Question William hill blocked account

Tickler66

Dormant account
Hello everyone,

This is my first post so i apologize if this is in the wrong place. I had a quick look around for a similar problem but couldn`t see one. Here is what has happened to me. I`ll try and keep it as short as possible.

A few weeks before Christmas I opened an account with William Hill mainly to bet on the football. I usually do anywhere from £20 - £100 a week in bets. I had previously used many sites but had decided to mainly use William Hill from now on because i had just got their app on my phone and found it pretty easy and quick to use.

Just after Christmas i had about £280 in my account and while browsing the site one night on my pc i had a go of the live roulette. I had hardly ever played it before as i think its boring but i had 30 mins to kill! I was placing seven £1 bets per spin for a while (maybe 15 mins) and got the £20 i had transferred from my sports account up to £100. At this point i tried to transfer it back to my sports account and was told because i had accepted a £5 bonus offer i couldn`t until i had wagered a certain amount (£500 i think it was). The message also said if i kept on trying to transfer the funds, they would be taken off me!! With this in mind and not really wanting to sit up all night i decided to place bets of £25 on black, £25 on red and £1.50 on zero. So, £51.50 per spin equals 10 spins to complete the wager requirements and then i would walk away with a loss having bet on all the numbers. But hey, i was £80 up and just wanted it back into my sports account.

So i go back to the transfer screen and try and transfer it back and get told i still have nearly £300 left to wager!! No way! With the message i had before threatening to remove my funds if i keep trying. Anyway, it was late by now so i decided to try again the following day. Which i did. Only to find i couldn`t log in to my account and that i should contact William Hill to discuss it.

That was 3 weeks ago and after emailing them telling them all of what i have just posted here the only responses i have had from them have been them asking me for my name, address, account name etc. They haven`t once offered an explanation to why its been blocked or why/when i can get my money back. After they asked for the same details for a third time i replied saying that they have all these details and to look in the previous emails i have sent them. Since then (10 days ago) i haven`t heard from them despite emails asking for any updates.

I have, during this time, searched the internet for similar disputes and it would seem they believe me to be `abusing the bonus system`. How can this be? When the bets i was making were losing bets and i ended up losing much more than the £5 bonus they had given me.
?
So, i can understand them having to protect themselves from `bonus abuse` but why not just not allow bets on every number? Or a polite message informing the user that this isn`t allowed?

This may not even be the reason i can`t access my account but i don`t know because they won`t tell me.

What are my options here? Can anybody here help me sort this out? I may have to call them but i`d rather not because i don`t want to be put on hold or passed from person to person before being given a load of bull****

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can offer

Chris

Hello everyone,

This is my first post so i apologize if this is in the wrong place. I had a quick look around for a similar problem but couldn`t see one. Here is what has happened to me. I`ll try and keep it as short as possible.

A few weeks before Christmas I opened an account with William Hill mainly to bet on the football. I usually do anywhere from £20 - £100 a week in bets. I had previously used many sites but had decided to mainly use William Hill from now on because i had just got their app on my phone and found it pretty easy and quick to use.

Just after Christmas i had about £280 in my account and while browsing the site one night on my pc i had a go of the live roulette. I had hardly ever played it before as i think its boring but i had 30 mins to kill! I was placing seven £1 bets per spin for a while (maybe 15 mins) and got the £20 i had transferred from my sports account up to £100. At this point i tried to transfer it back to my sports account and was told because i had accepted a £5 bonus offer i couldn`t until i had wagered a certain amount (£500 i think it was). The message also said if i kept on trying to transfer the funds, they would be taken off me!! With this in mind and not really wanting to sit up all night i decided to place bets of £25 on black, £25 on red and £1.50 on zero. So, £51.50 per spin equals 10 spins to complete the wager requirements and then i would walk away with a loss having bet on all the numbers. But hey, i was £80 up and just wanted it back into my sports account.

So i go back to the transfer screen and try and transfer it back and get told i still have nearly £300 left to wager!! No way! With the message i had before threatening to remove my funds if i keep trying. Anyway, it was late by now so i decided to try again the following day. Which i did. Only to find i couldn`t log in to my account and that i should contact William Hill to discuss it.

That was 3 weeks ago and after emailing them telling them all of what i have just posted here the only responses i have had from them have been them asking me for my name, address, account name etc. They haven`t once offered an explanation to why its been blocked or why/when i can get my money back. After they asked for the same details for a third time i replied saying that they have all these details and to look in the previous emails i have sent them. Since then (10 days ago) i haven`t heard from them despite emails asking for any updates.

I have, during this time, searched the internet for similar disputes and it would seem they believe me to be `abusing the bonus system`. How can this be? When the bets i was making were losing bets and i ended up losing much more than the £5 bonus they had given me.
?
So, i can understand them having to protect themselves from `bonus abuse` but why not just not allow bets on every number? Or a polite message informing the user that this isn`t allowed?

This may not even be the reason i can`t access my account but i don`t know because they won`t tell me.

What are my options here? Can anybody here help me sort this out? I may have to call them but i`d rather not because i don`t want to be put on hold or passed from person to person before being given a load of bull****

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can offer

Chris[/QUOTE

You placed equal bets on red and black, plus a covering bet on zero, until you met the wagering requirements, and you're wondering what the problem is?

You may be new to this, but have you thought about why there are wagering requirements in the first place? Its because the house is giving you extra money to gamble with, and they do not intend it to be just cash you can walk away with. Players would just bet big at the start to try and create a big balance, and then switch to what you did to protect their winnings.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Are you also saying that you didn't know about the bonus? Did you not transfer $20 and start with a $25 balance?

I don't think you were deliberately out to break the rules, but when you don't read them at all, you'll always learn the hard way.

Take it as a reasonably cheap lesson learned, as I doubt any complaints service could help you given that you expressly stated that you did breach their terms.

Welcome to CM BTW.

Hi,
Thanks for replying. Yes i understand that i may have broken the rules by covering all the numbers but that still does not allow them to change those rules surely? I would imagine they would be delighted in accepting a losing bet. Also, I had met the wagering requirements. I would have had no problem with them refusing the bet.

As you say, maybe thats a lesson learned and i will read the T&C`s properly in future. Surely though that freezing the account and keeping my money is a bit harsh! For the sake of £300 odd they want to lose a customer and potential friends of mine when they could have just blocked the bet with a quick explanation and a clear display of the rules.

Thanks for the input,

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back