has scored in 31 games!
Be good if they could make the move permanent but his stock just keeps rising! Think it was the best I’ve seen from them for a while looked pretty good and should be safe even tho mathematically at the minute they are not

So boys are you suprised with mc champions?View attachment 155323

No, not really as they probably have the best squad, manager is decent too! Depending on who replaces aguero they could go up another level as well. Normally it's hard to keep top players happy if they're not playing but pep seems to be able to. Utd did well considering their squad is more patchy and solksjaer isn't viewed as a managerial great.

As a lfc fan we improved at the end, and have just purchased another cd, so perhaps insurance if virgil is not back at his best, we need a central striker though that can score 20+ imo

Going back to fergie's heyday no one could forsee that city would ever overtake them, I wonder how mancunians decide which team to support, is it location based within manchester or family tradition :confused:

No, not really as they probably have the best squad, manager is decent too! Depending on who replaces aguero they could go up another level as well. Normally it's hard to keep top players happy if they're not playing but pep seems to be able to. Utd did well considering their squad is more patchy and solksjaer isn't viewed as a managerial great.

As a lfc fan we improved at the end, and have just purchased another cd, so perhaps insurance if virgil is not back at his best, we need a central striker though that can score 20+ imo

Going back to fergie's heyday no one could forsee that city would ever overtake them, I wonder how mancunians decide which team to support, is it location based within manchester or family tradition :confused:
There are Man Utd fans who live in Manchester? I thought they were all from London!

Tomorrow's CL final will be a better game than the Europa League final.

Anybody with a bet365 account(in ireland anyway) there seems to be a free €5 bet on Champions League final.

I whacked it on Reuben Dias for first goal at 25/1.

Also Paddy Power( don't know if its Ireland only) have a free €5bet builder on se game.

Was tempted to post this in WTF but just found out Rafa the gaffa is everton's new manager, I must've missed this news, he'll make them difficult to beat, could be interesting seeing as they have a bit of financial backing these days.

from wiki: Prior to signing the contract, he was a subject to threats from a group of Everton supporters, who left a banner near his home, reading "We know where you live. Don't sign."

Reminds me of when George graham turned up at white hart lane :rolleyes:

Was tempted to post this in WTF but just found out Rafa the gaffa is everton's new manager, I must've missed this news, he'll make them difficult to beat, could be interesting seeing as they have a bit of financial backing these days.

from wiki: Prior to signing the contract, he was a subject to threats from a group of Everton supporters, who left a banner near his home, reading "We know where you live. Don't sign."

Reminds me of when George graham turned up at white hart lane :rolleyes:

Yes, you are very late to this news. Very strange for him to take the job though as Liverpool fans hold him in high regard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back