World Cup 2018 World Cup 2018 Predictions - Who Will be the Winner?? - France vs Croatia Final Poll

World Cup 2018

World Cup 2018 Winner?

• France - Regular time

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Croatia - Regular time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • France - Overtime

• Croatia - Overtime

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • France - penalty shootout

• Croatia - penalty shootout

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That game was a total snoozefest. If France and Denmark are going to serve up crap like that, then I hope they get ruthlessly disposed of in the last 16.
Preferably by Croatia and Argentina with a re-invigorated Messi who has gone into a full on defiant "fuck it....I'm allin" mode.

I always thought if Argentina get a Phoenix-like reprieve and 'bye' against Nigeria they'll seize their chance. I wouldn't fancy them in the knockouts, now or ever.

Much better to get an early wake-up call than think you're world- beaters (England) and delude yourselves, only to lose in the obligatory Quarter Finals phase...

Whoever draws Denmark will be over the moon :D

I'm just wondering who PM'ed robby to advise him to edit his spelling of "Niggeria" :p

Actually that's where the word came from back in the 1600's. The tribes in the Niger Delta area were so black they had a bluish tinge to their skin. You may have seen them around yourself if you live in London. So the expression came to be 'as black as a Niger' (spread by traders, slavers and explorers returning to Britain) to describe something or somebody very dark. Being at this time very few people could read or write it got corrupted by verbal use (like many old words have been especially those with a 'soft G' like Niger.)

So rather than offensive, its roots were actually in the name of this region in East Africa. :thumbsup:

Then again, at that time 'gay' also meant happy and a faggot was a wooden stake..

Actually that's where the word came from back in the 1600's. The tribes in the Niger Delta area were so black they had a bluish tinge to their skin. You may have seen them around yourself if you live in London. So the expression came to be 'as black as a Niger' (spread by traders, slavers and explorers returning to Britain) to describe something or somebody very dark. Being at this time very few people could read or write it got corrupted by verbal use (like many old words have been especially those with a 'soft G' like Niger.)

So rather than offensive, its roots were actually in the name of this region in East Africa. :thumbsup:

Then again, at that time 'gay' also meant happy and a faggot was a wooden stake..
That description's made me come over a little queer

That description's made me come over a little queer

Well at least you didn't come over a wooden stake or a erm...."savoury duck".

Back to the football, if we may :p

So it's France v Argentina and Uruguay v Portugal in the first quarter of the draw (both games to be played on Saturday).

And Spain v Russia and Croatia v Denmark in the third quarter of the draw (both games to be played on Sunday).

Based on what I have seen so far, I have to make Uruguay and Croatia my picks for reaching the semi finals.

Seems almost all teams have had a game to forget thus far, in Argentina's case, two and a half :eek2:

Croatia look like the dark horses of the tournament, yet I can't picture them lifting the trophy in my mind's eye.

Spain have been underwhelming, so I wouldn't see the Russia game as a dead cert.

It's a shame to see the likes of France & Argentina square off so early on, same as Uruguay Portugal.

Denmark may as well field their reserves, that may be rash but nothing will save their bacon. On a side note, used to always buy Pione Sisto in FM 2015 & 16 for a snip, he'd be a wonderkid without fail. I feel that there's some emotional investment on my part, and it's surreal to see him in the flesh.

I'm more tempted to opt for Argentina vs Portugal, personally, when all's said and done.

As for ze Germans, I fear Brazil may be next. That is, if they can overcome the might of S.Korea :eek2:

I'll be donning my Serbia hat tomorrow :cheerleader:

The top half of the draw could be

Uruguay vs Portugal
France vs Argentina
Brazil vs Germany
England/Belgium vs Colombia

That's tasty but the bottom side could be average.

Spain Vs Russia
Croatia vs Denmark
Mexico vs Switzerland
Japan vs Belgium/England

Belgium vs England it's probably better for the team that loses

I'll be rooting for Japan, should this scenario play out. You can bet Japan will at least play with a bit of passion and national pride :D

Coupled with the make up of the England squad....I can't think of a single likeable or relatable character in there. I mean c'mon, who doesn't want to smack Dele Alli in the face? Be honest now :cool:

I'll be rooting for Japan, should this scenario play out. You can bet Japan will at least play with a bit of passion and national pride :D

Coupled with the make up of the England squad....I can't think of a single likeable or relatable character in there. I mean c'mon, who doesn't want to smack Dele Alli in the face? Be honest now :cool:
Did someone mention lightweight prima donnas.

I felt a bit sorry for Nigeria last night. Not only because I tipped them to do well before this tourny began,but I thought that they deserved to go though. Such a young squad has so much room to improve and I bet that we will see a lot more of their players in the next few years signing for the big guns and they will be back with a bang in 4 years time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back