Windows 10 Built in video recording features

Wild Reels

Meister Member
webmeister
Thought i would post this here for people who like to make the winner videos, i've just been playing around with Windows 10 after upgrading and they have added in-game recording as part of the DVR functions, you can access the game bar (recording stuff using WIN key +G aimed at gamers) with the ability to continuously record start/stop as well as record in the background for up to 10 minutes of footage.

You can read more about this little feature here
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

but thought it might be useful for people with shareware/freeware as something new to test out :) and hopefully more people sharing winner videos :)

Wow, more "features" to take over the world, I see......this is definitely going to put a hurt on software developers that provide (retail) recording software.....

Side note: Is there an option w/Windows 10 to dual boot your old OS as well? I'd like to give it a shot, but unfortunately I don't have the windows 7 key or DVD with this laptop - it was given to me, and the previous owner upgraded it from Vista...so I'd have no way of (legitimately) downgrading back to 7. I run 7 home premium.

Or, is there a way to get the RAW product key from my registry, perhaps?

Copy and paste the below code into Notepad and save to your desktop with the file extension as .vbs. Then double click it.

( Credit to:
)

Code:
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
MsgBox ConvertToKey(WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId"))

Function ConvertToKey(Key)
Const KeyOffset = 52
i = 28
Chars = "BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
Do
Cur = 0
x = 14
Do
Cur = Cur * 256
Cur = Key(x + KeyOffset) + Cur
Key(x + KeyOffset) = (Cur \ 24) And 255
Cur = Cur Mod 24
x = x -1
Loop While x >= 0
i = i -1
KeyOutput = Mid(Chars, Cur + 1, 1) & KeyOutput
If (((29 - i) Mod 6) = 0) And (i <> -1) Then
i = i -1
KeyOutput = "-" & KeyOutput
End If
Loop While i >= 0
ConvertToKey = KeyOutput
End Function

Copy and paste the below code into Notepad and save to your desktop with the file extension as .vbs. Then double click it.

( Credit to:
)

Code:
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
MsgBox ConvertToKey(WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId"))

Function ConvertToKey(Key)
Const KeyOffset = 52
i = 28
Chars = "BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
Do
Cur = 0
x = 14
Do
Cur = Cur * 256
Cur = Key(x + KeyOffset) + Cur
Key(x + KeyOffset) = (Cur \ 24) And 255
Cur = Cur Mod 24
x = x -1
Loop While x >= 0
i = i -1
KeyOutput = Mid(Chars, Cur + 1, 1) & KeyOutput
If (((29 - i) Mod 6) = 0) And (i <> -1) Then
i = i -1
KeyOutput = "-" & KeyOutput
End If
Loop While i >= 0
ConvertToKey = KeyOutput
End Function

Thanks ;)

Tip: You actually have to right-click on it and choose "open with command prompt" ... double clicking on it opens it with notepad. :thumbsup:

Ah, problem solved :)

And of course, Microsoft doesn't make it easy....

UPDATE: if you haven’t installed Windows 10 on your PC before, you’ll probably have to perform an upgrade first before you can clean install. If this doesn’t make any sense, that’s because Microsoft never makes licensing easy, even when there’s a free version.

I like it, downloaded yesterday, way more functional, just tried the video player, was a snap, now only to find some wins to record :eek2:

I like it, downloaded yesterday, way more functional, just tried the video player, was a snap, now only to find some wins to record :eek2:

Still trying to get video drivers for this, stuck in 1024x768 resolution. WTF. lol

Took 2.5 hours from start till finish of install.

Oh, I thought this was funny....

In Windows 10, the Edge browser does not support plug-ins and therefore will not run Java. Switch to a different browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer 11) to run the Java plug-in.

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back