World Cup 2018 World Cup 2018: Rusia vs Saudi Arabia

World Cup 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's a wonder that China with a population of over 1 Milliards people not able to find ELEVEN samurai's for the green grass
Same as India right. It's hard to believe, although many live in abject poverty, so football's not that important. Plus they have cricket as their national sport.

Infrastructure for football is probably terrible too....

And for teams like this Italy and The Netherlands stayed home.
In my opinion football should evolve and there should be like an A group or Elite Group and then a B and C league.
Just like in Icehockey or Curling for example.

I mean, who is waiting to see tee Saudi Arabia and Iran and Panama to name a few. :confused:
Pitch fillers.

In China football also has to compete with other sports and also with having a career in the business.

And there's no football culture, which means no stars, no football field in every village, not something they would like to see their kid doing, etc. Image is everything in China and football doesn't contribute to a succesful image in their eyes.

Most strong teams are countries where football is part of culture for years. Also, see for example the US. Unless investments in what they call soccer, they still have a way to go. Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Italy, Uruguay, England... they were performing well since the beginning.

In some countries football is also one of the few paths to make some money, mainly in African countries. Some countries also profit from many of their players grewn up in Europa. Both is not the case in Europe.

It's a bit an egg-chicken story. They would need success to trigger enthousiasm, but success needs decent players and decent players is difficult without too much interest, infrastructure, etc.

In my opinion football should evolve and there should be like an A group or Elite Group and then a B and C league.

I mean, who is waiting to see tee Saudi Arabia and Iran and Panama to name a few. :confused:
Pitch fillers.

I agree. It will be even worse if 48 teams will compete.

However, it's not going to happen. FIFA votes for everything, hence Turks & Caicos Islands have the same voting power as Brazil and Germany.

Icehockey system would be the best and most fair. But that will mean that the A poule will be dominated by European and South American teams. In case of 16 teams per group, best Asian team will be perhaps on third or fourth level. They're going to vote against that. Same thing for Oceania and North America.

who is waiting to see tee Saudi Arabia and Iran and Panama to name a few. :confused:
Pitch fillers.

People from Saudi Arabia and Iran and Panama is waiting to see the game.
This is called "World Cup" not, "Euro", it should be a festival for the people all over the world, I think.

and not forget these few countries that also once a leading Football Nation...
Hungary, UDSSR, Yugoslavia
They have gone completely Backwards until today!!
unbelievable that 1954 Hungary beats Germany in grouphase 7:1 but the second match in Final won Germany and this would be a so big sensation... maybe the same sensation like Iceland in European Half-Final :D

and not forget these few countries that also once a leading Football Nation...
Hungary, UDSSR, Yugoslavia
They have gone completely Backwards until today!!
unbelievable that 1954 Hungary beats Germany in grouphase 7:1 but the second match in Final won Germany and this would be a so big sensation... maybe the same sensation like Iceland in European Half-Final :D

Hungary didn't beat Germany 7-1 in the group phase. They beat them 8-3. The team that Hungary beat 7-1 in 1954 was England, about a month before the World Cup.

Hungary didn't beat Germany 7-1 in the group phase. They beat them 8-3. The team that Hungary beat 7-1 in 1954 was England, about a month before the World Cup.

ahh now you did say it... true they punished us 8:3. you're also a fan from old statistics/data's right?!
you're from N.Ireland ? ...N.Ireland was the second Sensation from the EuropeanCup & The Fans were the best of all...everytime in good mood and overall we here that song...WILL GRIGG ON FIRE !!!

Yeah I am a bit of a fan of stats Denis :oops:

We were pretty happy with how we did in the Euros. My cousin was in France for the whole duration of N. Ireland's participation in the tournament.
He was gutted when we were eliminated, but at the same time, truly grateful that the roller coaster ride lasted as long as it did, because after the first game, we thought "reaching the last 16? no chance!".

We were kind of grateful for the ahem....."assist" from the Germans in the last group game ;) Your lot didn't have their shooting boots on that day :laugh:

Pitch fillers.
Err, me? Being half- Iranian and all :D

Would love to see them top the group with Spain and Portugal :eek:

I also want to see Panama beat England :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back